Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ima say this and it is what it is
Carmen’s out one practice and now he’s a malingering wash out?
He’s a second round pick with a bad first preseason game, he’s going nowhere.
Volson looks the part, seems to play with intensity and purpose.
Seems ideal to bring out the best in both.

No way they bring in a free agent to mess with this competition, at least now.

Training camp is so constricted now, so little contact. These preseason games are needed for training purposes more than it used to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is back in practice today so obviously it was not too serious.

Believe the coaches wanted to get a better look at Volson against starters who played well against the back ups Friday so they had Carman sit out.

For those saying this is per being lazy, I highly doubt he was not begging to practice knowing Volson outshined him Friday.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: For those saying this is per being lazy, I highly doubt he was not begging to practice knowing Volson outshined him Friday.

I think Carman’s cool where he’s at. Living in his hometown, making millions.

Why should he have to put in extra work? Guy’s living the life
Reply/Quote
Spain got dominated in the playoffs against good defenses and is not the answer at LG. Having said that, Spain would have never been pushed around by second and third string players like Carman was in pass protection. Volson looked better than Carman but still was not that good either.

The Bengals need to sign a LG or sign a center and move Karras to LG. Personally, I would still sign Tretter even with his gimpy knee and move Karras to LG.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals aren't moving Karras to guard. Can you all stop saying that?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:24 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Spain got dominated in the playoffs against good defenses and is not the answer at LG.

His final pff grade was similar to Cappas. Not to mention Spain was playing injured in the playoffs, and gets beat by elite d-tackles like the ones Tennessee and LA have. Spain isn’t an all pro, but he’s good.

But I guess good isn’t good enough for you? Bengals can just find Quentin Nelson’s clone off the street?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: His final pff grade was similar to Cappas. Not to mention Spain was playing injured in the playoffs, and gets beat by elite d-tackles like the ones Tennessee and LA have. Spain isn’t an all pro, but he’s good.

But I guess good isn’t good enough for you? Bengals can just find Quentin Nelson’s clone off the street?

No its not good enough for me nor should it be for any Bengals fan.   The Bengals lost the Super Bowl because of the very poor Oline play and Spain was a large part of that problem with his 20 something Super Bowl PFF and his 46 PFF for the entire playoffs.   Do you want this same performance from the LG position for the next playoffs?  because I guarantee you the Bengals will face elite defenses again.  Do you want to see a repeat performance by Spain?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:01 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No its not good enough for me nor should it be for any Bengals fan.   The Bengals lost the Super Bowl because of the very poor Oline play and Spain was a large part of that problem with his 20 something Super Bowl PFF and his 46 PFF for the entire playoffs.   Do you want this same performance from the LG position for the next playoffs?  because I guarantee you the Bengals will face elite defenses again.  Do you want to see a repeat performance by Spain?

So who do we have on this team that you think could open the season at LG and be better than Spain? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So who do we have on this team that you think could open the season at LG and be better than Spain? 

I'm not against bringing in a vet, but Spain dug his own grave with his Twitter BS after the SB.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:35 AM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not against bringing in a vet, but Spain dug his own grave with his Twitter BS after the SB.  

Spain started the twitter battle after the Tenn game; which was stupid; but after the Superbowl he was contrite on twitter and admitted he got beat.

Reply/Quote
I’m not sure I buy Twitter drama factoring in on not bringing Spain back. The team had no problem returning Eli Apple.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think Carman’s cool where he’s at. Living in his hometown, making millions.

Why should he have to put in extra work? Guy’s living the life

Because he will not be around long if not.

Think he wants it but not sure if he is good enough just yet, but we will soon see though.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:01 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote:   Do you want to see a repeat performance by Spain?

Spain was playing injured in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:35 AM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not against bringing in a vet, but Spain dug his own grave with his Twitter BS after the SB.  

Spain never said anything wrong on Twitter after the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Spain started the twitter battle after the Tenn game; which was stupid; but after the Superbowl he was contrite on twitter and admitted he got beat.

From what I remember, he got into a Twitter battle with Simmons after the SB. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: From what I remember, he got into a Twitter battle with Simmons after the SB. 

He did, but it wasn't anything egregious. 

Link
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: From what I remember, he got into a Twitter battle with Simmons after the SB. 

Pretty sure he talked shit to Simmons after the Tenn game and then after the Superbowl Simmoms (rightly) called him out. Spain admitted he messed up

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:03 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Carmen’s out one practice and now he’s a malingering wash out?
He’s a second round pick with a bad first preseason game, he’s going nowhere.
Volson looks the part, seems to play with intensity and purpose.
Seems ideal to bring out the best in both.

No way they bring in a free agent to mess with this competition, at least now.

Training camp is so constricted now, so little contact. These preseason games are needed for training purposes more than it used to be.

I'm not ready to give up on Carman yet either, but it definitely put a bad taste in many fans' mouths that he performed poorly against backup-level players. And that being after a season where "Roller Skates" Adeniji was played ahead of him.

I believe this - he's not getting a starting job ever in Cincy if he loses this LG competition.
Karras and Collins are signed through 2024, which is Carman's last year under his rookie contract.
Cappa is signed through 2025.
Carman doesn't have the reach to play OT in the NFL. He has only 32.5" arm length. That's almost Billy Price length (32"). And Carman doesn't have quite enough athleticism to make up for it at OT either. So he's not really an option if Jonah Williams isn't re-signed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

He threw the rest of the OL under the bus after the Super Bowl. He said something like "don't blame me, wasn't my fault." That didn't sit well with me. He deleted the tweet shortly after. 

That being said, I am not sure its enough to warrant not bringing him back. I dont know how the rest of the team views Spain, though. He could be a punchline and very disliked throughout the locker room for all we know.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He threw the rest of the OL under the bus after the Super Bowl. He said something like "don't blame me, wasn't my fault." That didn't sit well with me. He deleted the tweet shortly after. 

That being said, I am not sure its enough to warrant not bringing him back. I dont know how the rest of the team views Spain, though. He could be a punchline and very disliked throughout the locker room for all we know.

None of the OL from last year have any room to talk though
Reply/Quote