Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If the Bengals miss the playoffs, Fire Zac?
(09-13-2022, 09:10 PM)Tony Wrote: Yea,  pretty much 

Why do you continue to make yourself look foolish?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I like to a bit more creative too but I'm wondering if Joe is holding that back too, he is not strong  in  play action , needs more Boomer to sell it. Also he has audible ability and his checks under center last Sunday were not effective.  Both need to improve but both are still young in as HC and QB.

I think our main issues with playaction is:

1 ) We've had a bad line the past year and couldn't run. This game fits that.
2 ) They run out of under center snaps a high percent of the time. Yes - a fake would be nice. But, they don't seem to want to pass it from that formation.
Reply/Quote
Some think they’re a General Manager. Some think they’re a HEad Coach. Actually, most believe we’re a year ahead of where everyone thought the team would be at this juncture.

Actually, unless you’re Sean Payton or Sean McVay and want to come here to coach, there’s no one better for this team than Zak. He’s done a total rebuild in 3 seasons and got us to a SuperBowl in the process.

I have to shake my head with regards to some here in these threads.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:57 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Some think they’re a General Manager.  Some think they’re a HEad Coach.  Actually, most believe we’re a year ahead of where everyone thought the team would be at this juncture.

Actually, unless you’re Sean Payton or Sean McVay and want to come here to coach, there’s no one better for this team than Zak.  He’s done a total rebuild in 3 seasons and got us to a SuperBowl in the process.

Yeah, they sound like the guy at the bar who, when a play fails, loudly proclaims "I knew that wouldn't work"
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:57 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Some think they’re a General Manager.  Some think they’re a HEad Coach.  Actually, most believe we’re a year ahead of where everyone thought the team would be at this juncture.

Actually, unless you’re Sean Payton or Sean McVay and want to come here to coach, there’s no one better for this team than Zak.  He’s done a total rebuild in 3 seasons and got us to a SuperBowl in the process.

This. Plus if you are a Bengals fan and have been watching these games since the game when we beat the Chiefs to make 
the Playoffs you should notice how hard the players play for Zac and how they never give up. This is rare and shows how 
much he matters in us nearly winning the Superbowl and nearly winning last Sunday after 5 frickin' turnovers...

Something that has never been done and we should of been the first to do it if not for a couple bad breaks.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 02:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, they sound like the guy at the bar who, when a play fails, loudly proclaims "I knew that wouldn't work"

(09-14-2022, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. Plus if you are a Bengals fan and have been watching these games since the game when we beat the Chiefs to make 
the Playoffs you should notice how hard the players play for Zac and how they never give up. This is rare and shows how 
much he matters in us nearly winning the Superbowl and nearly winning last Sunday after 5 frickin' turnovers...

Something that has never been done and we should of been the first to do it if not for a couple bad breaks.

Zak is the future of HCs in the NFL.  He doesn’t fall in love with certain players (Marvin “hearted” Burfict, no matter how much of a detriment he was). If there’s a better option, he uses it.  Could he have done “this or that” which makes you scratch your head?  Yeah…sometimes.  But, I’m not wearing the headset, calling plays, listening to the booth, etc…all at the same time.

If I was calling the game, I’d line up with HIggins and Chase running go routes every single play.  But, this isn’t MAdden.  Again, the last time this Bengals team made it to the Super Bowl before this was 1989 with the late, great Sam (you don’t live in Cleveland) Wyche.

And, to call for his firing?  Lord help us!
Reply/Quote
I was down to fire him after the Super Bowl last year and make a move on someone proven like Sean Payton.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 10:51 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I was down to fire him after the Super Bowl last year and make a move on someone proven like Sean Payton.

Can we please stop with the Sean Payton worship that is currently going on around this board. Payton Head coached 15 season, making the SB once, in his 3rd season (just like Taylor), and won with Drew Brees. He also had 4 seasons of 7-9 and one of 8-8. Was suspended for a year for Bountygate. Payton ain't Belicheat.  
Reply/Quote
I don't see the downside in firing ZT.  If we fire him and get a better HC it'll make us better, and if we fire him and get a worse HC it'll make Burrow mad and more determined to succeed which will make us better.

Win win win win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the team that Zac built and he deserves to be at the helm.

don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 11:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see the downside in firing ZT.  If we fire him and get a better HC it'll make us better, and if we fire him and get a worse HC it'll make Burrow mad and more determined to succeed which will make us better.

Win win win win.

Except that keeping Zac will overwhelmingly help with Burrow.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 11:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This is the team that Zac built and he deserves to be at the helm.

don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

Omg, stop it, he didn't build sh%#, he has the most important parts of this roster because he was so bad he got the picks. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 10:51 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I was down to fire him after the Super Bowl last year and make a move on someone proven like Sean Payton.

Instead they gave him a 5 year 40 million contract. Will you be okay?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 11:38 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Instead they gave him a 5 year 40 million contract. Will you be okay?

Probably not, but I hope so. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 11:37 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Except that keeping Zac will overwhelmingly help with Burrow.

Based on what?  How lousy Burrow was when he had a different NFL HC?  All jokes aside, as long as Burrow is here we're never going to be bad enough for ZT to get fired, so it's as long as any game ZT coached that didn't have Burrow under center doesn't count, ZT is a good coach so we're good.

I don't seriously think we should fire ZT, I just think it's safe to say Burrow is the George Michael to his Andrew Ridgeley. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 11:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Based on what?  How lousy Burrow was when he had a different NFL HC?  All jokes aside, as long as Burrow is here we're never going to be bad enough for ZT to get fired, so it's as long as any game ZT coached that didn't have Burrow under center doesn't count, ZT is a good coach so we're good.

I don't seriously think we should fire ZT, I just think it's safe to say Burrow is the George Michael to his Andrew Ridgeley. 

How did Belicheck do without Brady? How’d Payton do w/o Brees? How’s Dabo doing w/o Lawrence or Watson?

Reply/Quote
I think you have to look to see why we had a losing record, injuries, players underperforming, assistant coaches etc.

For example what if Burrow regresses this year, is that Zacs fault ? what if our oline does not perform well, is that Pollacks fault ?

Zac needs to be accountable but not that simple who is to blame.

What if Higgins, Burrow, Reader are out for 7 to 10 games? would you expect us to have a winning season. Look at the Ravens last year...

So No but analyzing why we had a losing record and make changes would need to happen
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 11:38 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Omg, stop it, he didn't build sh%#, he has the most important parts of this roster because he was so bad he got the picks. 

Really? I thought we signed DJ Reader, Trey Hendrickson, Chidobe Awuzie, Alex Cappa, Ted Karras, La'el Collins, etc etc. I didn't realize we drafted all those guys really high because we were really bad. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 12:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: How did Belicheck do without Brady? How’d Payton do w/o Brees?  How’s Dabo doing w/o Lawrence or Watson?

About as well as Andrew Ridgeley did without George Michael? 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 11:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Based on what?  How lousy Burrow was when he had a different NFL HC?  All jokes aside, as long as Burrow is here we're never going to be bad enough for ZT to get fired, so it's as long as any game ZT coached that didn't have Burrow under center doesn't count, ZT is a good coach so we're good.

LOL!  

Barring something catastrophic happening to either of them, they’ll both be here for a very, very long time.  IN all frankness, Probably over 50% of the NFL teams would make a run at Zak if he were let go tomorrow.
Reply/Quote