Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we make Hue Jackson HC..
(12-23-2018, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: I remember him, and that incident well. I also remember people on here getting on Marvin back in 2017 when he said that bringing back celebrations sends a bad message. Well after enduring a season where every score is celebrated by some very lame group celebration in the end zone, I'd have to say I'm agree with Marv.

Chad was cute and funny 15 years ago... It's all so lame now.

Not sure if you can tell, but I'm not much of a fan of the "celebrations" either.  Personally, I think that what Mayfield, and the other player in the first meeting did, should have warranted taunting fouls.  Since when are you allowed, under any circumstances, to troll the opponents bench?  

And, it's not that I feel badly for Hue, because I don't.  He's proven himself to be a poor coach, and obviously he had "lost the team", up in Cleveland.  The best thing that Marv and Hue could do is look for work in another division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:14 PM)jason Wrote: Oh I know man... It's probably 60-40 Browns fans where I live... They've been yapping for quite some time. I get it your team hasn't done shit in decades, but they still haven't. Just because this QB doesn't look like pure shit out of the gate, doesn't mean they've turned some huge corner... They had a better record than this in 2007 I believe... How'd that work out for them?

Derek Anderson went to the Pro Bowl and they had a winning record.  Yet none of this type garbage.

I think Baker is good.  Don't get me wrong.  He's got a group of decent WRs/O-Line/RB.

He could actually do something.

Right now all he is doing is being an ass though.

Why fawn and praise this guy for acting like a bitter child?

He's like one of these guys who makes up his own nickname or tries too hard to be cool.

That's okay.  He'll get his.  It won't necessarily be from our lowly Bengals.  He'll get it though.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:20 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Derek Anderson went to the Pro Bowl and they had a winning record.  Yet none of this type garbage.

I think Baker is good.  Don't get me wrong.  He's got a group of decent WRs/O-Line/RB.

He could actually do something.

Right now all he is doing is being an ass though.

Why fawn and praise this guy for acting like a bitter child?

He's like one of these guys who makes up his own nickname or tries too hard to be cool.

That's okay.  He'll get his.  It won't necessarily be from our lowly Bengals.  He'll get it though.

Yep... And I get it. He walked on twice. He does the ol chip on his shoulder thing to motivate himself. Phillip Lindsay does the same, just without the over the top douchebagery that Mayfield pulls out.

But I agree. I have a hard time seeing this behavior praised. The commentators were just yucking it up about him staring at Hue today. Like they were in awe of the asshole. Sooner or later that stuff will come back to haunt him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:35 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... And I get it. He walked on twice. He does the ol chip on his shoulder thing to motivate himself. Phillip Lindsay does the same, just without the over the top douchebagery that Mayfield pulls out.

But I agree. I have a hard time seeing this behavior praised. The commentators were just yucking it up about him staring at Hue today. Like they were in awe of the asshole. Sooner or later that stuff will come back to haunt him.

It just kills me when I hear "Dalton is too nice and will never win anything".

We just need an assbag like Mayfield. 

Meanwhile one of the nicest QBs in Drew Brees has won many accolades and broken numerous records on his way to the hall of fame.

I'm not comparing Andy to him talent-wise of course but the narrative that you need to a d-bag to win is stupid.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wonder how long Hue could be our HC before we turn into spiteful d-bags.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder how long Hue could be our HC before we turn into spiteful d-bags.

I chalking the Browns' behavior up to being unprofessional young punks. I don't remember Carson Palmer talking shit, and taunting the sidelines in 2012. Hell that game was blacked out, and I had it on the radio so he might have...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:41 AM)jason Wrote: I chalking the Browns' behavior up to being unprofessional young punks. I don't remember Carson Palmer talking shit, and taunting the sidelines in 2012. Hell that game was blacked out, and I had it on the radio so he might have...

Our team was talking shit to the Browns this year and there is a thread on here where we were talking about how it got under Peppers skin.  Even boring Palmer hilariously gave a suck it pelvic thrust to the crowd while winning in Seattle (as a Cardinal) and we all got moist when Geno leveled Palmer and got in his face in 2012.

We've publicly called opposing players trash, mocked them for being short and so on. Do Mean Mr Mayfield and his band of punks even mock us if we don't gleefully employ his horrifically bad coach?

The Browns are punks the Steelers are punks Burfict is a meanie the Patriots are classy cheaters and blah blah blah.

It just strikes me as a bit sad that we are currently losing to the Browns and getting all bent out of shape over what overhyped d-bags they are.  They are like the Steelers part 2 now.  Save us, karma!!   
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:47 PM)ah5 Wrote: Kitchens would be interesting, I'm actually jealous of the browns I like Williams and kitchens.

Freddie "spends a lot of time in" Kitchens.  Some desperate franchise might make him their HC based on a half a year as an OC.

Good thing no one is making a big deal out of the Clowns beating a crippled bad team by a single TD at home.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. The Baker staring down Hue thing is already blowing up.

.....and for the life of me, I can't understand why this team has allowed this shit to go on twice now.  IDGAF what anyone thinks about Hue, but if that's my coach, and these punks are clowning him (especially in our own house the first time), I'm drawing a personal foul, and that mfer thinks twice the next time he runs that c*** holster.

We already let the Stoolers bully us, now these punks?  Good Lord, Mervin has to go.....but he's not.  Schefter says the Bengals have said that Merv can leave when he wants to.  I'm reaching my limits too......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 09:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and for the life of me, I can't understand why this team has allowed this shit to go on twice now.  IDGAF what anyone thinks about Hue, but if that's my coach, and these punks are clowning him (especially in our own house the first time), I'm drawing a personal foul, and that mfer thinks twice the next time he runs that c*** holster.

We already let the Stoolers bully us, now these punks?  Good Lord, Mervin has to go.....but he's not.  Schefter says the Bengals have said that Merv can leave when he wants to.  I'm reaching my limits too......

They act like a bunch of HS kids who have never won anything.  Next year they win 4.  Jaguars, part deux.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When have they ever done anything in retaliation for an opponents action?

To be fair, we had a couple that would....Pacman, and Burfict.....but good ol' Rog has neutered Burfict.  Other than that, a reflection of our passive HC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 09:52 AM)McC Wrote: They act like a bunch of HS kids who have never won anything.  Next year they win 4.  Jaguars, part deux.

I think you are saying the Browns win 4 games, which I’m chalking up to jealousy and wishful thinking. The only way the Browns win less than 7 or 8 next year is injuries, IMO. They are building something and it says something that their whole attitude seemed to change once their meek HC was replaced with a guy who isn’t. The sad part is Hue likely is our next HC and it will only drag this team down into the abyss that was the 90s. Sorry to have to say this but other posters are right. The Browns are on the brink of becoming what the Steelers have been to us and Hue would only make it worse. What we’ve needed for decades now is a gritty coach who can change the attitude from everyone’s little brother who allows themselves to be bullied by their big brothers. Now our little brother is going to bully us. Mike is fine just turning the other cheek. Mayfield is cocky, and good. Unless we bring in an HC that will get his team to check him he is going to own us for a decade, and he’s going to tell us all about it. Sucks but it’s true. Oh and if he was playing for Bengals you’d all be saying this is the kind of guy we’ve needed, now we might finally have something.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:24 AM)Jonescincy Wrote: I think you are saying the Browns win 4 games, which I’m chalking up to jealousy and wishful thinking. The only way the Browns win less than 7 or 8 next year is injuries, IMO. They are building something and it says something that their whole attitude seemed to change once their meek HC  was replaced with a guy who isn’t. The sad part is Hue likely is our next HC and it will only drag this team down into the abyss that was the 90s. Sorry to have to say this but other posters are right. The Browns are on the brink of becoming what the Steelers have been to us and Hue would only make it worse. What we’ve needed for decades now is a gritty coach who can change the attitude from everyone’s little brother who allows themselves to be bullied by their big brothers. Now our little brother is going to bully us. Mike is fine just turning the other cheek. Mayfield is cocky, and good. Unless we bring in an HC that will get his team to check him he is going to own us for a decade, and he’s going to tell us all about it. Sucks but it’s true. Oh and if he was playing for Bengals you’d all be saying this is the kind of guy we’ve needed, now we might finally have something.

An other Bengal fan pimping those assholes.  Pardon me while I go puke.

Anybody who acts like they did yesterday does not have the mental make up for any kind of sustained success.  You would have thought they had never won a game.  Ask Jacksonville how being too full of yourself works out.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:32 AM)McC Wrote: An other Bengal fan pimping those assholes.  Pardon me while I go puke.

Anybody who acts like they did yesterday does not have the mental make up for any kind of sustained success.  You would have thought they had never won a game.  Ask Jacksonville how being too full of yourself works out.

The Jaguars have a single winning season in a decade and you use that as proof that loudmouthed d-bags can't have sustained success, geez.  It's just amusing that a fan of a franchise characterized by an owner who doesn't care about winning, a HC who can't lose his job, white-bread QBs who wilt under the bright lights of big games, diva WRs who are only interested in furthering their own brand, and so on and so forth would be so wary about players showing some "swagger" or "attitude" or "passion" whatever people want to call it when we do it and it's positive.

We got swept by the Browns...who cares if d-bag Baker rubbed it in our faces or invited us out for tea and a watercress sandwich afterwards.  Good ol' Bengals fans.  I hope Burfict rips Pig Ben's arm off, but Baker Mayfield better not be a big meanie head or he'll be sorry!!!

Like I said, the Browns are decent for one year and we are already hoping and praying karma saves us from them. Pig Ben is rapey, Mayfield is a d-bag, Ray Lewis is a murderer and this is about football, not being a nice guy. We're becoming the incels of the NFL. We just sit around and complain that we are nice guys and we finish last and life is unfair. Ok, that might be a little overboard on my part.

EDIT - There, I figured it out. The Bengals have lost 3 years in a row because we haven't cut big meanie Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Jaguars have a single winning season in a decade and you use that as proof that loudmouthed d-bags can't have sustained success, geez.  It's just amusing that a fan of a franchise characterized by an owner who doesn't care about winning, a HC who can't lose his job, white-bread QBs who wilt under the bright lights of big games, diva WRs who are only interested in furthering their own brand, and so on and so forth would be so wary about players showing some "swagger" or "attitude" or "passion" whatever people want to call it when we do it and it's positive.

We got swept by the Browns...who cares if d-bag Baker rubbed it in our faces or invited us out for tea and a watercress sandwich afterwards.  Good ol' Bengals fans.  I hope Burfict rips Pig Ben's arm off, but Baker Mayfield better not be a big meanie head or he'll be sorry!!!

Like I said, the Browns are decent for one year and we are already hoping and praying karma saves us from them.  Pig Ben is rapey, Mayfield is a d-bag, Ray Lewis is a murderer and this is about football, not being a nice guy.  We're becoming the incels of the NFL.  We just sit around and complain that we are nice guys and we finish last and life is unfair.  Ok, that might be a little overboard on my part.

EDIT - There, I figured it out.  The Bengals have lost 3 years in a row because we haven't cut big meanie Burfict.

I'm not talking about karma at all, snarky.  I'm talking about acting like they won a SB after beating a team that couldn't beat an FCS team right now.  It's all about perspective.  Let's see what happens next year after they take their off season victory tour over their mighty climb to .500.  They're still clowns.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:53 AM)McC Wrote: I'm not talking about karma at all, snarky.  I'm talking about acting like they won a SB after beating a team that couldn't beat an FCS team right now.  It's all about perspective.  Let's see what happens next year after they take their off season victory tour over their mighty climb to .500.  They're still clowns.

Are the Browns giant d-bags to any other team they've beaten, or just the Hue Jackson-lovin' Bengals?  Honest question.  We are acting like the Browns are strutting around like Travolta in that Bee Gees movie.  It's possible Mayfield just flat-out hates Hue Jackson.  Put yourself in his place...just think if we ever fire Marvin Lewis and he is standing on the Steelers sidelines and we sweep the Steelers.  Holy crap, I'd walk a thousand miles to yell "Nyeah nyeah" at ol' Marvin for that one. The Browns have beaten other teams this year...did Mayfield refuse to shake Vance Josephs' hand? Did he give Dan Quinn the staredown?

Let's also not forget that we, as fans of a dignified team, spent the last 2 years laughing at Hue Jackson's ineptitude and overall crapfulness.  Now he's in stripes again and it's time for people to man up and be respectful and so on and so forth.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:53 AM)McC Wrote: I'm not talking about karma at all, snarky.  I'm talking about acting like they won a SB after beating a team that couldn't beat an FCS team right now.  It's all about perspective.  Let's see what happens next year after they take their off season victory tour over their mighty climb to .500.  They're still clowns.

They’ll probably be even better next year because Mayfield will start from day 1. We’re in serious trouble. With Dorsey in Cleveland now the Bengals are by far the worst run team in the division. I don’t see us getting out of the basement anytime soon.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are the Browns giant d-bags to any other team they've beaten, or just the Hue Jackson-lovin' Bengals?  Honest question.  We are acting like the Browns are strutting around like Travolta in that Bee Gees movie.  It's possible Mayfield just flat-out hates Hue Jackson.  Put yourself in his place...just think if we ever fire Marvin Lewis and he is standing on the Steelers sidelines and we sweep the Steelers.  Holy crap, I'd walk a thousand miles to yell "Nyeah nyeah" at ol' Marvin for that one.  The Browns have beaten other teams this year...did Mayfield refuse to shake Vance Josephs' hand?  Did he give Dan Quinn the staredown?

Let's also not forget that we, as fans of a dignified team, spent the last 2 years laughing at Hue Jackson's ineptitude and overall crapfulness.  Now he's in stripes again and it's time for people to man up and be respectful and so on and so forth.  

The thing is he's not just doing a 30 second stare down to Hue Jackson. He's doing it to the entire team, fans, city, media and so on. 

He's grandstanding for all the world to see - LOOK AT ME

It's that sense of entitlement, narcissistic even. I'm great and I deserve special treatment, that makes him a 'special" kind of @#$%^ $#%.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’ll probably be even better next year because Mayfield will start from day 1. We’re in serious trouble. With Dorsey in Cleveland now the Bengals are by far the worst run team in the division. I don’t see us getting out of the basement anytime soon.

I will say that it is premature to declare the Browns "alive" after all these years of being dead, but you have to hand it to them.  They were god awful and they hired a GM with a great track record, went all-in on a QB, made some wise FA moves, and stockpiled picks to build through the draft, and then fired an under-performing HC and a lousy blame-passing OC.  They basically did the things we have been begging our franchise to do.

Angry Bengals Fan:  The Bengals need to fire their crappy coaches and hire a real GM!
*This just in, the Browns have fired their crappy coaches and have a real GM calling the shots now.*
Angry Bengals Fan:  Pffft!!!  They'll never win!

They were really bad and they reacted by doing stuff that is paying off, thus far.  Heaven forbid, if the Browns are actually successful people may be duped into thinking firing crappy coaches and hiring successful GMs to fix your franchise is a reasonable strategy!  LORDY!

(12-24-2018, 11:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The thing is he's not just doing a 30 second stare down to Hue Jackson. He's doing it to the entire team, fans, city, media and so on. 

He's grandstanding for all the world to see - LOOK AT ME

It's that sense of entitlement, narcissistic even. I'm great and I deserve special treatment, that makes him a 'special" kind of @#$%^ $#%.

So Mayfield is granstanding and insulting everyone, not just Hue?  It's possible, but the guy seems pretty popular outside of Cincy, thus far.  I don't think Falcons and Panthers and Jets fans are as angry at him as we are, but I haven't really delved into the Baker Mayfield show like others have.  

Also, I wouldn't call Mayfield's attitude "entitlement" more so that he is sort of an annoying, anti-hero perpetual underdog who will likely remind everyone how much people doubted him and so on.  
Reply/Quote
Something tells me the OSU fans here already hated Mayfield anyway...

Reply/Quote