Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
(04-30-2021, 02:30 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think its Essential  that the Bengals need to trade up in the second round,if necessary,to get the very best lineman that is on the board at this time.I think there were about five O-lineman taken in the first round.There are still some very good Offensive tackles Offensive guards left.Most talented might be Carmi.But they need starter material,and if that means trade up to get him,then do it.

We have the sixth pick of the round. Maybe two of those available would get taken ahead of us. There are several beyond 2 that are plug and play starter material.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As a pass blocker, yes.
He's actually a worse run blocker than Hart.

Well, having Chase as a formidable WR along with another threat on the other side you won't see quite as many defenders in the box which will help the run game.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:30 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think its Essential that the Bengals need to trade up in the second round,if necessary,to get the very best lineman that is on the board at this time.I think there were about five O-lineman taken in the first round.There are still some very good Offensive tackles Offensive guards left.Most talented might be Carmi.But they need starter material,and if that means trade up to get him,then do it.

Who’s Carmi? Honestly... I’m not being a dick as usual
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:38 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Who’s Carmi?  Honestly... I’m not being a dick as usual

Sam Cosmi, OL Texas
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:44 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Give us Jenkins and one or 2 of the top G prospects and this could be an A+ draft. Still plenty of time. Hope he falls to us.

Jenkins coming off the board immediately. He ain’t making it to 38. Even if he does we won’t take him. Riley Reiff seems to be dead set on playing right tackle we have no center no guards am I crazy for shouting from the rooftops creed Humphrey here. He can play anywhere ud like him to on the interior at a high level. He’s big strong nasty he fits! CREed Humphrey to me is a no brainer at 38
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sam Cosmi, OL Texas

10-4. U sure we shouldn’t go interior here? We are in a tough physical division we have two tackles that are pure pass blocker in Reiff and Williams should we get some strong maulers in the middle especially with Hopkins and the knee and price not only already a bust but he’s a FA at the end of the season and then we’ll actually no need to go into our current guards. A guy like Humphrey can play anywhere inside.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:51 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: 10-4.  U sure we shouldn’t go interior here?  We are in a tough physical division we have two tackles that are pure pass blocker in Reiff and Williams should we get some strong maulers in the middle especially with Hopkins and the knee and price not only already a bust but he’s a FA at the end of the season and then we’ll actually no need to go into our current guards.  A guy like Humphrey can play anywhere inside.

I was clarifying that Carmi was a typo...he meant Cosmi. I wasnt pimping Cosmi for the pick, although he wouldnt upset me.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:47 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Jenkins coming off the board immediately.  He ain’t making it to 38.  Even if he does we won’t take him.  Riley Reiff seems to be dead set on playing right tackle we have no center no guards am I crazy for shouting from the rooftops creed Humphrey here.  He can play anywhere ud like him to on the interior at a high level.  He’s big strong nasty he fits!  CREed Humphrey to me is a no brainer at 38
Had Humphrey declared for the 2019 draft, one could argue that he would've been the first OC off the board. He plays with very good strength and balance. At times, it looks as if he's giving very little effort, yet he manages to stalemate his defender. He threw up 25 reps as a Sr. in high school, evidencing just how strong he is. Coming from a wrestling background, his ability to win the leverage game is apparent.  That said, there are times when he plays solely from the waist up, not showing much leg drive. He'll hem his man up and finish, but won't do more than he needs. Far too often, a play is going on and he's away from it, settling. I love his upside, but hate how inconsistent he is when it comes to playing through the whistle. If one really studies his game tap agnostic of ratings and reputation, you'll see a player needing more discipline and continued coaching. 

A little write up on Humphrey....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:38 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Who’s Carmi?  Honestly... I’m not being a dick as usual

Fusion of Sam Cosmi and Jackson Carman, OBVI!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:51 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: 10-4.  U sure we shouldn’t go interior here?  We are in a tough physical division we have two tackles that are pure pass blocker in Reiff and Williams should we get some strong maulers in the middle especially with Hopkins and the knee and price not only already a bust but he’s a FA at the end of the season and then we’ll actually no need to go into our current guards.  A guy like Humphrey can play anywhere inside.

When you say "mauler," I interpret that as a brute who is going to get vertical push off the LOS in the run game.
Is that what you meant?

If so, I don't think that's going to be the style of this offense, even with Pollack added.
I think this running game is going to be about moving laterally, therefore needing uber-athletic guys.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When you say "mauler," I interpret that as a brute who is going to get vertical push off the LOS in the run game.
Is that what you meant?

If so, I don't think that's going to be the style of this offense, even with Pollack added.
I think this running game is going to be about moving laterally, therefore needing uber-athletic guys.

Wyatt Davis is both and has arms longer than alot of the "Tackles" in the draft class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:31 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bruh I’m prayyyyyyyying for creed

Me too, would probably be my favorite pick for us tonight. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Wyatt Davis is both and has arms longer than alot of the "Tackles" in the draft class.

Yep, but he's also possibly a G-only prospect.
If the Bengals are fine with that, he makes sense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep, but he's also possibly a G-only prospect.
If the Bengals are fine with that, he makes sense.

I think Pollack wants versatility from what I hear about him wanting Slater over Sewell...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well since that appears to be the plan, shouldn't be a problem.

LOL.  You don't know this team very well.  Since it is such a deep class, I could see them waiting until the 3rd round to draft one.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL.  You don't know this team very well.  Since it is such a deep class, I could see them waiting until the 3rd round to draft one.

That would piss me off.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would piss me off.

I honestly think you should be ready for it.  I'm not being an ass here, but look at all the signs.

1.  Take Chase because the draft is deep in O-line
2.  Take DT/DE/LB because he's the BPA and the draft is deep in OG and we can get one in the 3rd
3.  Take OG because that's the sweet spot.

I think if one of their guys either as a pass rushing DT or an edge is there, they go that route. because there should be depth for an OG.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:47 AM)Goalpost Wrote: O-line, sure. But they need pass rushers also.

They spent extensive time on the day 3 edge rushers. Unless the guy from Louisiana is there at 4, I wouldn’t expect a pass rusher until round 5 or later
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:52 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They spent extensive time on the day 3 edge rushers. Unless the guy from Louisiana is there at 4, I wouldn’t expect a pass rusher until round 5 or later

My wish list:

1.  Creed Humphrey at 38
2.  Trey Smith at 69.

Don't forget that Hopkins is coming off an ACL.  It's not a given that he's 100% to start the year.  I think C is a huge need as well,
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I honestly think you should be ready for it.  I'm not being an ass here, but look at all the signs.

1.  Take Chase because the draft is deep in O-line
2.  Take DT/DE/LB because he's the BPA and the draft is deep in OG and we can get one in the 3rd
3.  Take OG because that's the sweet spot.

I think if one of their guys either as a pass rushing DT or an edge is there, they go that route. because there should be depth for an OG.

Thanks for prepping me lol

Just have to hope the 3rd rounder is starting caliber right out of the bat or Spain and XSF come around if this is the case.

I sure would be happy if we get Carman/Meinerz in the 3rd and Spencer Brown in the 4th.
Reply/Quote