Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illegal Mexican murders 5 in killing spree
(03-10-2016, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I hate to sound like SN, but I bet a higher percentage of Christians would agree that it is okay to kill in order to defend Christianity.

[Image: 3UkCXiD.jpg]

Even if that were true, the article you quoted was about Muslims believing it was OK to kill IN THE NAME OF Islam, not merely to defend it.

Nice try.
(03-10-2016, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I hate to sound like SN, but I bet a higher percentage of Christians would agree that it is okay to kill in order to defend Christianity.

I find that hard to believe.  Maybe in the Middle Ages.  Now, if you said kill to defend a Christian, maybe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(03-10-2016, 08:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Make it mandatory to become a USC that you must be able to read/write/speak English.

All Trojans have to speak English? Ninja

[Image: flgbspt1000013376_-00_usc-trojans-mini-g...-gfusc.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-11-2016, 01:28 AM)McC Wrote: I find that hard to believe.  Maybe in the Middle Ages.  Now, if you said kill to defend a Christian, maybe.

But you could argue that it would be OK to kill in order DEFEND any religion. By defend I mean against any government or group that wants to shut it down, destroy it, or feed you to lions for practicing it.  which isn't likely to happen here anyway.

But simply defending their religion wasn't what the Muzzies in that article were implying. They felt it was OK to kill in the name of Islam, which is entirely different. Killing in the name of Islam is what ISIS does, and its a shame that this still has to be explained to these liberals like fred.
(03-10-2016, 08:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: IIRC, it's poorly calculated statistical information based upon people in a number of countries that feel any sympathy towards the jihadist/anti-Zionist cause.

(03-10-2016, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a cooked up number from a propaganda video.

They used all sorts of vague definitions of "extremist" including anyone who supported sharia law in a Muslim country.  Or anyone who had negative opinions of the United States.

You know, I have had this conversation about how people are easily labeled white supremacist and Nazis.  How just simply questioning things can get you thrown into the "denier" portion of the pool.

I find comments like these amusing.  Since it is basically the same thing. 

I also like how the statistics are poor, it reminded me of another conversation that I had.  

(03-10-2016, 10:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on this definition every Christian who opposes same sex marriage and/or abortion is an extremist.

There are people that do think every Christian who oppose same sex marriage and/or abortion is an extremist.

OK.  I am a little confused here... would like some clarification.  Are you saying that you hate to "sound like me" because you are "betting a higher percentage" or is is because you think I think Christians would agree that it is ok to kill in order to defend Christianity?
(03-11-2016, 01:21 AM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: 3UkCXiD.jpg]

Even if that were true, the article you quoted was about Muslims believing it was OK to kill IN THE NAME OF Islam, not merely to defend it.

Nice try.

The questions mean exactly the same thing.

Killing to defend Christianity is killing in the name of Christianity.
(03-11-2016, 06:33 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: There are people that do think every Christian who oppose same sex marriage and/or abortion is an extremist.

And I think that is wrong

How about you?
(03-11-2016, 10:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And I think that is wrong

How about you?

I do too.  See we can agree.   ThumbsUp
(03-11-2016, 01:36 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: All Trojans have to speak English? Ninja

Now it makes sense why Arizona is home to the lilly-white Carson Palmer and Mark Sanchez can't step foot in that state without being deported!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-14-2016, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Now it makes sense why Arizona is home to the lilly-white Carson Palmer and Mark Sanchez can't step foot in that state without being deported!

They like Carson out here because, since Kurt Warner retired, they had forgotten what a quarterback was. It doesn't even matter to them that he is a whiny, mediocre QB. Compared to what they had become used to out here, he is like Tom Brady.

It's funny hearing the media jocks make excuses for him when he goes on a tantrum or blows games (like the NFC championship). Hilarious

These are the same guys who bad-mouthed him during his USC and Bengal years.
SMH....the Cards and their affinity for sloppy thirds on Bengals QBs.
Ninja
Carson Palmer, the Tom Brady of the west.

LOL
(03-14-2016, 01:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: They like Carson out here because, since Kurt Warner retired, they had forgotten what a quarterback was. It doesn't even matter to them that he is a whiny, mediocre QB. Compared to what they had become used to out here, he is like Tom Brady.

It's funny hearing the media jocks make excuses for him when he goes on a tantrum or blows games (like the NFC championship). Hilarious

These are the same guys who bad-mouthed him during his USC and Bengal years.

Ida know, the Cardinals got a near MVP QB for a 6th round pick.  I can see why they'd be pretty happy following the Kolb/Skelton/Hall/Anderson(?)/Lienart days.  Melting down in the NFC Championship game isn't awesome, but people "knew" Carson was never going to top a passer rating of 85 or win more than 4-7 games per season as a starting QB ever again, too.
(03-14-2016, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, the Cardinals got a near MVP QB for a 6th round pick.  I can see why they'd be pretty happy following the Kolb/Skelton/Hall/Anderson(?)/Lienart days.  Melting down in the NFC Championship game isn't awesome, but people "knew" Carson was never going to top a passer rating of 85 or win more than 4-7 games per season as a starting QB ever again, too.

Meh. He is surrounded by talent. I'm not saying he is bad, just mediocre.

But then again, I'm still festering over his comments about the Bengals last year. Paraphrasing: "I was so upset that they wouldn't let me make the front office decisions for the team, that I had to throw a hissy fit and quit on them!"
(03-14-2016, 02:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Meh. He is surrounded by talent. I'm not saying he is bad, just mediocre.

But then again, I'm still festering over his comments about the Bengals last year. Paraphrasing: "I was so upset that they wouldn't let me make the front office decisions for the team, that I had to throw a hissy fit and quit on them!"

LOL Like their track record up to that point had been good...
(03-14-2016, 02:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Meh. He is surrounded by talent. I'm not saying he is bad, just mediocre.

Meh, we can agree to disagree on this one.  If Palmer is mediocre he was just playing well above his level last season.  Same with Dalton.  Both guys can be putting up top 5 numbers and all people want to talk about is what a shame it is Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, and Peyton Manning aren't in those spots.

Dalton has AJ and Eifert, Carson has Larry Fitzgerald so I guess they're both just Brian Hoyer clones until further notice, or something.

As for Carson's gripes with Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and Bob Bratkowski....well, I certainly can't say I wouldn't tell those 3 to kick rocks if someone offered me millions to do take a different job. So it goes. I'm just glad Mikey didn't get his wish to replace Carson with Ryan Mallett...seriously, we came THIS close to disaster.
Hey! Take your football talk somewhere else! Whatever
(03-14-2016, 05:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hey! Take your football talk somewhere else!  Whatever

Ah you're right...where ARE my manners!

Get them damn Mexicans OUTTA HERE and build a HUGE WALL to keep 'em OWT!!!  Wait, 17 of them are fixing my roof for a single footlong sub...can we wait until they are done and THEN deport them and build that WALL?  They're probably murderers, but let them finish.