Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could, who would you bring in as head coach?
Tiger I'd do what I expect the Bengals to do. Make Vance Joseph the HC, and let him hire his own staff.

New life with a younger perspective...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 02:51 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I'd do what I expect the Bengals to do. Make Vance Joseph the HC, and let him hire his own staff.

I would like this as well and i think we might be leaning that way. This makes me feel a little better
about the Marv extension cause i think it means that Marv doesn't want to coach forever. I think next
year will be his last year as a HC in the NFL. He may become a GM for us afterwards which i would
really like. Marv is extremely good at putting a team together, it is his coaching that leaves things to be
desired.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 02:51 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I'd do what I expect the Bengals to do. Make Vance Joseph the HC, and let him hire his own staff.

(06-12-2015, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would like this as well and i think we might be leaning that way. This makes me feel a little better
about the Marv extension cause i think it means that Marv doesn't want to coach forever. I think next
year will be his last year as a HC in the NFL. He may become a GM for us afterwards which i would
really like. Marv is extremely good at putting a team together, it is his coaching that leaves things to be
desired.

Rock On

Yeah, but unfortunately, they aren't gonna let anyone pick their own staff......Piano Man, Zampese, they're lifers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 04:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, but unfortunately, they aren't gonna let anyone pick their own staff......Piano Man, Zampese, they're lifers.

You are probably right. Cry
Reply/Quote
I have no wish to replace Marvin right now. However, if we were to win a Super Bowl and Marvin retires on top, then how about Brian Billick? I do not want any college coaches.
Reply/Quote
If I had a choice for a coach it would actually come down to three. First would be Jon Gruden, second would be Bill Cowher, and last but definitely not least would be Mike Zimmer. The thing that these three have in common is that they are fiery and they do not take any crap from players . That is what we are lacking from Marvin. He has no fire at all that I can see. He never gets the team prepared for the second season. Don't get me wrong Lewis has changed the complexion of this team into a winning team but it is like he is more focused on winning in the regular season and not getting any further. If he doesn't get it done this year I really think we need to look elsewhere. Who Dey!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I would pick Bruce Arians. I think that he's one of the best coaches in the NFL, and his type of coaching would work great with our current team. I think if we had him we would win multiple Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote