Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
(04-30-2021, 09:15 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Well I guess the front office decided bringing a hometown kid home was better than drafting the best player. Everyone had him going in the 3rd round. Let's hope he works out that's a HUGE reach by the Bengals.

well, put this one on Pollack.  He personally worked out a ton of these day 2 guys.  It's obvious he has him in higher regard than the other guys.
Reply/Quote
The sad thing is we had a chance to still get some top rated offensive line and we traded down. This is so depressing.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: well, put this one on Pollack.  He personally worked out a ton of these day 2 guys.  It's obvious he has him in higher regard than the other guys.

again, Pollack is a coach not a miracle worker and not a player so I'm not expecting this OL to show huge improvement at the start.  

I mean Pollack was such a great coach he led an OL that led is to a 7-9 and 6-10 record in the 2 years he was here.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:02 PM)TJ528 Wrote: again, Pollack is a coach not a miracle worker and not a player so I'm not expecting this OL to show huge improvement at the start.  

I mean Pollack was such a great coach he led an OL that led is to a 7-9 and 6-10 record in the 2 years he was here.

Pray tell what was Turner’s record? Pollack has a way better track record, and is a better human than Jim Turner.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
So pissed they passed on Sewell and then had Jenkins fall in their lap, but nope. I honestly think they truly believe the Oline is just fine.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So pissed they passed on Sewell and then had Jenkins fall in their lap, but nope. I honestly think they truly believe the Oline is just fine.

Dude I wouldn't be shocked if you only see 1 more OL drafted this wknd. I truly think the staff and FO beleive they have talent on the OL. They thought that last year and look where we ended up.
Reply/Quote
Well we didn't fix the o-line this draft maybe next year. Hopefully the next coach will value o-line.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This draft is stacked with OL Essex, it will be taken care of. Believe it, and Reiff is above average BTW.

I want OL at 38 could go in the other trenches in the 3rd and an OL in the 4th. This draft is THAT deep at OL.

And this seems to be exactly the plan...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And this seems to be exactly the plan...I like the Chase pick because I thought they'd make a strong 2ns round pick on OL. Nope the reach for Carmen. The expecting them to reinforce their OL and take an OL in the 3rd nope they go LB.  I mean Zac said today their happy with the players on the OL knowing this team we won't draft OL til the 6th or 7th round.

If I had to give this Draft a grade so far id give it a B-. 
Reply/Quote
Well what a great nite, we move back in 2nd round ( passing on many of the players people listed on this board) to pick a guy that was projected 3/4 round, follow that up with passing again on Oline for a LB/EDGE rusher.. really don;t know what plan the Bengals had coming into this draft but obviously it was not to really address the Offensive Line with need that most of us on this board have called for
Reply/Quote
Great pick in Jackson. Willie was high on him and talking him up way before the draft (last week) so good pick from a good OL evaluator, which is better than so called evaluators here in this group.
Reply/Quote
It’s been a pretty good draft. They are doing a good job at getting value in each round.

That Ossai pick shocked me, but I had a feeling it was going to be DL in the 3rd but Milton Williams instead.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: well, put this one on Pollack.  He personally worked out a ton of these day 2 guys.  It's obvious he has him in higher regard than the other guys.

and it seems from what i have been reading, he was in the very small minority that had him anywhere near a 2nd round pick
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:05 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It’s been a pretty good draft. They are doing a good job at getting value in each round.

That Ossai pick shocked me, but I had a feeling it was going to be DL in the 3rd but Milton Williams instead.

Value?  please stop spinning the 2nd round pick.. his value was later in the draft....
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Value?  please stop spinning the 2nd round pick.. his value was later in the draft....

We get our guy and added more picks not sure why your crying to mom.

I reach and get my guys in fantasy drafts, I don't listen to mocks or others opinions and I'm top 2 every year. Stop being a puppet doing what others think you should do instead on making your own decisions.  That's what the bengals did,  I love it!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:16 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: We get our guy and added more picks not sure why your crying to mom.

I reach and get my guys in fantasy drafts, I don't listen to mocks or others opinions and I'm top 2 every year. Stop being a puppet doing what others think you should do instead on making your own decisions.  That's what the bengals did,  I love it!

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and it seems from what i have been reading, he was in the very small minority that had him anywhere near a 2nd round pick

Carmen was generally considered a late 2nd/early 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:39 AM)Whatever Wrote: Carmen was generally considered a late 2nd/early 3rd.

Yep. This “Drew Sample type reach” talk is pure nonsense.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Value?  please stop spinning the 2nd round pick.. his value was later in the draft....

Yeah, even if Carman was considered a slight reach, he will be a really good guard opening big holes for Mixon. It was a good pick.

Ossai shouldn’t have been there at 3. 2nd round talent In the 3rd at a position of need is really good value.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:08 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Well we didn't fix the o-line this draft maybe next year. Hopefully the next coach will value o-line.

Until the FO does it’s all a moot point.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote