Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If We Pull Off the Win in KC ,Will be be the Favorites in the Superbowl?
(01-26-2022, 01:55 AM)Interceptor Wrote: No. We will still not have earned respect until we get that ring.

It has nothing to do with respect, it's about money and setting the line.

Since we have the longest odds in Vegas to win the Super Bowl, I would doubt we would be favored against either SF or LA.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:27 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That'd be one I wouldn't feel bad having my kids miss school for.  They don't play on the road there all the time, live it up and make it an experience! 

Maybe they will play over Christmas break and it won't matter. My oldest has graduated, so she'll be fine, and I'm not too worried about my son. But my youngest girl lives with her mother and I might be hard pressed to convince her to let me take her out of town on a school night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because Darius Phillips gifted them 10 points off of muffed punts. Without that the game never would have went to OT.

I don't agree with the sentiment. I think the odds against SF should be about even.

I'm just telling you what I think the sentiment will be.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:17 AM)Adamantium Wrote: They will continue to doubt us. Even with a ring. Next year they'd be saying we're a long shot.

If we get a superbowl ring this year, the NFL will finally give us respect. 

Respect is earned, not given.  Who Dey
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
No.We will always be underdogs,until we win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:59 AM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed on the Rams looking freakishly complete AND San Fran is playing much better now than when they beat us; then again, so are we in some regards.

I agree but the Rams fumbling like 4 times in a row is some 1994 Bengal stuff.  That was pathetic.
Reply/Quote
We could always trade Joe for Finely and have a built-in excuse for losing!   Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:00 PM)TheFan Wrote: And really freaking good? Just going to ignore that part? Lol

I think that market (LA) and that team under McVay get a lot of love despite not having won anything yet.  They have a great defense, though, I will give them that.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This team is going to have to find a way to succeed when everyone is expecting them to, because it's going to be hard to imagine anyone doubting Burrow and the Bengals going forward.  I can see us being underdogs to the Rams (plus the SB is in their home stadium, is it not?) but SF?  Nah.  Next year?  The experts are going to put us in the SB next year regardless of what happens this year.  We're going to be the trendy pick to go all the way.

Right and that 1st Place schedule will be a lot different than this 4th place one we had this year....   Repeating the success will be big 
Reply/Quote
If we don't win nobody will take Burrow nor the Bengals lightly next year. Everyone knows they're the up and coming team to be reckoned with for the foreseeable future. Anyone who does take them lightly do so at their own peril. I kind of hope the stains take them lightly..They'll learn the hard way if they learn at all.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:13 AM)Takedown Wrote: Talking about anything except the Chiefs right now is asking for a harder letdown than needed if Kermit beats us this time. And yes, we would be the underdogs as usual which I believe plays in our favor. Our guys pay attention to that for bulletin board material.

Agreed this is a silly thread.... I'm taking 1 day at a time and don't even play for the Bengals.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
As we all knew, we will be underdogs against either NFC team.

Per the article below we will be 3.5 point underdogs to the Rams and 2.5 pt underdogs against the 49ers. I’m a little surprised LA wouldn’t be a point or two higher against us.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/1/27/22904781/super-bowl-56-odds-chiefs-news-bengals-49ers-rams-nfl-playoffs-2022
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:32 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I'll say this, if we win on Sunday, I say we should be , at worst, only slight dogs against the NFC champ.  However, the HUGE challenge comes this Sunday, in my opinion.

agreed, but when you let your franchise QB get mowed down 9 times its hard to get complete respect...but we are the media darlings thats for sure
Id love to see us get in and beat the niners with our QB named JOE. how awsome would that be?
Reply/Quote
I think line opens -2.5 49ers and -5 Rams depending on who wins. We would have to dominate the Chiefs to be favourites in the Super Bowl and even then I think money would still slowly gravitate towards the NFC champion.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I think if we beat the Chiefs by 2 or more scores, we could be favored or even against SF, but the Rams would be favored against us regardless because our perceived weakness creates a terrible matchup with their perceived strength (our OL vs. their pass rushers). Plus, the game is being played on the LARams home field.

I hope we are the dogs, though, because I'll put a hefty bet on the Bengals ML and rake in some cash when we hoist the Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the Rams would be the favorite. I think we win something like 34-31 over KC and Rams win 28-7 over SF.
Reply/Quote