Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
(04-30-2021, 11:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure about that.. were you happy with the play they decided in FA ? signing Rieff to one year contract and no other Oline.. after passing in 1st round not sure if they are actually committed to a changing of the guard on the Line

I think they are committed to improving the o-line. Two factors to consider here. 
1.) Chase is a true generational talent and will change the nature of a game all by himself. No one I can think of has criticized the Bengals for taking him first (at least no one with a credible opinion). Chase is much more impactful at his position than Sewell.
2.) This draft is a "tale of two cities", so to speak. It's not very deep overall, especially past the first round. But it's incredibly deep with regard to offensive linemen. Sewell is a good one, but there are several others who are within spitting distance of him. One or two of which should be available in the second round. Jenkins, if the Bengals can land him, will make this a much better draft for them than if they'd picked Sewell first. Guaranteed. 
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
Give us Jenkins and one or 2 of the top G prospects and this could be an A+ draft. Still plenty of time. Hope he falls to us.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:36 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Okay Reiff is an upgrade over Hart i'll give you.  

However, to say that Jonah is improving and has the potential to become an elite LT is reaching a little bit. 

Jonah's first thing he should be doing is trying to stay on the field.  

Dude has played 10 out of 32 games in 2 season.  That doesnt say durable to me.  That says to me he can't stay healthy and stay on the field, and when you're not on the field you're not playing.  

We'll see if the kid can put it together this year and stay on the field or only play half a season again. 
Reiff isn't just an upgrade over Hart. He's a game-changing upgrade over Hart.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:21 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Reiff is a significant upgrade over Hart. Jonah is improving has potential of becoming an elite LT. Spain was better than any other G we have had since Boling. XSF was hurt so he is a ?. Hopkins has been above average. The line isn't as dire as some make it out to be.  Nobody has good depth this season no line can afford 1 to 2 injuries their is a significant drop among backups all across the league. We need depth at a few spots guess what, So does the rest of the league

we can spin it anyway we want.. but all those players that were not a terrible Oline are set to maybe start on opening day and two might not because of injuries which means more backups playing..

WE need to draft Oline now big time. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:49 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Reiff isn't just an upgrade over Hart. He's a game-changing upgrade over Hart.
GO STRIPES!!!

As a pass blocker, yes.
He's actually a worse run blocker than Hart.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jenkins is true BPA at a desperate need, I'd deal a 4th or a pick from next year's draft to get him. Would be a massive get if he falls to us.
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Hudson in the 5th or 6th. He has a nastiness to him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:57 PM)phil413 Wrote: Jenkins is true BPA at a desperate need, I'd deal a 4th or a pick from next year's draft to get him.  Would be a massive get if he falls to us.

I didnt think he would make it out of the 1st. I figured him going to the Steelers honestly. If we land him, we got ourselves a nasty blocker who could be a big help in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:21 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Reiff is a significant upgrade over Hart. Jonah is improving has potential of becoming an elite LT. Spain was better than any other G we have had since Boling. XSF was hurt so he is a ?. Hopkins has been above average. The line isn't as dire as some make it out to be.  Nobody has good depth this season no line can afford 1 to 2 injuries their is a significant drop among backups all across the league. We need depth at a few spots guess what, So does the rest of the league

I would wager to say the glass is a little more than half full with this take lol.  

Where has Jonah shown he has the potential of becoming an elite left tackle?  And potential aside, the dude has been out for more than twice the number of games he's started in.  Spain being the best guard since Boiling is more of a testament to how bad our guard play has been.  Xavier Su'a Filo is a journeyman who's injury history is on par with Williams.  And Hopkins has been average and is now coming off a torn ACL.

At the very least, there are two starters needed, if not three, and that's not including the additional depth that's needed to get several of the current backups off the roster permanently.
Reply/Quote
I think they need to take 2 oline in rds 2&3. But i also think DE is a big need this year too. I'd like them to get creative and pick up an extra 3rd rd. Whether they trade back a little in rd 2 or if thats not an option because they're might be an early run on OL and they dont't want to miss out. Then i hope they work out a trade to move back up into the 3rd/2nd. Even if they gave up a 3rd next year the depth might be there more this year than next.
Reply/Quote
Given the attempts made the past 2 season at boltsering the DT position I have to wonder if Christian Barmore from Alabama may be the pick in the 2nd. If they really feel that G is the sole weak spot on the O-line and with Tobin repeatedly referencing starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds I could easily see them going D-line here.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:38 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah the depth of the class is here.  I hope they do some soul searching and realize there isn't anything wrong with taking 3 OL and making MJ, Price, Johnson or even Adeniji having to fight for their jobs. 

