Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
In Ced I Trust
(03-09-2017, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to be an ass, but could you actually spell that shit out?  It's tough to decipher what the frig you are trying to say.  You might be sharing great info, but who the heck would know?

My guess was Lecharles Bentley. Found a pic of him at Bentley's OL performance school. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My guess was Lecharles Bentley. Found a pic of him at Bentley's OL performance school. 

The same Lecharles Bentley that was convicted for punching Tyson Walter, his own teammate back in '02?  Yeah, he's aggressive, I hope he can teach it as well as he demonstrated it.

I hope that he punches Ogbuehi a couple of times, that little ***** sure does need some toughening up..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The same Lecharles Bentley that was convicted for punching Tyson Walter, his own teammate back in '02?  Yeah, he's aggressive, I hope he can teach it as well as he demonstrated it.

I hope that he punches Ogbuehi a couple of times, that little ***** sure does need some toughening up..

He needs to beat Ogbuehi with a bar of soap in a pillow case.......repeatedly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Believe it or not...

I think Ogbuehi's last year was a fluke and he will show that he was well worth that 1st round selection.

He's apparently working on gaining strength right now and knows he had a terrible season and he's ready to prove others wrong.

I still think Ced can be that Franchise tackle.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

Did you watch any games last year? You realize Marvin's stubbornness in sticking with him & Nugent is what doomed the season. And now we are no doubt worse off.
Reply/Quote
I'm pulling for him, but for him to look like an "average starter" caliber LT, much less a good one, would be one of the most dramatic turnarounds I've ever seen in a player.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Finally someone who sees reason.  

Except you boys are forgetting we never play the FA market worth a damn....and you're relying on a shit coaching staff to coach up your draft picks......that looks more like reason to me.  This isn't Madden.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:14 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I consider myself a relatively savvy football fan, but I know there are a lot of people on here that fancy themselves amateur scouts. So the question I ask is, did anyone see anything positive out of Ced's play this year? To me he looked pretty awful, but I was never an o-linemen.

I didn't but Willie Anderson did, and I have to believe him. I also believe that the kid has talent, but he needs to be coached up and we don't have anyone that can coach up an o-lineman.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:01 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Haven't been a bengal fan to long? They won't admit anything. Hell just a week or so ago, Marvin said the O-line wasn't an issue that year.

I must have missed this...what did he say was the issue? 

Zamp?  

RB?  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I must have missed this...what did he say was the issue? 

Zamp?  

RB?  

He said everyone was responsible for protecting the QB, and needs to play better....or some humdrum shit like that. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: He said everyone was responsible for protecting the QB, and needs to play better....or some humdrum shit like that. Whatever

I'm not even going to enter an accountability discussion again, but if he didn't address the offensive line for their performance how do we expect any position or position group to feel they are accountable for their performance?

The offensive line last year was an absolute dumpster fire, and Alexander and Ced should be fearing for their paychecks...
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not even going to enter an accountability discussion again, but if he didn't address the offensive line for their performance how do we expect any position or position group to feel they are accountable for their performance?

The offensive line last year was an absolute dumpster fire, and Alexander and Ced should be fearing for their paychecks...

Exactly brother. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:00 PM)milksheikh Wrote: He just came off an ACL injury and I look at it like the Atkins situation.

Atkins got injured and came back not even half the man he was producing 3 sacks and people complaining.

After a whole offseason of just training to get better, Atkins got back to him old self.

I think that's one of the main reasons Ced had a bad year.

And don't forget he was also playing out of position. Plus defensive coordinators are not dumb. If you were game planning against Cincy last year would you try to exploit Whitworth or anyone else on the line?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:22 PM)xxlt Wrote: And don't forget he was also playing out of position. Plus defensive coordinators are not dumb. If you were game planning against Cincy last year would you try to exploit Whitworth or anyone else on the line?

Except for when they slid Whit to LG and started Og at LT and he promptly gave up 2 very quick sacks and was benched again.  Poor ol Boling had to play all season with a separated shoulder because no one was good enough to spell him, or Whit in order to move Whit to LG.  Now we're rolling with that bunch as our starters on a unit that gave up 41 sacks. Mellow

Fun fact, the two newly departed guys combined to give up 1 sack. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I must have missed this...what did he say was the issue? 

Zamp?  

RB?  

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-doesnt-mind-17-urgency/3054bdc8-d4c8-4286-9e4c-b301e614839c

As usual Lewis has a lot on his desk. Literally. On Friday there was the obligatory self-help book, along with notes to himself, as well Rick Gosselin’s annual NFL special teams breakdown from The Dallas Morning News and the Bengals’ 2016 GPS report that monitors his regulars’ daily bodily functions.

He won’t talk free agency or next year’s depth chart, expect to say they want their own players to return and no one has won anything yet. But when asked about the offensive line, everybody’s top off-season worry, Lewis warms to the subject.
Especially after quarterback Andy Dalton[Image: icon-article-link.gif] was sacked 41 times. It’s only the third time a Bengals quarterback was sacked at least 40 times under Lewis.
“(The line is) not a concern. We know all areas of our team, particularly the offensive group, have to do a better job of protecting our quarterback and that comes from every person and every position group on the offense,” Lewis said. “(Protecting the passer) is always a priority. It’s never changed. It just doesn’t fall on the line. It falls on everybody.”
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:00 PM)milksheikh Wrote: He just came off an ACL injury and I look at it like the Atkins situation.

Atkins got injured and came back not even half the man he was producing 3 sacks and people complaining.

After a whole offseason of just training to get better, Atkins got back to him old self.

I think that's one of the main reasons Ced had a bad year.

Not the same. Atkins was older and Oggieboggie boy has had over two years to gain his strength, but hasn't.

Further, he ended the year on IR with a rotator cuff tear so not sure he's even been in the weight room yet. There's no evidence that he's even recovered from that injury yet.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Except for when they slid Whit to LG and started Og at LT and he promptly gave up 2 very quick sacks and was benched again.  Poor ol Boling had to play all season with a separated shoulder because no one was good enough to spell him, or Whit in order to move Whit to LG.  Now we're rolling with that bunch as our starters on a unit that gave up 41 sacks. Mellow

A fact the Bengals themselves overlooked, but other teams took notice and acted accordingly.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Except for when they slid Whit to LG and started Og at LT and he promptly gave up 2 very quick sacks and was benched again.  Poor ol Boling had to play all season with a separated shoulder because no one was good enough to spell him, or Whit in order to move Whit to LG.  Now we're rolling with that bunch as our starters on a unit that gave up 41 sacks. Mellow

Those are relevant and accurate observations. And, the vultures may already be circling over what perhaps will soon be Andy Dalton's carcass.

I am not guaranteeing Ogbuehi will be a success. I am saying lots of "can't miss" guys miss in the NFL and the Bengals are not the only team that makes mistakes. I am also saying I remember a TON of criticism when the Bengals drafted a tackle named Munoz or something like that - big foreign looking kid from somewhere in California... and I also recall a fair amount of criticism when they drafted a tackle named Whitworth (some "experts" said it was a reach and that he might be able to play guard but not tackle...).

So, I am hoping the combination of 1. coming off injury, 2. making the jump to the NFL, 3. playing out of position, and 4. having your confidence shaken means that we don't have an accurate picture of our new starting LT yet. And as for the game where he promptly gave up 2 sacks - all the other 4 factors should be considered as background to that and I would suggest passing judgement on a career based on one bad series in one game would be akin to doing so based on a bad pre-season outing. I mean hell, there was probably a game early on in Jordan's rookie year where he had more fouls and turnovers than assists or rebounds or points.

I don't know if Cedric is going to do better when he gets a chance, but it appears he is getting one, and as a (long heartbroken fan of this confounding franchise) I am hoping he gets much better.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:56 PM)xxlt Wrote: Those are relevant and accurate observations. And, the vultures may already be circling over what perhaps will soon be Andy Dalton's carcass.

I am not guaranteeing Ogbuehi will be a success. I am saying lots of "can't miss" guys miss in the NFL and the Bengals are not the only team that makes mistakes. I am also saying I remember a TON of criticism when the Bengals drafted a tackle named Munoz or something like that - big foreign looking kid from somewhere in California... and I also recall a fair amount of criticism when they drafted a tackle named Whitworth (some "experts" said it was a reach and that he might be able to play guard but not tackle...).

So, I am hoping the combination of 1. coming off injury, 2. making the jump to the NFL, 3. playing out of position, and 4. having your confidence shaken means that we don't have an accurate picture of our new starting LT yet. And as for the game where he promptly gave up 2 sacks - all the other 4 factors should be considered as background to that and I would suggest passing judgement on a career based on one bad series in one game would be akin to doing so based on a bad pre-season outing. I mean hell, there was probably a game early on in Jordan's rookie year where he had more fouls and turnovers than assists or rebounds or points.

I don't know if Cedric is going to do better when he gets a chance, but it appears he is getting one, and as a (long heartbroken fan of this confounding franchise) I am hoping he gets much better.

Rep.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am REALLY hoping he puts it all together, for our sake and Dalton's.  My issue is the lack of a backup plan by this FO, moreso than any personal vendetta against Ced, or even Piano Man.  It's the FO's fault we are in this position, and their fault we have an oline coach that says he can't coach up players during the season.  This was a TOTALLY Bungaled FA, no other way to put it.  Lose your two best FAs, and overpay for an average one.  Only in Son of Paul's bizarro world my friend....and I still say Zeitler should have been extended long before this became a fiasco. Just bush league management.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Rep.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am REALLY hoping he puts it all together, for our sake and Dalton's.  My issue is the lack of a backup plan by this FO, moreso than any personal vendetta against Ced, or even Piano Man.  It's the FO's fault we are in this position, and their fault we have an oline coach that says he can't coach up players during the season.  This was a TOTALLY Bungaled FA, no other way to put it.  Lose your two best FAs, and overpay for an average one.  Only in Son of Paul's bizarro world my friend....and I still say Zeitler should have been extended long before this became a fiasco.  Just bush league management.

Yeah, honestly I don't know what hurts (in damage to the team and hurting the morale of fans) more between losing Whit and Zeitler. Letting Whit go may have been a better business decision - I mean I loved everything about him but paying 35 year old guys top dollar is not the path to the Super Bowl so maybe it was - not smart, but acceptable. And maybe they tried to extend Zeitler? I dunno - maybe it was a personality thing, maybe he didn't like the city, who knows? I would have been happy to see both or either return for sure, but all we can do at this point is hope that the two tackles we drafted last year step up and hope that the rest of the line does too. They have a full off season to learn together and hopefully be a cohesive unit come fall. I am not holding my  breath, but I am also not getting out by striped voodoo dolls. You know how it is as a Bengals fan - our theme song is:

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, at this point, this is where we all have to be. It's not the player we wanted, but it's the player we have. Ogbuehi was far from impressive last season, but I hope he can put together a better year this season. In the interview he gave yesterday, he seems confident that he learned a lot from last season and that a full offseason will help him get to where he needs to be. Obviously that's what he should be saying, I'm just hoping there is truth to it and that he's doing everything he can to improve.

The Bengals handed their team and fans a giant shit sandwich yesterday, but there's nothing that can be done about it now. Make no mistake, I'll continue to question, *****, and bash when I see fit, but this is still my team and I will continue support them through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote