Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we make Hue Jackson HC..
(12-23-2018, 08:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: And no Bengal did anything about it. Sad. Not only are the Bengals a bad football team, they seem to be a bunch of spineless punks.

When have they ever done anything in retaliation for an opponents action?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:41 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I actually don't think Hue would be a bad coach but for the organization sake they 100% should not do it and they should not hire Joseph or Gruden- either.
It should be between Kitchens from CLE and Richard from Dallas. Throw in a Lincoln Riley or a Lane Kiffin from the  college ranks.

Would be? He's already been a bad coach. 

Twice.

Both opportunities he's had, he's proven he can't coach.

I think he's like Marvin. I think he's good at identifying talent, but bad at utilizing it.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When have they ever done anything in retaliation for an opponents action?

Burfict had to be held back after the Shazier hit on Gio.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:18 PM)Benton Wrote: Would be? He's already been a bad coach. 

Twice.

Both opportunities he's had, he's proven he can't coach.

I think he's like Marvin. I think he's good at identifying talent, but bad at utilizing it.

Except Marvin’s players actually like and respect him...

Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone in their right mind actually wants Hue to be HC but we know the situation as Bengals fans. It's either you stay or quit - and if you are able to quit, you do it.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict had to be held back after the Shazier hit on Gio.

Jeremy Hill had to be held back as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When have they ever done anything in retaliation for an opponents action?

George Iloka tattooed Antonio Brown right on his facemask after Ju Ju hit Burfict last year... It was clearly deliberate.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: And no Bengal did anything about it. Sad. Not only are the Bengals a bad football team, they seem to be a bunch of spineless punks.

It is irritating. Baker Mayfield needs dealt with.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:28 PM)jason Wrote: It is irritating. Baker Mayfield needs dealt with.

He’s probably going to own us for the next decade. He’ll be the new Big Ben.

Reply/Quote
I can't imagine Hue Jackson getting promoted to HC. Hell I can't imagine another season of Marvin !

Either way my Bengals fandom is gonna be at an all time low.
Reply/Quote

Tiger Agreed, and that goes straight to ML being a ball-less wonder. Won't let his players talk, won't back them up if they do. ML seems actually afraid to tell any referee he's wrong. Etc....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s probably going to own us for the next decade. He’ll be the new Big Ben.

That'll be our luck. Hue gets promoted to head coach in a couple years, Marvin gets named Director of Made up Position, and twice a year Baker Mayfield tea bags hue. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:28 PM)jason Wrote: It is irritating. Baker Mayfield needs dealt with.

Actually it was quite stupid for the Bengals to bring back Hue with 2 Briwn games remaining.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:49 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Actually it was quite stupid for the Bengals to bring back Hue with 2 Briwn games remaining.

So much for all that valuable intel!

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:49 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Actually it was quite stupid for the Bengals to bring back Hue with 2 Briwn games remaining.

Why? Because a coupla of jagoffs in their early twenties think it's disrespectful to take a job after you've been fired? Losing to the Browns is more about just sucking than it is about the Browns balling out because of Hue.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Not sure if you're old enough to remember, but back in the 80's, the Jets had this good DE named Mark Gastineau.  The Jets in general had a stout DL, but Gastineau came up with this "sack dance" antic that he would do, every time he sacked a QB. (this is before celebrations were made illegal, and likely part of the reason they were made illegal)  Anyway, he sacked the Redskins QB and did his little dance, and then was pretty much mauled by the entire Washington OL.  It turned into a big brawl, was pretty cool to see on TV as a kid.

Anyway, my point is that athletes, no matter how good they may be, when they pull that "in your face" shit, it only goes on for so long before they get dealt with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: Why? Because a coupla of jagoffs in their early twenties think it's disrespectful to take a job after you've been fired? Losing to the Browns is more about just sucking than it is about the Browns balling out because of Hue.

Because a lot of our fans are just as big of drama queens as those Browns players.

I'd rather throw respect to a good team, than a team that's ran almost as lousy as my own.

I'm not respecting the Stains until they actually do something.  Just like our team is not respected.  They've done zip.

At least win a damn division(or at least be well above .500)before thumping your chest or getting praised like a bunch of girls drooling over a Tiger Beat.

The fact that they almost let our PS team come back is quite sad really.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure if you're old enough to remember, but back in the 80's, the Jets had this good DE named Mark Gastineau.  The Jets in general had a stout DL, but Gastineau came up with this "sack dance" antic that he would do, every time he sacked a QB. (this is before celebrations were made illegal, and likely part of the reason they were made illegal)  Anyway, he sacked the Redskins QB and did his little dance, and then was pretty much mauled by the entire Washington OL.  It turned into a big brawl, was pretty cool to see on TV as a kid.

Anyway, my point is that athletes, no matter how good they may be, when they pull that "in your face" shit, it only goes on for so long before they get dealt with.

I remember him, and that incident well. I also remember people on here getting on Marvin back in 2017 when he said that bringing back celebrations sends a bad message. Well after enduring a season where every score is celebrated by some very lame group celebration in the end zone, I'd have to say I'm agree with Marv.

Chad was cute and funny 15 years ago... It's all so lame now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Because a lot of our fans are just as big of drama queens as those Browns players.

I'd rather throw respect to a good team, than a team that's ran almost as lousy as my own.

I'm not respecting the Stains until they actually do something.  Just like our team is not respected.  They've done zip.

At least win a damn division(or at least be well above .500)before thumping your chest or getting praised like a bunch of girls drooling over a Tiger Beat.

The fact that they almost let our PS team come back is quite sad really.

Oh I know man... It's probably 60-40 Browns fans where I live... They've been yapping for quite some time. I get it your team hasn't done shit in decades, but they still haven't. Just because this QB doesn't look like pure shit out of the gate, doesn't mean they've turned some huge corner... They had a better record than this in 2007 I believe... How'd that work out for them?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have to say...atleast the defense isn't historically bad like it was with Austin.
Reply/Quote