Realistic depth chart

J. Williams/Cosmi
Cosmi/Spain
Hopkins/C.Green 
Su'a-Filo/Spain
Reiff/Adeniji 

That's your 8 dressed if healthy, the last one or two spots go to the late round pick or MJ, Price, Johnson, Sutherland or Prince.  
After watching MJ on the play where Burrow got hurt, I'm not sure I would want him anywhere near the playing field when #9 is in.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
CREED HUMPHREY AT 38!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:38 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah the depth of the class is here.  I hope they do some soul searching and realize there isn't anything wrong with taking 3 OL and making MJ, Price, Johnson or even Adeniji having to fight for their jobs. 

Realistic depth chart

J. Williams/Cosmi
Cosmi/Spain
Hopkins/C.Green 
Su'a-Filo/Spain
Reiff/Adeniji 

That's your 8 dressed if healthy, the last one or two spots go to the late round pick or MJ, Price, Johnson, Sutherland or Prince.  

Cosmi is jake Fisher 2.0 whyyyyyyyy when he also can’t play guard we have two good starting tackles Cosmi wouldn’t play burrow needs help now. Creed Humphrey is who they need to get
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:57 PM)phil413 Wrote: Jenkins is true BPA at a desperate need, I'd deal a 4th or a pick from next year's draft to get him.  Would be a massive get if he falls to us.

There's medical issue starting to come out which is why he's sliding Dane Brugler mentioned it's a Hip and More.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:41 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: I think they are committed to improving the o-line. Two factors to consider here. 
1.) Chase is a true generational talent and will change the nature of a game all by himself. No one I can think of has criticized the Bengals for taking him first (at least no one with a credible opinion). Chase is much more impactful at his position than Sewell.
2.) This draft is a "tale of two cities", so to speak. It's not very deep overall, especially past the first round. But it's incredibly deep with regard to offensive linemen. Sewell is a good one, but there are several others who are within spitting distance of him. One or two of which should be available in the second round. Jenkins, if the Bengals can land him, will make this a much better draft for them than if they'd picked Sewell first. Guaranteed. 
GO STRIPES!!!

guess you missed the commentary with the crew on ESPN of why Sewell was the better pick than Chase and the mention of all the picks Sewell was probably the most impacting and upside with possible HOF future but this discussion is not part of my thread... we picked Chase so now the lack of addressing the Oline in FA and 1st round pick of Chase makes it even more important to address it in 2/3.. especially as you head later in picks still higher probability it could be a bad pick
Reply/Quote
Hoping for Jenkins in the 2nd, and defensive pick in the 3rd and then another offensive line pick later in the draft.

Protecting Burrow is important and we are in a division with a ton of pass rush to protect against, but changing the oline coach should help make a difference, and sometimes if you make too dramatic a change all at once you can make the line's chemistry even worse. 1 draft pick from the first 3 rounds and 1 quality FA will improve the line this year without throwing it into total disarray.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After the below average job of addressing our Oline in FA and passing on the top lineman in the draft with with 1st pick, I believe it is imperative we draft Oline 2/3 round this draft.  Right now we are looking at having 4 starters from one of the worst lines in the NFL on opening day and a injury or two away from weak backups...

This draft is stacked with OL Essex, it will be taken care of. Believe it, and Reiff is above average BTW.

I want OL at 38 could go in the other trenches in the 3rd and an OL in the 4th. This draft is THAT deep at OL.
Reply/Quote
I think its Essential that the Bengals need to trade up in the second round,if necessary,to get the very best lineman that is on the board at this time.I think there were about five O-lineman taken in the first round.There are still some very good Offensive tackles Offensive guards left.Most talented might be Carmi.But they need starter material,and if that means trade up to get him,then do it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This draft is stacked with OL Essex, it will be taken care of. Believe it, and Reiff is above average BTW.

I want OL at 38 could go in the other trenches in the 3rd and an OL in the 4th. This draft is THAT deep at OL.

Bruh I’m prayyyyyyyying for creed
Reply/Quote