Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you said this game was over…
Game days are always too much like Pavlov and his dogs.. Ring the bell and everyone salivates..Press the buzzer and everyone becomes dog eat dog. Every positive play and we're on the way to the championship. Every negative play and we're goin straight to H E double dirty Q-tips..  Enjoy the ride for a change..You never know when you're gonna get kicked out and have to hitch hike home.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-18-2022, 09:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Then you clearly haven’t been paying attention the last two seasons. Come on, if you can’t believe in this team now you should just give up because watching sports is not for you.

Lol that was so unexpected...  The whole game
(12-19-2022, 12:15 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lots of fan gatekeepers today. We are all glad they won, but there was nothing “Karen” like about talking about how bad they were playing. It was easily their worst half of football all year. The offense had 38 yards prior to the last drive of the first half, and the defense didn’t get one stop all first half against a bad offense, Brady, or not.

Yes they turned it on and blew the doors off them in the second half, but it’s not like that completely erased how poorly they started the game. We are all reacting in real time, and we feel this is a place where we can let things off our chest. That doesn’t make them less of a fan. Like I said, being a (fan)atic comes with emotions, and negative emotions are allowed.

We don’t need gatekeeping.

The same way that we don't need people apologizing for the "Melt-down Mary's" of the world?  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-19-2022, 01:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I was a Romo fan before this game as well, he was pathetic today.

Agreed with this point of view. Very little insightful analysis of what Tampa Bay was doing in the 1st half defensively, just how great Tom Brady was offensively. And then when CTB went down and they went to an injury time out, the announcers came back and never said a word about the injury. And the announcers were so wrong on the interception. Just kept saying the ball clearly hit the ground, when it never hit the ground. And doubling and tripling up on their mistake by showing surprise Brady was walking off the field, the Bengals were taking the field.

Overall, Romo was very annoying yesterday.
(12-19-2022, 10:20 AM)Nepa Wrote: Agreed with this point of view. Very little insightful analysis of what Tampa Bay was doing in the 1st half defensively, just how great Tom Brady was offensively. And then when CTB went down and they went to an injury time out, the announcers came back and never said a word about the injury. And the announcers were so wrong on the interception. Just kept saying the ball clearly hit the ground, when it never hit the ground. And doubling and tripling up on their mistake by showing surprise Brady was walking off the field, the Bengals were taking the field.

Overall, Romo was very annoying yesterday.

Yeah, I've always like getting Romo and Nance. They sucked yesterday.
(12-19-2022, 10:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I've always like getting Romo and Nance. They sucked yesterday.

I thought their analyst of the Bucs Offensive woes this year was pretty good..

As game callers yeah they lacked.
(12-18-2022, 09:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Then you belong in the Game Day Thread and not the discord chat, according to Phil Hos.

False. Plenty of discussion of the poor play in the Discord chat. But, not a single soul claimed the game was over. It was nice. 

But, it IS comforting to know that if my wife and I ever go through a separation or worse, I already have a living space, rent-free inside that head of yours. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-19-2022, 06:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Ummmm....wow.
What an unproductive and sad thread.

*looks in mirror*

Gaahhhh !
I've criticized the criticizers !

Ninja[Image: giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7kvb3syqqtta1yvobjw...y.gif&ct=g]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

They don't even get it fuels us more is the funny part lol...
Some people need to realize the NFL is HARD. The other team is never going to make it easy on you, and yesterday Tampa came out with a completely new look on offense and caught the Bengals off guard. On Defense they were very physical with our WRs early on. They then made adjustments on defense, and I believe Chase got in the refs ear a bit about them holding every play, because they then started calling holds on them and magically, we started getting more separation.

I get being down because we looked poor, but you should at least try and not have a meltdown until the 4th hits 0:00.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

(12-18-2022, 09:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really? So in the discord you can only praise the good but are not allowed to mention the miscues?

No. We complained about the miscues. Just didn't give up on the team or call them trash.
(12-19-2022, 12:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Oh my .... here's the skinny: some folks like to knee jerk react and get their frustrations out, others like to chill and see how it all plays out. Each gets on the other's nerves. Neither is better than the other. That's why there's two forums to discuss the game live. Nothing more, nothing less. It ain't about who's better, etc. It's good moderating....at least for me.

They say they won't come to the gameday thread, but they can't help themselves.. They always gotta come in and get their shot in. I never even once tried to enter their little love fest in the discord.. Who's worst?
(12-19-2022, 12:15 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lots of fan gatekeepers today. We are all glad they won, but there was nothing “Karen” like about talking about how bad they were playing. It was easily their worst half of football all year. The offense had 38 yards prior to the last drive of the first half, and the defense didn’t get one stop all first half against a bad offense, Brady, or not.

