Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
In Ced I Trust
(03-09-2017, 05:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was mental and physical with Og last year.

We just have to hope atleast one of these two come along. I seriously think Fisher can become decent
and i loved the Westerman pick as i said. With adding two good O-lineman we would be right back where
we were.

As much as i loved Whit, he is getting up there and as solid as Zeitler was in the passing game we could
upgrade at RG in the running game.

Oh i am sure he improves, he couldn't get any worse.

But you do make some good points and i hope you are right. LT is his natural position.

PA was stupid to put him at RT over Fisher IMHO.

But i guess he could of been pressured by MB to get his first round pick into the games, stupid by MB if this is the case.

Either way, stupid.

I agree, and with as much as I liked Whit, he struggled a little more this year, but that's to be expected he's 35 and going to be 36, it would have been nice to have him back for a year but oh well. As for Zeitler, I liked him he was solid, key emphasis on being "solid", the fact that he was just paid the most money out of all guards is insane. Good teams overcome these things, look at the Pats, they'll trade anyone not named Brady or Bellicheck and they don't miss a beat, Seattle let's guys go and they don't miss a beat, the Packers, etc. there is no reason why we actually cant improve on this season.
Reply/Quote
Dude got beat by every possible move imaginable...It's gonna take nothing short of a miracle for him to turn it around. I'm not holding my breath.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:14 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Dude got beat by every possible move imaginable...It's gonna take nothing short of a miracle for him to turn it around. I'm not holding my breath.

If you're not strong enough to play the position it can make everything else look bad.  If he stacks weights he can save his career.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't necessarily think that he's going to put it all together this year, but I think he has a much better chance of turning it around than people think.

edit: if he doesn't improve this year AT ALL then he's not going to.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: If you're not strong enough to play the position it can make everything else look bad.  If he stacks weights he can save his career.

That's why bodine is so great huh?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:09 PM)nkets Wrote: Nightmare scenario initiated

I said a couple weeks ago that we could be looking at an Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line. 

I was hoping that wouldn't actually happen, but here we are. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I said a couple weeks ago that we could be looking at an Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line. 

I was hoping that wouldn't actually happen, but here we are. 

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!
Reply from Andy Dalton on the O-line situation:

[Image: Vintage-Howdy-Doody-Doll-Annex-Pawn-2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!
Reply from Andy Dalton on the O-line situation:

[Image: Vintage-Howdy-Doody-Doll-Annex-Pawn-2.jpg]

Poor guy has gone all cross eyed. He needs to get CP on the horn for advice on how to handle this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Believe it or not...

I think Ogbuehi's last year was a fluke and he will show that he was well worth that 1st round selection.

He's apparently working on gaining strength right now and knows he had a terrible season and he's ready to prove others wrong.

I still think Ced can be that Franchise tackle.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

Ppppppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttt !!!!!!!

What chall smokin on?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hopefully Ogbuehi finds some of those roids that Villanueva used to go from 200lbs TE to 300lbs+ LT.
Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogbuehi? Pfft!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: If you're not strong enough to play the position it can make everything else look bad.  If he stacks weights he can save his career.

Buddy.....I don't know if you've ever played on the line or not.....but there's a shitload more to it than that.  He didn't just look weak.....he was LOST out there.  I have my doubts about Piano Man.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Believe it or not...

I think Ogbuehi's last year was a fluke and he will show that he was well worth that 1st round selection.

He's apparently working on gaining strength right now and knows he had a terrible season and he's ready to prove others wrong.

I still think Ced can be that Franchise tackle.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

I'll have one of what you're having.  Make it two...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If we learned anything from last year. We should not be handing Ogbuehi a starting job.

Would be great if he turns into our franchise LT. But he has to earn it.

Fisher proved he was a better player last year. Fisher should be competing for the starting LT with Ogbuehi.

We need to move on from Winston and bring in younger better competition as well.  I expect a couple more tackles to be added to the roster.

This is dumb. Did AJ Green have to "earn it" when we drafted him in the first round? If the talents there, you play him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Buddy.....I don't know if you've ever played on the line or not.....but there's a shitload more to it than that.  He didn't just look weak.....he was LOST out there.  I have my doubts about Piano Man.

Exactly.  Gym strength is the least of Ogbuehi's worries, let alone Andy's.  So much more has to do with reading your opponent, being reflexive to his movements, and being strong reactively.  And that is only in pass pro..  In the run game, it is an entirely different animal.  To run block effectively, one must be naturally aggressive, and have a strong desire to move and dominate the man in front of him.  I haven't seen much of any of those traits in Ogbuehi, thus far.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly.  Gym strength is the least of Ogbuehi's worries, let alone Andy's.  So much more has to do with reading your opponent, being reflexive to his movements, and being strong reactively.  And that is only in pass pro..  In the run game, it is an entirely different animal.  To run block effectively, one must be naturally aggressive, and have a strong desire to move and dominate the man in front of him.  I haven't seen much of any of those traits in Ogbuehi, thus far.

Don't worry, Sunset!  Cincinnati has an amazing offensive line coach...

...oh, wait... Sick
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it. I see nothing to feel confident in Ogbeuhi's abilities right now. Apparently our coaching staff has... But I doubt it
Reply/Quote
Westerman is working with L. B. out in Phx. he is known as one of the best line coaches. There are several ol starters there including tackles, L. B. and other linemen there said he is the strongest in the group.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:11 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: Westerman is working with L. B. out in Phx. he is known as one of the best line coaches. There are several ol starters there including tackles, L. B. and other linemen there said he is the strongest in the group.

Not to be an ass, but could you actually spell that shit out?  It's tough to decipher what the frig you are trying to say.  You might be sharing great info, but who the heck would know?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Buddy.....I don't know if you've ever played on the line or not.....but there's a shitload more to it than that.  He didn't just look weak.....he was LOST out there.  I have my doubts about Piano Man.

And he's our new starting Left Tackle.   Rant
Reply/Quote