Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
(04-30-2021, 03:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My wish list:

1.  Creed Humphrey at 38
2.  Trey Smith at 69.

Don't forget that Hopkins is coming off an ACL.  It's not a given that he's 100% to start the year.  I think C is a huge need as well,

Would love this as well. Rock On

No doubt Center is a need as always.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My wish list:

1.  Creed Humphrey at 38
2.  Trey Smith at 69.

Don't forget that Hopkins is coming off an ACL.  It's not a given that he's 100% to start the year.  I think C is a huge need as well,

I’ve had Humphrey on my radar since early January. If they take the healthiest C in tge draft you will here my happy cheer for hundreds of feet.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 04:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ve had Humphrey on my radar since early January. If they  take the healthiest C in tge draft you will here my happy cheer for hundreds of feet.

Yeah, Dickerson is damn good when healthy he just isn't healthy often. Creed is the guy I want the most if we go Center.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Wyatt Davis is both and has arms longer than alot of the "Tackles" in the draft class.

I think he played hurt late in the year and it's soured fans opinion of him.   Early on he was a high first round prediction.  I don't see him lasting long tonight. I can see us taking him and then Walker Little in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 04:24 PM)yang Wrote: I think he played hurt late in the year and it's soured fans opinion of him.   Early on he was a high first round prediction.  I don't see him lasting long tonight. I can see us taking him and then Walker Little in the 3rd.

This would be great too, so many options. Even if I am soured on OSU O-lineman lol
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would say the value of protecting your Franchise QB from injury is more important and if Bengal War Room is correct there is 1st round talent still out there in 2nd round for Oline

I agree. I'm more speaking in terms of the coaches who I think are pretty stupid. They might get distracted.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 04:24 PM)yang Wrote: I think he played hurt late in the year and it's soured fans opinion of him.   Early on he was a high first round prediction.  I don't see him lasting long tonight. I can see us taking him and then Walker Little in the 3rd.

i read he had some leg or knee issues that caused him to lose some time.  So he was playing thru some problems...   
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love this as well. Rock On

No doubt Center is a need as always.

Lol when is the last time we had a good Center?  I think it might go back about 20-30 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 05:27 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Lol when is the last time we had a good Center?  I think it might go back about 20-30 years.

Rich Braham who retired I believe in 2006.  We havent been able to find a reliable, powerful center since then. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 05:27 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Lol when is the last time we had a good Center?  I think it might go back about 20-30 years.

Hop is a good pass protector but not a good run blocker but yeah. Seems like every year I am screaming for a Center.

(04-30-2021, 05:31 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Rich Braham who retired I believe in 2006.  We havent been able to find a reliable, powerful center since then. 

Yep, I want another Braham. Creed Humphrey please...
Reply/Quote
Sorry for the type-o on Carmi,,,,I meant Cosmi.He’s projected as starter material.Just used him as an example.Of course there are several others who also would be great picks as well.
Reply/Quote
Not knocking Hopkins, as he came as a surprise at being a serviceable center after Price fell on his face (literally and figuratively), but it would be so nice to have a upper-tier center. I think I’m just as anxious (if not more) for the day two portion of the draft as I was for the first round. Let’s Go!

***edit to add: lol, just noticed the echoing of the same sentiments in the posts above ... same here! ...I value center a lot and wanted Ragnow so bad the year he was sniped, although I admittedly thought Price would at least be solid despite the reach ***
Reply/Quote

Dickerson is another in the #38th range. Plenty of OL available where Bengals pick. But I have a feeling the Bengals go different direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just give me someone without an injury history .
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 04:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ve had Humphrey on my radar since early January. If they  take the healthiest C in tge draft you will here my happy cheer for hundreds of feet.

Would love Humphrey !!!
Reply/Quote

Dickerson is another in the #38th range. Plenty of OL available where Bengals pick. But I have a feeling the Bengals go different direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:54 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Dickerson is another in the #38th range. Plenty of OL available where Bengals pick. But I have a feeling the Bengals go different direction.

Well I guess the front office decided bringing a hometown kid home was better than drafting the best player. Everyone had him going in the 3rd round. Let's hope he works out that's a HUGE reach by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:47 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Jenkins coming off the board immediately.  He ain’t making it to 38.  Even if he does we won’t take him.  Riley Reiff seems to be dead set on playing right tackle we have no center no guards am I crazy for shouting from the rooftops creed Humphrey here.  He can play anywhere ud like him to on the interior at a high level.  He’s big strong nasty he fits!  CREed Humphrey to me is a no brainer at 38

He made it to 38 alright..... but we traded back and got a guy most people were projecting to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Cheers Cheers
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:39 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He made it to 38 alright..... but we traded back and got a guy most people were projecting to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Cheers Cheers

Are those beer mugs filled with tears?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:39 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He made it to 38 alright..... but we traded back and got a guy most people were projecting to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Cheers Cheers

I just don't understand why we would draft a guy who just came out of back surgery that makes no sense.
Reply/Quote