Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If by some miracle
Aj plays well and we make it to or even win a superbowl, who starts next season?
[Image: image.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Your avatar is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.... on a football message board avatar
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:49 AM)Bengal Jells Wrote: Aj plays well and we make it to or even win a superbowl, who starts next season?

Both of them:  AJ for the Bengals and Dalton for the Texans
Reply/Quote
Lets not get ahead of ourselves yet...

But good question.. Irony that I asked the same question to my friend earlier...

If AJ McCarron leads Bengals to a Superbowl win, does AJ stay starter or..?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Hmm...the guy coming off the MVP run with a 106.2 passer rating...or the SB hero?

That's a QB controversy I'd welcome, but lets see if McCarron can win a game first. I'm confident in him after today.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:52 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Your avatar is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.... on a football message board avatar

I made it myself, thanks
Reply/Quote
I do like the way he flings it but dont think he has anything on Dalton. I feel like our franchise is so snake bitten. Everything was going so well.
Reply/Quote
As a Buckeye fan, the answer is easy.

JT!
Reply/Quote
How about we get through the season and see what happens first?
Reply/Quote
I mean, we haven't clinched a playoff berth yet. Sooooooo......
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
When Dalton's thumb is healed, he's the starter.

Stone Cold Lock of the Century, of the week.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
A better question may be, If we finally win a playoff game with AJ then Andy is healthy the next week what do you do? Do you play the guy who has lost every playoff game he's been in not to mention he will be rusty or do you play the hot hand with AJ if that is the case. I know AJ can come out next week and suck it up but, there are 3 more games for this kid to get it. Of course its alot of IF's but this could be a dilemma.
Reply/Quote
Praying for this kind of dilemma.
Thanks for the happy thought on a sad day!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
BTW I was not trying to bash Dalton in my last post, He's been having his best season and was MVP worthy. It was just a What would you do question.
Reply/Quote
No reason to hang our heads, we still have a ton of talent. AJ just needs to manage the game. Dalton was having one hell of a year because of the weapons around him and so will AJ. The D is a different story. Everyone needs to heal up in a hurry.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: BTW I was not trying to bash Dalton in my last post, He's been having his best season and was MVP worthy. It was just a What would you do question.

It really depends on how well he plays.  IF he won the Super Bowl or even got us there, I would have to think long and hard about trading Dalton.  

Here's why:

1.  After his performance this year, Dalton would bring a 1st rounder.
2.  His $20 million dollar contract could be used to essentially bring back and extend EVERY key player on this team.

I'm not saying I would do it, but IF you went deep in the playoffs with AJ, then you could make a strong argument for keeping the entire team together and also adding 2 1st round picks in this year's draft.

Reply/Quote
Good news is it's 4 weeks til wild card weekend and 5 weeks to divisional round....."If by some miracle" they can get a bye there may be a great chance Andy is back for the playoff game!! Best case scenario!
Reply/Quote
I would base this on how long of a contract do we have AJ Mc for?

We have him on a 4 year deal and this is year 2.

He will be in year 3 next year and we could extend him, but what will be his asking price?

Also to keep in mind, is could we have won with Dalton, the consensus is yes, and if AJ is just a flash in the pan QB (think Colin K.) then do you risk giving up a guy like Dalton for a guy that just happened to have the stars align right for the playoffs? I would say no.

However, I will say this, I want AJ to play well. I would look at trading HIM though if he plays well, even if he gets the SB win.

Imagine, we get him in the 5th round, he plays well enough to garner attention, then trade him for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

That would be a sweet deal.

Either that, or maybe trade player for player... Joe Haden for AJ would be a nice exchange. I know some would think we would be helping a rival in the Browns, but in reality we would be helping ourselves.

We would make Cleveland that more competitive to play against the rest of the division while having our coaching staff with an inside track on his strengths and weaknesses. Not only that but we would have a solid lock down CB to go with our group and it would open up the draft more for us.
Reply/Quote
You stay with Dalton and it's not really close. Plus the receivers were bailing out McCarron a lot today. He was throwing high on basically every pass
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:51 AM)eoxyod Wrote: You stay with Dalton and it's not really close. Plus the receivers were bailing out McCarron a lot today. He was throwing high on basically every pass

and made some very bad reads.
still a lot of problems with McCarron.
He has a long release and is wild on anything over about 10-15 yards. 
He's still oblivious to pressure. 

He showed some good zip and placement on short to intermediate throws. 
Reply/Quote