Yes they turned it on and blew the doors off them in the second half, but it’s not like that completely erased how poorly they started the game. We are all reacting in real time, and we feel this is a place where we can let things off our chest. That doesn’t make them less of a fan. Like I said, being a (fan)atic comes with emotions, and negative emotions are allowed.

We don’t need gatekeeping.

Bro they been doing it for years.. It's fun to most of us at this point...
(12-19-2022, 10:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I've always like getting Romo and Nance. They sucked yesterday.

Yep

I believe it was right as they scored the garbage time TD ? Romo made a comment like "Brady played a good game today" I'll have to go back and watch to be sure but it was along those lines.

I was like WTF  Shocked well except for the 2 qtrs. of no offense and 4 turnovers. Come on Tony
(12-19-2022, 10:30 AM)Tony Wrote: They say they won't come to the gameday thread, but they can't help themselves.. They always gotta come in and get their shot in. I never even once tried to enter their little love fest in the discord.. Who's worst?

The Karens who ruin GD then whine on Monday about being called out over it. The Karens make it sooooo miserable they actually had to establish a different forum for actual supporters of the team to discuss the game. And saying the whiners in GD are supporters of the team, supporting them only when they are winning is not supporting them.
(12-19-2022, 10:30 AM)Tony Wrote: They say they won't come to the gameday thread, but they can't help themselves.. They always gotta come in and get their shot in. I never even once tried to enter their little love fest in the discord.. Who's worst?

I agree with you that those who complain about the GameDay thread should just refrain from posting in it entirely and not come in at any point in time to stir the pot, talk shit, or in any way criticize the doom-and-gloomers. 
(12-19-2022, 12:59 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why do you keep saying this?  I didnt see anyone saying anything about not being a fan?  Some were stupid, beyond basic criticism. Sure be a fanatic but, but go overboard and it might be called out. 

You guys call us out every week though.. Isn't it obvious we don't give af at this point? It's a bout time to let it go.. This is why there is a discord.... Everyone is built different. Idgaf how positive you guys are.. We don't sit here and make threads about you. It's beyond ridiculous. 
(12-19-2022, 07:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh my gosh, people over reacting because the Bengals were playing terrible to start the game. What in the world will we ever do? Did it hurt your feelings that people were blowing off steam? Did they attack you personally?

I’m going to find it hard to believe that you’ve never had a negative over the top reaction when you shouldn’t have. Yeah it can get annoying, but unless they act like that Higgy character attacking other fans and being belligerent, then let them blow off steam and move on. You’re not the gatekeeper to peoples emotions during a game.

You get it... Most of us were probably drinking by 1 o'clock.  So what, we get a little emotional... If they think they are better fans, Who cares? I've been a Bengals fan since 88.. I ain't competing with them..
(12-19-2022, 10:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Karens who ruin GD then whine on Monday about being called out over it. The Karens make it sooooo miserable they actually had to establish a different forum for actual supporters of the team to discuss the game. And saying the whiners in GD are supporters of the team, supporting them only when they are winning is not supporting them.

So when you’re upset at your child, and you lecture them, does mean you don’t support them? Is supporting simply being rainbows and sunshine all the time? Is it not okay to voice any sort of frustration? If anything you all are mimicking the Karen’s because you’re mad that people aren’t acting the way YOU think they should act. There is absolutely no difference in the way you’re acting right now than the ones your mocking in the GD forum. Honestly worse than some as you’re insulting your fellow posters, whereas most of them are just saying irrational overreactions based on emotions of the game.
(12-19-2022, 06:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Ummmm....wow.
What an unproductive and sad thread.

*looks in mirror*

Gaahhhh !
I've criticized the criticizers !

Ninja[Image: giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7kvb3syqqtta1yvobjw...y.gif&ct=g]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

So you want to criticize those who criticize the criticizers? Well who do you think you are? I criticize you for criticizing me for criticizing the criticizers Ninja
(12-19-2022, 10:44 AM)Tony Wrote: You get it... Most of us were probably drinking by 1 o'clock.  So what, we get a little emotional... If they think they are better fans, Who cares? I've been a Bengals fan since 88.. I ain't competing with them..

Yeah, there are some who take it too far, when it crosses over into insulting and attacking other fans or being incredibly belligerent, but if someone believes they haven’t had any emotional overreaction in real time, they are just lieing to themselves. Now not everyone does react the same way, but I feel if it’s within the rules of the board, why create threads bashing them.

It’s to make themselves feel superior as fans. I generally stay positive and don’t often post “doom and gloom” but I’m not going to criticize someone for venting.