Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we make Hue Jackson HC..
(12-23-2018, 02:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I have never missed a game since I could remember. I can remember the games being blacked out having to listen to the game on the radio. I am a die hard fan and look forward to watching every Sunday. The Bengals are my life. I am as passionate about us as any of you guys are, but if Hue Jackson becomes our HC that just shows we've gave up on trying to win and have gone cheap. I will have to throw in the towel on the team and give up on them too I guess. If Hue Jackson becomes HC we will be the laughing stock of the league and the new browns. I will not watch a game, buy any apparel, or tickets. I will be done.

I have told many people already that if Hue ends up being the successor to Marv, then I may have to walk away from this team.  I know its easier said than done and Im not sure how feasible it is to just let go of fandom Ive had for 30 years, but that move may be the last straw.  It will be a complete donkey punch to the balls of the entire fanbase if Hue takes over.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:54 PM)McC Wrote: Don't get me wrong.  I'm not denying what they've done.  But acting like beating the Bengals is some grand accomplishment is just beyond silly.

See the stupid thing that Nately isn't admitting is that...  why can't it be both?

Two of those wins on their record are against a piss-poor run and injured Bengals team.

So they've improved and made changes and our team has failed in F/A and the draft.

They're middling in mediocrity teetering on .500 and our team is underwhelming big time.

Not something to decry to the world that "you've made it".

It's just ridiculous, but hey if that's your cup of tea.

Okay I'll give ya another example.

Detroit sure has looked scary talented before...  now where are they?

Was Matt Stafford acting like an assbag to the world when they were above .500? 

Meanwhile now the Browns can wear the 3rd place crown that used to belong to the Bengals and have a parade.  Big whoop!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: See the stupid thing that Nately isn't admitting is that...  why can't it be both?

Two of those wins on their record are against a piss-poor run and injured Bengals team.

So they've improved and made changes and our team has failed in F/A and the draft.

They're middling in mediocrity teetering on .500 and our team is underwhelming big time.

Not something to decry to the world that "you've made it".

It's just ridiculous, but hey if that's your cup of tea.

Okay I'll give ya another example.

Detroit sure has looked scary talented before...  now where are they?

Was Matt Stafford acting like an assbag to the world when they were above .500? 

Meanwhile now the Browns can wear the 3rd place crown that used to belong to the Bengals and have a parade.  Big whoop!
Acting like you've arrived when you're not even halfway there is not really a recipe for success.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:48 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I have told many people already that if Hue ends up being the successor to Marv, then I may have to walk away from this team.  I know its easier said than done and Im not sure how feasible it is to just let go of fandom Ive had for 30 years, but that move may be the last straw.  It will be a complete donkey punch to the balls of the entire fanbase if Hue takes over.  

I’m with ya.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So basically the Browns aren't that good, sweeping us is nothing to be proud of, and even if the Browns were good they would fall apart in no time because they are all self serving d-bags. Am I getting all that right?

So the Steelers and Ravens will continue to fight for the division while we roll with Marvin and Hue and the Browns d-bag and celebrate themselves back into the basement. Exciting. Can't wait for 2019.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I have never missed a game since I could remember. I can remember the games being blacked out having to listen to the game on the radio. I am a die hard fan and look forward to watching every Sunday. The Bengals are my life. I am as passionate about us as any of you guys are, but if Hue Jackson becomes our HC that just shows we've gave up on trying to win and have gone cheap. I will have to throw in the towel on the team and give up on them too I guess. If Hue Jackson becomes HC we will be the laughing stock of the league and the new browns. I will not watch a game, buy any apparel, or tickets. I will be done.

I actually give it about a 50% chance of happening.  They had an agreement in place when Cleveland got him in their building and didn't let him leave without signing.

I am kind of surprised that he has become such a whipping post in Cleveland.  He was handed a roster that was decimated of talent for draft picks and just when they were starting to look like a team, they fired him.  I guess a lot of it had to do with his volatile relationship with Haley.

Regardless, the offense was better under Hue than it was in 2005, and that is saying something.  Do I want him as HC?  No, I want an entirely new coaching staff, but since that is about as likely as me winning the lottery (especially since I don't play it) I will just hope for something special and be disappointed as always.  
Reply/Quote
Bring us someone neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

[Image: OKEwtEg.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:18 PM)Benton Wrote: Would be? He's already been a bad coach. 

Twice.

Both opportunities he's had, he's proven he can't coach.

I think he's like Marvin. I think he's good at identifying talent, but bad at utilizing it.
He coaches in Oakland and Cleveland not the two most ideal places in the world. I would like to see him in a stable franchise. So not here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Lap said that there's been talks within the organization about next season with Marvin still here with Hue and Vance as his coordinators. At that point, 50/50 shot and who's viewed as the successor.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 08:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap said that there's been talks within the organization about next season with Marvin still here with Hue and Vance as his coordinators. At that point, 50/50 shot and who's viewed as the successor.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: Already swept by the browns and took over for them in last place.

Yeah , with a pre season line up. Lets not get it twisted. We have kicked the shit out of the Browns the whole time Marvin has been the coach. 

They beat us in an injury riddled season and they are at .500 right now not going to the playoffs , or winning the Super Bowl.  This team is better than the Browns we we are healthy, we just need a coaching staff that knows how to keep up with the times and actually design plays to the strengths of the players.
Reply/Quote
Oh nos we got Marvin and Hue together.

We're the new Browns. We'll never win another game. Hue can't beat anyone.

This I can understand from an idiot Browns fan or someone not familiar with the history here.

Those two together not only swept the Stains they demolished them.

31-10
37-3

One of the best offensive showings of any Bengals team. With the QB that everyone around these parts think stinks.

I understand people wanting these guys gone because it's past getting stale with Marvin.

Just don't act like ignorant fools and drama queens about it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 09:25 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah , with a pre season line up. Lets not get it twisted. We have kicked the shit out of the Browns the whole time Marvin has been the coach.

They beat us in an injury riddled season and they are at .500 right now not going to the playoffs , or winning the Super Bowl.  This team is better than the Browns we we are healthy, we just need a coaching staff that knows how to keep up with the times and actually design plays to the strengths of the players.

You might want to go back and look at the record a little closer. ML has split with several really, really bad Browns teams thru the years. Only recently have we dominated them, but so has the rest of the NFL. Marvin has done nothing special against them.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You might want to go back and look at the record a little closer. ML has split with several really, really bad Browns teams thru the years. Only recently have we dominated them, but so has the rest of the NFL. Marvin has done nothing special against them.

Since the 2.0 game, we have flat out owned them.  Beat them 7 in a row.  And never once did any Bengal do victory laps over it.

Even Shannon Sharpe says Mayfield needs to grow up. But even before he said that, he said he cannot remember a great QB ever acting like that shithead.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 08:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap said that there's been talks within the organization about next season with Marvin still here with Hue and Vance as his coordinators. At that point, 50/50 shot and who's viewed as the successor.

Sounds about right...extremely lazy, complacent and predictable.  Sick

Honestly, if that is how things pan out...Mike, Katie and the crew would once again demonstrate how little effort they're willing to put forth and how unmotivated they are to make changes in an attempt to improve this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 02:14 PM)McC Wrote: Since the 2.0 game, we have flat out owned them.  Beat them 7 in a row.  And never once did any Bengal do victory laps over it.

Even Shannon Sharpe says Mayfield needs to grow up. But even before he said that, he said he cannot remember a great QB ever acting like that shithead.

Philip Rivers used to carry on like an ass.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 08:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He coaches in Oakland and Cleveland not the two most ideal places in the world. I would like to see him in a stable franchise. So not here.

This is the most stable franchise outside of maybe New England. Seriously. If a coach is moderately competent,he won't find a more patient and consistent front office.

Im not saying efficient or exemplary, but consistent. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Philip Rivers used to carry on like an ass.

I've never seen Rivers do the things the current Browns are doing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:52 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I've never seen Rivers do the things the current Browns are doing.

I have. Rivers definitely has a lot of cockiness/attitude. Always has. Plus I think he has a very punchable face, and has 9 kids, which should be illegal lol

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have. Rivers definitely has a lot of cockiness/attitude. Always has. Plus I think he has a very punchable face, and has 9 kids, which should be illegal lol

LOL....yes, he was arrogant early on....but I don't recall him trolling team's benches and the like.  I have seen him in the faces of players on the field, and being rather vocal though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote