Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Improving at LB
(02-11-2019, 10:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - But he's Restricted. I'd say that makes odds low it happens.

I really think Littelton would be awesome in stripes.  So it means the Bengals would have to offer a fairly competitive price and  it means the Rams have right to match offer correct?

I think he is worth!!!!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I really think Littelton would be awesome in stripes.  So it means the Bengals would have to offer a fairly competitive price and  it means the Rams have right to match offer correct?

I think he is worth!!!!

What I'd say it comes down to is making an offer high enough that the Rams wouldn't match it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I really think Littelton would be awesome in stripes.  So it means the Bengals would have to offer a fairly competitive price and  it means the Rams have right to match offer correct?

And we have to give up a draft pick if we sign him.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We know we were bad at LB. We were terrible in coverage.

My plan for improving would be to waive Burfict. I'd let Rey leave in free agency.

I'd sign Jordan Hicks and LJ Fort.

Hicks is ranked PFF's #17 free agent. Here's the write-up:
Hicks looked on his way to becoming one of the league’s elite linebackers early in his career before injuries took their toll. He earned 84.6 and 91.1 coverage grades in 2015 and 2016, respectively. Hicks has only managed 1,043 snaps since though with injuries, but the talent is still there. You're probably talking $6-7 million a year for Hicks.

LJ Fort has been a backup for the Steelers, but when he gets on the field he makes plays. He's fast and is all over the field. His PFF grade was 74.2 which ranked as the #19 LB. I feel like we could add him for $3 million a year or so.

Vigil would be my 3rd LB.

Backups would be Jefferson, Jordan Evans, then I'd add another one either in the draft or free agency.

I'd waive Nickerson too...unless he was just used for special teams. He should not be seeing snaps at LB.

This is definately a good plan at our worst position. All for Hicks and Fort in FA to go along with an O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And we have to give up a draft pick if we sign him.

Like a 3rd or 4th rounder?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 04:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like a 3rd or 4th rounder?

Not sure.  I think it depends on what round he was drafted.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 04:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like a 3rd or 4th rounder?

I think it has to do with the tender they put on him too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Do you think Littelton is worth it? I was impressed with him.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 05:01 PM)McC Wrote: I think it has to do with the tender they put on him too.

They want to put a second round tender on him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 05:12 PM)Synric Wrote: They want to put a second round tender on him.

Ooh.  Not the second.  That's our sweet spot.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 05:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Do you think Littelton is worth it?  I was impressed with him.

I really only ever saw him play in the playoffs.  But he was impressive.

Rated above average by PFF.  Only 25.  His best years might till be in front of him. And damn, he was an undrafted free agent.

Reply/Quote
Burfict is a Marvin guy. I’d love for him to regain form § be the impact player he was, but I don’t think he can. I doubt many teams would be interested in him either and because he’s a Marvin guy, I think it’s time to move on.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote: I really only ever saw him play in the playoffs.  But he was impressive.

Rated above average by PFF.  Only 25.  His best years might till be in front of him. And damn, he was an undrafted free agent.

I think this was his 1st year as a starter too...so he likely improves.

He seemed to improve as the season went on and definitely looked good in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:35 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Burfict is a Marvin guy. I’d love for him to regain form § be the impact player he was, but I don’t think he can. I doubt many teams would be interested in him either and because he’s a Marvin guy, I think it’s time to move on.

I'm so ready to move on on Burfict. Too much drama. Too many injuries. Too  many suspensions.

We need to move on on Eifert too.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 08:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm so ready to move on on Burfict. Too much drama. Too many injuries. Too  many suspensions.

We need to move on on Eifert too.

I'm torn on Eifert.  The difference between the two is when Eifert is on the field, he only causes problems for opponents.  And you just have to think  that sooner or later, the football gods just have to give the guy a break and It would kill me if that happened on another team.

Don't build your offense around him and don't give him a lot of guaranteed money and take one more shot with him, imo.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 09:01 PM)McC Wrote: I'm torn on Eifert.  The difference between the two is when Eifert is on the field, he only causes problems for opponents.  And you just have to think  that sooner or later, the football gods just have to give the guy a break and It would kill me if that happened on another team.

Don't build your offense around him and don't give him a lot of guaranteed money and take one more shot with him, imo.

The only way I'd bring him back is as the #2 TE. Like say we draft a young guy that can play. I'd start the young guy and limit Eifert to like 10-15 snaps a game early in the year.

And if it was for like $3 million a year with incentives.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 09:01 PM)McC Wrote: I'm torn on Eifert.  The difference between the two is when Eifert is on the field, he only causes problems for opponents.  And you just have to think  that sooner or later, the football gods just have to give the guy a break and It would kill me if that happened on another team.

Same way i feel about Eifert.

(02-11-2019, 09:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only way I'd bring him back is as the #2 TE. Like say we draft a young guy that can play. I'd start the young guy and limit Eifert to like 10-15 snaps a game early in the year.

Have to sign him with incentives, i think this is the only way any team would sign him with his injury history.

Just hope he can stay healthy for half our games and hopefully half of our games and going into the Playoffs, not just early.

Very deep Draft for TE's get one in the 3rd or 4th round. Lots of good ones.
Reply/Quote
Burfict needs to retire, he has had to many concussions. I would like to give Eifert one more year, as long as it's a team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 09:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only way I'd bring him back is as the #2 TE. Like say we draft a young guy that can play. I'd start the young guy and limit Eifert to like 10-15 snaps a game early in the year.

Anytime Eifert steps on the field, he is going to be our best Tight End. Of course we resign him....
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anytime Eifert steps on the field, he is going to be our best Tight End. Of course we resign him....

He's played in a total of 14 out of 48 games over the past 3 years.

Plus, all of these injuries are going to make his talent decline too. I don't know that it's a forgone conclusion they keep him.
Reply/Quote