Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
In Ced I Trust
(03-09-2017, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, Fisher should be #1 on the depth chart at LT right now from what we have seen.

Ogbuehi needs to earn that spot from him. Draft Ramcyzk in the 2nd if he is there. Toth in the 3rd.

Ramcyzk is a waste of a pick and they are dumb if they draft him.  I've read several reports of personnel departments doubting that he even likes the game of football.  Sound familiar?  Let me remind you.  Johnathan Martin.  Chris Williams.  This is the kind of thing that happens when a dude is naturally gifted with a giant's body and the will to play ball leaves him.  They get their asses kicked and teams that draft them are left holding the bag.  I wouldn't draft a player surrounded by rumors like this if I had Dennis Roland as my only other option.

The deed is basically done with Whit.  It's Ogbuehi or bust in 2017, barring injury.  It's either going to pleasantly surprise or, as many of us suspect, torpedo our season.  If it does, then we'll get to pick a blue chip OT early in 2018.  Buckle up, Buckaroos!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:14 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I consider myself a relatively savvy football fan, but I know there are a lot of people on here that fancy themselves amateur scouts. So the question I ask is, did anyone see anything positive out of Ced's play this year? To me he looked pretty awful, but I was never an o-linemen.

Ok so here are some of the factors that lead me to believe he could improve.  

1.  He's right handed and traditionally right handed tackles are much better at LT than RT.

2.  He has good footwork

3.  He really lacked in the strength department last year, but he was basically 1 year off and injury that limited him athletically.  If he works the entire off season he could make significant gains in this department and have a dramatic improvement.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:14 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: We will have to draft at least one G and one OT this year at the very least. I hate having to rely on someone whom isn't even in the building yet and may never be.

True, but remember this, a few years back the Cowboys had one of the worse lines in football, after like 2-3 drafts they now have the best line in the NFL. They grabbed Fredrick, Martin, Leary all with in the last 4 years, granted Leary supposedly just signed with Denver, pair them with Tyron Smith and Doug Free and boom best line in the NFL. 

What if Westerman is just as good if not better than Z? What if Fisher is a pretty good RT, that would give us 3 good lineman when you add in a healthy Boling, then if we could draft at least 1 good lineman and maybe grab Mangold at least as a stop gap, it could really work out well. I think both Fisher and Ced haven't been given enough snaps or time to really be this criticized and Westerman was highly regarded coming out last year and was buried behind veterans this past season, he could end up being our best lineman in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:18 PM)samhain Wrote: Ramcyzk is a waste of a pick and they are dumb if they draft him.  I've read several reports of personnel departments doubting that he even likes the game of football.  Sound familiar?  Let me remind you.  Johnathan Martin.  Chris Williams.  This is the kind of thing that happens when a dude is naturally gifted with a giant's body and the will to play ball leaves him.  They get their asses kicked and teams that draft them are left holding the bag.  I wouldn't draft a player surrounded by rumors like this if I had Dennis Roland as my only other option.

The deed is basically done with Whit.  It's Ogbuehi or bust in 2017, barring injury.  It's either going to pleasantly surprise or, as many of us suspect, torpedo our season.  If it does, then we'll get to pick a blue chip OT early in 2018.  Buckle up, Buckaroos!

Wow, didn't know that about Ramcyzk. Now i don't have to try and spell his name again, thanks Sam.

Just have to pray Og improves, the one thing i do know is he is athletic and if there is a place on the OL he could play
well it is at LT. He needs to be pumping the weights big time and get is lower body stronger. Having Boling on his right
side should help. Boling had strength problems early on in his career and has became a strong pulling Guard.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ok so here are some of the factors that lead me to believe he could improve.  

1.  He's right handed and traditionally right handed tackles are much better at LT than RT.

2.  He has good footwork

3.  He really lacked in the strength department last year, but he was basically 1 year off and injury that limited him athletically.  If he works the entire off season he could make significant gains in this department and have a dramatic improvement.

4. He is really athletic.

(03-09-2017, 04:22 PM)Crowe Wrote: True, but remember this, a few years back the Cowboys had one of the worse lines in football, after like 2-3 drafts they now have the best line in the NFL. They grabbed Fredrick, Martin, Leary all with in the last 4 years, granted Leary supposedly just signed with Denver, pair them with Tyron Smith and Doug Free and boom best line in the NFL. 

What if Westerman is just as good if not better than Z? What if Fisher is a pretty good RT, that would give us 3 good lineman when you add in a healthy Boling, then if we could draft at least 1 good lineman and maybe grab Mangold at least as a stop gap, it could really work out well. I think both Fisher and Ced haven't been given enough snaps or time to really be this criticized and Westerman was highly regarded coming out last year and was buried behind veterans this past season, he could end up being our best lineman in a year or two.

Nice post, made me feel better Crowe. And even though we let Zeitler go before that pick people always said we
would never draft a Guard in the 1st cause we never did before. We might surprise and draft a Center in the 2nd or
3rd which could really solidify the interior OL if Westerman pans out.

I do like Westerman, loved the pick. He reminds me a lot of Zeitler in pass protection but he needs to get better in
the run game. Sucks having PA as the O-line coach, he cannot coach run blocking, dude is terrible at it.

Bottomline it looks like our entire O-line better be pumping the hell out of the weights this Offseason cause all of
them besides Boling and Bodine need to get stronger.
Reply/Quote
4 Tackles that can come in to compete for a spot on the line. rounds 2-3

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1984057/taylor-moton

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2155428/roderick-johnson

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1998880/adam-bisnowaty

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2060523/dion-dawkins

and a guard

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2001844/dan-feeney

Any of these guys could compete for starting LT/RT/RG positions. The upside to a lot of these tackles is they play multiple positions and give a higher % chance of starting in the NFL. This team will draft the BPA which will not be a Tackle in the first regardless of need and they shouldn't reach.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

You never trust state run media.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:22 PM)Crowe Wrote: True, but remember this, a few years back the Cowboys had one of the worse lines in football, after like 2-3 drafts they now have the best line in the NFL. They grabbed Fredrick, Martin, Leary all with in the last 4 years, granted Leary supposedly just signed with Denver, pair them with Tyron Smith and Doug Free and boom best line in the NFL. 

Finally someone who sees reason.  

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:33 PM)Burma Wrote: You never trust state run media.

What I like to see is that he's at a facility in the off season working his ass off.  This is exactly what you want to see from a guy who had a bad year.

Reply/Quote
Whatever happens, I hope the Bengals don't fart around all season before admitting something ain't working. That's down to coaching more than players, and I think its because the coaching egos in the room won't admit they were wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Believe it or not...

I think Ogbuehi's last year was a fluke and he will show that he was well worth that 1st round selection.

He's apparently working on gaining strength right now and knows he had a terrible season and he's ready to prove others wrong.

I still think Ced can be that Franchise tackle.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

He has:  

No strength, which makes him useless even to kick inside as a guard
No balance, which gets him caught overextending and he can't redirect quickly
No clue, on what to do

Basically, he looks athletic and is tall.  That's it.  He has never displayed good technique (too upright).  He doesn't have NFL strength (I mean, he struggled with bullrushes in college).  In a nutshell, he was a tremendous whiff of a draft pick.  He doesn't have a single strength and should be relegated to the extra TE position in short yardage and nothing more.

They will now have to hope Cam Robinson or Ryan Ramczyk pan out and maybe slide a few picks to get one of them since we will be using the first pick on a tackle.  

Good job, Piano man...this pick that you were so in love with has busted bigger than life and really put this team behind the eight ball.  I'd love to punch you in the nuts. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is going to be a long year in the Nati.

What do you think happens this year? The Reds' infield has more errors than the Bengals O-line gives up sacks or vice versa?

I know Suarez and Ced will be about a wash!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:37 PM)snowy Wrote: Whatever happens, I hope the Bengals don't fart around all season before admitting something ain't working. That's down to coaching more than players, and I think its because the coaching egos in the room won't admit they were wrong.

Yeah, Ogbuehi better frickin' earn that spot at LT and better not just be given it cuz he was their first rounder.

Fisher so far has atleast played LT decent and RT somewhat decent in a game or two. He should be the leading

candidate until Og starts to show something. PA and Marv have huge egos no question and never admit they are
wrong, this needs to change. The best players need to play no matter where they were drafted.

Og was the worst RT in the NFL last year, worse than all the UDFA's that played there...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 4. He is really athletic.

Nice post, made me feel better Crowe. And even though we let Zeitler go before that pick people always said we
would never draft a Guard in the 1st cause we never did before. We might surprise and draft a Center in the 2nd or
3rd which could really solidify the interior OL if Westerman pans out.

I do like Westerman, loved the pick. He reminds me a lot of Zeitler in pass protection but he needs to get better in
the run game. Sucks having PA as the O-line coach, he cannot coach run blocking, dude is terrible at it.

Bottomline it looks like our entire O-line better be pumping the hell out of the weights this Offseason cause all of
them besides Boling and Bodine need to get stronger.

Thanks Nate! 

Yea I agree, I know we have trends that we take as a team, but in reality all it takes is for us to draft 1 really good lineman and sign a serviceable lineman and who knows our line could at least be better than this past years was. I have faith that Westerman will do ok.

Yes our line needs to get stronger. I think with Cedric O, his issue could have been more mental, I mean he was coming off of a major injury when he was drafted so that could have played into his issues, plus you have to think that was his first real game action since he got injured even though he went in as an extra pass blocker at the end of his rookie year. Fisher has to be better at RT than what we had this season so that's also a plus.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Finally someone who sees reason.  

Yes 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Believe it or not...

I think Ogbuehi's last year was a fluke and he will show that he was well worth that 1st round selection.

He's apparently working on gaining strength right now and knows he had a terrible season and he's ready to prove others wrong.

I still think Ced can be that Franchise tackle.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

Trying to cope with our already bad o line getting dismantled. 

Our guys are leaving for the browns and the rams . 
This is pathetic
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:37 PM)snowy Wrote: Whatever happens, I hope the Bengals don't fart around all season before admitting something ain't working. That's down to coaching more than players, and I think its because the coaching egos in the room won't admit they were wrong.
Haven't been a bengal fan to long? They won't admit anything. Hell just a week or so ago, Marvin said the O-line wasn't an issue that year.
Reply/Quote
I do think Ced improves, big time actually. The reason he was so good in college is because he's an athletic freak. With the ACL that he went down with, his whole rookie off season was shot from the start. I think the little experience he got last year will actually help. Now he should be 100% he can get to work, get his strength up, and get his feet right . Honestly think people are going to be very surprised with him

Before the injury, the guy was mocked as a top 5 pick overall for a reason . Think he's going to be a great surprise.
Reply/Quote
Well with oogieboogie starting, we are truly f'd in the b

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:51 PM)Crowe Wrote: Thanks Nate! 

Yea I agree, I know we have trends that we take as a team, but in reality all it takes is for us to draft 1 really good lineman and sign a serviceable lineman and who knows our line could at least be better than this past years was. I have faith that Westerman will do ok.

Yes our line needs to get stronger. I think with Cedric O, his issue could have been more mental, I mean he was coming off of a major injury when he was drafted so that could have played into his issues, plus you have to think that was his first real game action since he got injured even though he went in as an extra pass blocker at the end of his rookie year. Fisher has to be better at RT than what we had this season so that's also a plus.

It was mental and physical with Og last year.

We just have to hope atleast one of these two come along. I seriously think Fisher can become decent
and i loved the Westerman pick as i said. With adding two good O-lineman we would be right back where
we were.

As much as i loved Whit, he is getting up there and as solid as Zeitler was in the passing game we could
upgrade at RG in the running game.

(03-09-2017, 05:05 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: I do think Ced improves, big time actually.  The reason he was so good in college is because he's an athletic freak.  With the ACL that he went down with, his whole rookie off season was shot from the start.  I think the little experience he got last year will actually help. Now he should be 100% he can get to work, get his strength up, and get his feet right . Honestly think people are going to be very surprised with him

Before the injury, the guy was mocked as a top 5 pick overall for a reason . Think he's going to be a great surprise.

Oh i am sure he improves, he couldn't get any worse.

But you do make some good points and i hope you are right. LT is his natural position.

PA was stupid to put him at RT over Fisher IMHO.

But i guess he could of been pressured by MB to get his first round pick into the games, stupid by MB if this is the case.

Either way, stupid.
Reply/Quote