Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
(05-01-2021, 12:39 AM)Whatever Wrote: Carmen was generally considered a late 2nd/early 3rd.

Yep, just get his name right.

Carmen San Diego ain't Jackson Carman. He can move a CAR MAN!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:59 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: The sad thing is we had a chance to still get some top rated offensive line and we traded down.  This is so depressing.

I hear ya, but the thing that bugs me more is that I think we would have picked him at 38 lol. So in that sense, the trade back was positive. At least we got something out of it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:23 AM)tms Wrote: I hear ya, but the thing that bugs me more is that I think we would have picked him at 38 lol. So in that sense, the trade back was positive. At least we got something out of it. 

I can understand if you wanted Eichenberg, other than that, I don't hear yah Tms. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Well hope day 3 goes better than day 2. The worry is now we are reaching into 4/5 round still needing help on the Oline and we have drafted bad for a decade with the names of Jordan, Westerman, Bodine, Hawkinson. Does not look real promising in 4th.. maybe Hudson from UC that would be more a project pick or Deonte Brown massive guard average in pass and limited in only playing guard, don;t see any centers really worth taking in 4th...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:36 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I can understand if you wanted Eichenberg, other than that, I don't hear yah Tms. Mellow

Penei Sewell, Liam Eichenberg, Dyami Brown... my dream 1-3 was right there, Nate. Waiting to be taken. All the guys were available when the Bengals would have picked.

Michael Menet or Trey Hill in the 4th would be a nice cherry on top.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Penei Sewell, Liam Eichenberg, Dyami Brown... my dream 1-3 was right there, Nate. Waiting to be taken. All the guys were available when the Bengals would have picked.

That would be a damn good Draft bro. I also love Chase, Carman, Ossai, D'ante Smith, Alaric Jackson, Hudson...

There are still ways.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Penei Sewell, Liam Eichenberg, Dyami Brown... my dream 1-3 was right there, Nate. Waiting to be taken. All the guys were available when the Bengals would have picked.

Who is Menet BTW? Thought I studied up this draft lol
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:36 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I can understand if you wanted Eichenberg, other than that, I don't hear yah Tms. Mellow

Nah, I think you misunderstand. I definitely didn't want Eichenberg. In fact, I didn't want any of Cosmi, Radunz, Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Mayfield- I thought they were all overrated coming in. It's one of the reasons I was so staunchly pro-Sewell. I do think the dropoff is significant. Entering tonight, I had my eyes on Humphrey, Jenkins, Davis and Dickerson.

But it's not even about who we picked. I was fully prepared to be disappointed (what are the chances that they were going to pass on all those guys? lol). It's that we went off the board with Carman. Going off the board has consequences even if it ends up being the right player, especially for a team like us that is the target of so much ridicule league-wide. It's hard enough to pull this team out of the abyss without stacking the cards against ourselves as well. 

But whatever, it's over now. Live and learn. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:53 AM)tms Wrote: Nah, I think you misunderstand. I definitely didn't want Eichenberg. In fact, I didn't want any of Cosmi, Radunz, Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Mayfield- I thought they were all overrated coming in. It's one of the reasons I was so staunchly pro-Sewell. I do think the dropoff is significant. Entering tonight, I had my eyes on Humphrey, Jenkins, Davis and Dickerson.

But it's not even about who we picked. I was fully prepared to be disappointed (what are the chances that they were going to pass on all those guys? lol). It's that we went off the board with Carman. Going off the board has consequences even if it ends up being the right player, especially for a team like us that is the target of so much ridicule league-wide. It's hard enough to pull this team out of the abyss without stacking the cards against ourselves as well. 

But whatever, it's over now. Live and learn. 

I don't give a damn what the league thinks as long as we win. I did want Creed though. We added picks and got a top Guard
that can also play Tackle in a pinch in our system. Jenkins and Dickerson have more injury concerns than Carman and one is 
more of a Guard and one is more of a Center. I like the guy that can play Guard and swing out to Tackle.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with Carman, but it's pretty obvious that the oline depth of this draft was exaggerated to death. Carman was a decent get, but it's not like we nabbed some stud that would've been a first rounder any other year. He just seems like a typical 2nd/3rd round prospect.

And again...we could've had Sewell and Marshall instead. I'm taking that 100/100 times over Chase and Carman.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I was wanting Sewell too I had started to accept it was gonna be Chase and was feeling okay with the pick. Then after we made the pick and I heard Joe texted Chase to get his bags packed the morning of the draft I think he had to be the pick. I know you can't do everything just to make your QB happy but there's worse things than adding a premiere WR. But yeah the 3 4th rounders can really make this draft.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm fine with Carman, but it's pretty obvious that the oline depth of this draft was exaggerated to death. Carman was a decent get, but it's not like we nabbed some stud that would've been a first rounder any other year. He just seems like a typical 2nd/3rd round prospect.

And again...we could've had Sewell and Marshall instead. I'm taking that 100/100 times over Chase and Carman.

Not me. 

Chase is better than Marshall, Carman could be a better Guard than Sewell for all we know and we added two 4th round picks.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:51 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is Menet BTW? Thought I studied up this draft lol

Mid-round C guy from Penn State. I don't think he has the ceiling of Hill, but if you don't buy in on Hill or don't like the double meniscus cleanup he had to have done... he's a 2x team captain in college and a redshirt Senior, so a little older, a little less ceiling, but you get maturity, leadership, and no health concerns.

I don't think he'll ever really move the needle as far as Pro Bowls and All-Pros, but I think he can basically be a younger healthier option in 2022 to Hopkins. About what you'd expect from a 4th rounder. Lol

Here's him against Ohio State in '20:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mid-round C guy from Penn State. I don't think he has the ceiling of Hill, but if you don't buy in on Hill or don't like the double meniscus cleanup he had to have done... he's a 2x team captain in college and a redshirt Senior, so a little older, a little less ceiling, but you get maturity, leadership, and no health concerns.

I don't think he'll ever really move the needle as far as Pro Bowls and All-Pros, but I think he can basically be a younger healthier option in 2022 to Hopkins. About what you'd expect from a 4th rounder. Lol

Here's him against Ohio State in '20:

Thanks brother. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:15 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not me. 

Chase is better than Marshall, Carman could be a better Guard than Sewell for all we know and we added two 4th round picks.

The main reason people wanted Sewell is to protect Burrow it has nothing to do with wins and losses or which player is better, this team is not a playoff contender this year anyway.  I don't think there is any doubt that Chase will be a great receiver.
Reply/Quote

Eichenberg is solid and steady in pass pro, weak in run blocking.  PASS
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:29 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote:  The main reason people wanted Sewell is to protect Burrow it has nothing to do with wins and losses or which player is better, this team is not a playoff contender this year anyway.  I don't think there is any doubt that Chase will be a great receiver.

Same reason I wanted Sewell, same reason I love Carman to protect Burrow and open up the running game.

Agree about Chase.

(05-01-2021, 02:29 AM)Yogo Wrote: Eichenberg is solid and steady in pass pro, weak in run blocking.  PASS

Good thing we passed and got Carman, stud run blocking road grader.

Thought everyone just wanted to protect Burrow and yet a lot of the all Sewell guys didn't realize that Sewell wasn't an 
amazing pass blocker but more of a great run blocker. We made the right choice and helped solidify the middle while adding
a pass rusher and a couple 4th round picks. Pretty great Draft so far.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:29 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote:  The main reason people wanted Sewell is to protect Burrow it has nothing to do with wins and losses or which player is better, this team is not a playoff contender this year anyway.  I don't think there is any doubt that Chase will be a great receiver.

I agree.  Gotta take the most sure fire upgrade in protection (good in pass pro and run block).  Instant starter.  Can't afford to take a developmental question mark.  Drafting Sewell would have been a good commitment to protecting the franchise.  But eh.  We'll see if this gamble pays off.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: guess you missed the commentary with the crew on ESPN of why Sewell was the better pick than Chase and the mention of all the picks Sewell was probably the most impacting and upside with possible HOF future but this  discussion is not part of my thread... we picked Chase so now the lack of addressing the Oline in FA and 1st round pick of Chase makes it even more important to address it in 2/3.. especially as you head later in picks still higher probability it could be a bad pick

You lost me at "ESPN".
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:18 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: You lost me at "ESPN".
GO STRIPES!!!

Lol exactly.  If we listen to ESPN we probably would have zero wins this past year. Few of those guys still thought we should of took Tua over burrow smh
Reply/Quote