Ima say this and it is what it is
Carman's back at practice today, FWIW.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Carman's back at practice today, FWIW.

He should not be practicing.

Not admirable.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if the offensive line was ready to line up Friday. They were completely physically dominated by the Cardinals. Of all the 5 starters on Friday Trey Hill played the best.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He should not be practicing.

Not admirable.

Doing what the team says is admirable.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So no player is ever really injured enough to miss practice.

Any injury can be cured simply with BenGay and ibuprofen?

No injury can be made worse by practicing before it is healed?

I said nothing that even remotely resembled those comments you mention. But, as I stated earlier, in the context of OM if he's a little banged up and can practice but chooses not too or tells the staff he is unable when he isn't? Again I say F Him! 

Somebody's gonna take the heat if the OL comes out limp again this year and I'll be on the bandwagon of blaming Pollack if it happens. If they come out better? I'll be pleased and will hold judgement to individual players.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Show me the ACTUAL physical evidence that Carman is healthy enough to practice but is just choosing not to because he is a lazy POS.

Weird.

The first and only person to use Lazy POS in this thread is you and then you try to "prove your point" by asserting others are calling him a Lazy POS. I have seen folks say they question the desire, toughness, or fire and IMO that's warranted, given past issues with weight management.

That doesn't make him a Lazy POS, I often reminded of what Hugh Douglas said about Winston Justice (another early 2nd RD PK):

"If they don't bite when they're puppies, they're not going to bite when they're grown dogs,'' .
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doing what the team says is admirable.

Elbow injuries are like brain injuries. He shouldn’t be practicing

Carman needs to look out for himself
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doing what the team says is admirable.

Even if they say they're moving you down the depth chart? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Show me the ACTUAL physical evidence that Carman is healthy enough to practice but is just choosing not to because he is a lazy POS.

Weird.

I am not talking about his health. I am talking about his play on the field. The tape. The tape doesn't lie. 

He has been bad his entire career so far. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not sure why everyone is upset Volson gets reps with the 1st string. Just like Dax is getting reps with the 1st sting.

If Carman let's Volson get reps and loses his job it can only help us by having a better player in the starting line-up.

If Volson stinks it up then we know we need a free agent to bring in. Volson getting a lot of snaps with the first team is good for the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 01:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People still falling for Fred’s lawyer schtick

Maybe, just maybe,some of his schtick is really just common sense than blissful blabbering by a bunch of grown men where probably 90% don't really even understand OL play and also that this was game 1 in preseason and that there's an extraordinary amount of chemistry and cohesiveness required for good OL play?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am not talking about his health. I am talking about his play on the field. The tape. The tape doesn't lie. 

He has been bad his entire career so far. 

And I am not talking about his play.  I am talking about people accusing him of choosing not to practice because he doesn't care.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 12:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Are you not anyone else? Or are you in a professional sports organization?

No, I'm also part of "anyone else" but I've also had four really good friends that have played in the NFL (a couple for over a decade now)
who have filled me in on the many many questions I've had over beers regarding what just goes on in the NFL, including preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Not sure why everyone is upset Volson gets reps with the 1st string. Just like Dax is getting reps with the 1st sting.

If Carman let's Volson get reps and loses his job it can only help us by having a better player in the starting line-up.

If Volson stinks it up then we know we need a free agent to bring in. Volson getting a lot of snaps with the first team is good for the team.

Agree.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:45 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Maybe, just maybe,some of his schtick is really just common sense than blissful blabbering by a bunch of grown men where probably 90% don't really even understand OL play and also that this was game 1 in preseason and that there's an extraordinary amount of chemistry and cohesiveness required for good OL play?

It’s literally a lawyer schtick. I have 2 lawyer friends who will defend unpopular opinions because it’s practice.

And I never said Fred was wrong, but it’s clear he likes to use this place to brush up on his lawyering
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:50 PM)higgy100 Wrote: No, I'm also part of "anyone else" but I've also had four really good friends that have played in the NFL (a couple for over a decade now)
who have filled me in on the many many questions I've had over beers regarding what just goes on in the NFL, including preseason.

I never had a "good friend" in the NFL, but I have played with 3 guys who made it to the NFL and known a couple of more through friends when I was at UT.

A lot of fans think NFL players are pampered and just get by on their elite athletic ability.  That is the way they saw it work in high school.  But by the time you get to the NFL 99% of the guys are there because they outworked someone else with the same athletic ability.  There are not a lot of lazy bums trying to get out of practice.  In fact they guys who make it to the NFL are generally so hyper-competitive that they will play with an injury when they actually should not.  They love the game and hate to sit on the sidelines.

Every year I could scour all the numbers from the pro-day workout across the country and find dozens of guys running in the 4.3-4.4 range that will never see an NFL game.  Almost none of the top ten fastest players in combine history became stars in the NFL. And if you go to a strongman gym in any big city you will find a lot of guys who can outlift NFL players.  There are very few players in the NFL who get by just on athletic talent alone.  The guys who don't work get weeded out pretty quickly.
Reply/Quote
His play Friday was atrocious. I wanted to see some improvement out of especially him and there was none. Yet another second round pick taken too early. While other talent is on the board, we take a guy with back issues, work ethic issues, and probably a round (or two) too early. We seem to draft well everywhere else except offensive line. Jonah fell into our laps, and aside from him we haven’t drafted well on the offensive line since we took Boling all those years ago. At this rate, we’d better hope they continue to draft well at other positions because BUYING an offensive line every 2-4 years is gonna get expensive!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 03:16 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: His play Friday was atrocious. I wanted to see some improvement out of especially him and there was none. Yet another second round pick taken too early. While other talent is on the board, we take a guy with back issues, work ethic issues, and probably a round (or two) too early. We seem to draft well everywhere else except offensive line. Jonah fell into our laps, and aside from him we haven’t drafted well on the offensive line since we took Boling all those years ago. At this rate, we’d better hope they continue to draft well at other positions because BUYING an offensive line every 2-4 years is gonna get expensive!

We could not draft D-linemen until we selected Hubbard.

We could not draft LBs until we selected Logan Wilson.
Reply/Quote
Someone else said it:
Carman = Charmin.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for proving my point.

Every star player that misses practice time is justified.

But if a player that is struggling with his game misses practice it is because he is a lazy POS who just does not care.

That doesn’t prove your point at all. Star players have already put in the time and effort and excelled. Or else they wouldn’t be star players.

JC is far from a star player. He’s not even an average starter yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote