Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we make Hue Jackson HC..
(12-24-2018, 11:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Something tells me the OSU fans here already hated Mayfield anyway...

My biggest issue with the Browns is that they are currently good enough to beat us but not good enough to beat the Steelers.  That's a one-two punch, right there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: My biggest issue with the Browns is that they are currently good enough to beat us but not good enough to beat the Steelers.  That's a one-two punch, right there.

They tied the Steelers, and beat the Ravens. I would not be at all surprised if they win Sunday.

Reply/Quote
And the tie was with Tyrod Taylor...

Reply/Quote
Nicomo Cosca Wrote:They’ll probably be even better next year because Mayfield will start from day 1. We’re in serious trouble. With Dorsey in Cleveland now the Bengals are by far the worst run team in the division. I don’t see us getting out of the basement anytime soon.

Agreed Dorsey has been killing drafts he did a great job building that Chiefs team and is doing a great job in Cleveland.  It just goes to show you what having an actual GM can do for a  franchise.  Dorsey is the clear decision maker in Cleveland.  Moves such as trading Hyde so a younger more talented player Chubb could get more reps is a great move and shows he's willing to move on from Hyde a player he just signed in the off season for a decent amount of money. That would probably never happen here if  we were paying Hyde he would start because we paid him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The thing is he's not just doing a 30 second stare down to Hue Jackson. He's doing it to the entire team, fans, city, media and so on. 

He's grandstanding for all the world to see - LOOK AT ME

It's that sense of entitlement, narcissistic even. I'm great and I deserve special treatment, that makes him a 'special" kind of @#$%^ $#%.

I realize the old world is gone, the one where people used to know how to act and waited until they actually did something before they started blowing their own horn and puffing out their chest.  It's been replaced by the new age of look at me, I've accomplished almost nothing. look how great I am.

But I'm trying to picture a Patriot or a Chief or a Saint acting like everything they do is epic in the midst of beating a horrible team and I'm drawing a blank.

They won by one td at home against a team that basically phoned it in.   Woo hoo!  We have to be the next big thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:47 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed Dorsey has been killing drafts he did a great job building that Chiefs team and is doing a great job in Cleveland.  It just goes to show you what having an actual GM can do for a  franchise.  Dorsey is the clear decision maker in Cleveland.  Moves such as trading Hyde so a younger more talented player Chubb could get more reps is a great move and shows he's willing to move on from Hyde a player he just signed in the off season for a decent amount of money. That would probably never happen here if  we were paying Hyde he would start because he paid him. 

Fire lousy coaches, hire a real GM, grab reasonable free agents, and build through the draft.  The fools!  That's not how we do things here in Cincy!

(12-24-2018, 11:48 AM)McC Wrote: I realize the old world is gone, the one where people used to know how to act and waited until they actually did something before they started blowing their own horn and puffing out their chest.  It's been replaced by the new age of look at me, I've accomplished almost nothing. look how great I am.

The concept of over-confidence has existed as long as mankind has.  I will say it is a bit odd that I'm defending Mayfield because I'm about the only person my age who doesn't love Michael Jordan.  Then again, I like Boomer Esiason and John McEnroe and they have moxie that is still funny to this day.

Anyways, they can't all be Larry Fitzgerald.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The thing is he's not just doing a 30 second stare down to Hue Jackson. He's doing it to the entire team, fans, city, media and so on. 

He's grandstanding for all the world to see - LOOK AT ME

It's that sense of entitlement, narcissistic even. I'm great and I deserve special treatment, that makes him a 'special" kind of @#$%^ $#%.

This.....and IDGAF about Hue Jackson.....I just can't believe this team just lays down and takes it!  I'm with Lap......when the DB handed Hue the ball after that INT in game 1, I'm firing that bad boy back in his facemask...fine or no fine.

Show some fire!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.....and IDGAF about Hue Jackson.....I just can't believe this team just lays down and takes it!  I'm with Lap......when the DB handed Hue the ball after that INT in game 1, I'm firing that bad boy back in his facemask...fine or no fine.

Show some fire!

The already defeated have no fire.  You could see it yesterday.  The defense actually played a little ball in the first quarter.  But they let the offense sucking drag them down too.  It's a familiar tale.  Delicate psyche.  Deja vu all over again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:47 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed Dorsey has been killing drafts he did a great job building that Chiefs team and is doing a great job in Cleveland.  It just goes to show you what having an actual GM can do for a  franchise.  Dorsey is the clear decision maker in Cleveland.  Moves such as trading Hyde so a younger more talented player Chubb could get more reps is a great move and shows he's willing to move on from Hyde a player he just signed in the off season for a decent amount of money. That would probably never happen here if  we were paying Hyde he would start because we paid him. 

That's about as certain as taxes and death. One thing the Bengals have shown to be excellent at is to be as least pro-active as possible in making the team better. $$$$$$
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fire lousy coaches, hire a real GM, grab reasonable free agents, and build through the draft.  The fools!  That's not how we do things here in Cincy!

The concept of over-confidence has existed as long as mankind has.  I will say it is a bit odd that I'm defending Mayfield because I'm about the only person my age who doesn't love Michael Jordan.  Then again, I like Boomer Esiason and John McEnroe and they have moxie that is still funny to this day.

Anyways, they can't all be Larry Fitzgerald.

The question is, are you the next great artist or are you MC Hammer?  Like I said, let's see what the off season victory tour over arriving at mediocre does to them.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: The question is, are you the next great artist or are you MC Hammer?  Like I said, let's see what the off season victory tour over arriving at mediocre does to them.

Fair enough, but you have to admit that even considering that the Browns would have something to step back from in 2019 was an insane prospect before the season.  Hell, I made a bet with a pal of mine that the Browns would win more than 4 games.  Time to collect that cup o' coffee, now that I think about it!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough, but you have to admit that even considering that the Browns would have something to step back from in 2019 was an insane prospect before the season.  Hell, I made a bet with a pal of mine that the Browns would win more than 4 games.  Time to collect that cup o' coffee, now that I think about it!

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not denying what they've done.  But acting like beating the Bengals is some grand accomplishment is just beyond silly.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:54 PM)McC Wrote: Don't get me wrong.  I'm not denying what they've done.  But acting like beating the Bengals is some grand accomplishment is just beyond silly.

We at least had Dalton for the first loss against them.  At any rate, our fans and players and coaches have talked enough trash on the Browns in years past, despite being them being no grand accomplishment, so what goes around comes around...or however that is.  Thems the breaks.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We at least had Dalton for the first loss against them.  At any rate, our fans and players and coaches have talked enough trash on the Browns in years past, despite being them being no grand accomplishment, so what goes around comes around...or however that is.  Thems the breaks.  

I can't really recall seeing Bengals act like that but I just must have missed it.

Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield doesn't bother me too much. I actually find his behavior entertaining and think it's good for the NFL. I think it will make it much more rewarding beating him, since hes now the bad guy
Reply/Quote
Baker is the ant-Dalton. If he were our QB we would all love him.
Reply/Quote
In Cleveland during yesterdays Browns beating the Bengals, Browns fans held up signs. You can see them on scoring plays. It's a big brown pile of poop with Hue's picture in it. The signs said HUE STINK ...as in You Stink....HUE STINK. ..With Hues picture in the big brown pile of poop.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 01:13 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Baker is the ant-Dalton. If he were our QB we would all love him.

Yep
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 01:13 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Baker is the ant-Dalton. If he were our QB we would all love him.

IDK man.....I am a tried and true, dyed in the wool Seminoles fan, and I couldn't stand Jamies Winston....N.C. or not.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:23 PM)McC Wrote: The already defeated have no fire.  You could see it yesterday.  The defense actually played a little ball in the first quarter.  But they let the offense sucking drag them down too.  It's a familiar tale.  Delicate psyche.  Deja vu all over again.

Reflection of their HC.

Reply/Quote