Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we lose both Sanu and Jones
I forgot who they were talking to but an NFL expert said that he did not believe that Gordon would make it.

He claimed that during this time Gordon had been tested frequently.

That being said he continued to say that he could have failed any of those and the hammer would come down at any time.

In other words... they don't have to release any failed drug tests until they feel like it.

He just felt the quantities of testing + the time would lead him to believe the odds would be against JG.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 04:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sad to see him get yet another shot at playing in the NFL when a certain LB here was booted and never allowed to return even while he was keeping his nose clean playing in other terrible football leagues. 

The consistency in the NFL about punishment is pathetic.

Thurman never applied to the NFL for reinstatement after 2008.

And I doubt he was keeping his nose clean.  That was just the same old line he had been using since college.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thurman never applied to the NFL for reinstatement after 2008.

And I doubt he was keeping his nose clean.  That was just the same old line he had been using since college.

I was a big Thurman fan and I agree. He just couldn't stop himself. Gordon doesn't strike me as an addict or alcoholic, and he's really trying to get it right.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do we do.  We have no depth behind them.  The free agent market is very thin.  We will obviuosly draft a WR or two if this happens, but do we want to rely on rookies at both #2 and #3 WR?

Would you give the Vikings a 2nd round pick for Cordarrelle Patterson?  A third?

Did we sign Iloka? Reggie? Leon?

If so, then we double dip in the draft if we need to and move up to make sure we get who we want, but the problem is you aren't telling us how we did with the rest of our FA's so we can't really make an accurate statement based on so little info.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know if Gordon is a addict or alcoholic in the full blown sense but I do know from experience the guy does have some issues with alcohol. I was a horrible binge drinker back in my day. I would get flat out wasted at least once a week, usually twice. It was a problem that caused me problems. I realized it was causing me problems but the thrill or rebel aspect..whatever it was..was too exciting. It took me awhile to wake up. Haven't drank anything in 8 years.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do we do.  We have no depth behind them.  The free agent market is very thin.  We will obviuosly draft a WR or two if this happens, but do we want to rely on rookies at both #2 and #3 WR?

Would you give the Vikings a 2nd round pick for Cordarrelle Patterson?  A third?

Looks like Sanu is as good as gone but they say they are going to make a herculean effort to try
and bring back MLJ. But if some other team is going to pay MLJ major dough that would suck.

I don't think Patterson fits what we want. He is a headcase, selfish and is not a good route runner.

Rishard Matthews would be the guy i would go after in FA if both Jones and Sanu leave. This guy
is fast and can take the top off of Defenses the way MLJ can. He is also an under the radar type
player. Rishard Matthews and an early Draft pick and we would still be fine.
Reply/Quote
Just draft replacements...we didn't need to fill any holes before this, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote