Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Incredibly happy for The Bengals Board
For those fans who live far from Cincinnati and experience few live interactions with other Bengals fans, the various forms of social media have been a valuable tool to share our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about them with others who love this team. This community in particular was born in 2005 and coincided with a long, unpleasant milestone coming to an end - a 15-year playoff drought. It was a hell of a way to break in the new message board and certainly helped build its foundation.

We all know how that season ended, but our collective standard for this team had been raised. We believed the next step of advancing in the playoffs and a Super Bowl run were not far off and we would celebrate it together. Nearly a decade later, we were still waiting when the rug had been pulled out from under us - the Bengals.com message board was being shut down. A community that had bonded over its pain was at risk of disintegrating. Bengals fans, however, are far more resilient than that.

Bengalholic strived to resurrect this community in its current form and so many of the outstanding members still here today refused to let it die. It was accomplished, among other reasons, for this very moment (and bigger ones to come) and is a great testament to the quality of fans and the quality of people that have created, moderated, and simply posted on this site over the years. You deserve this so much - each and every one of you and, equally as important, all of you as one.

I truly believe that there will be a lot more to celebrate together in the future - hopefully, as soon as next weekend - and your loyalty continues to be rewarded. I love you all. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:00 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: For those fans who live far from Cincinnati and experience few live interactions with other Bengals fans, the various forms of social media have been a valuable tool to share our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about them with others who love this team. This community in particular was born in 2005 and coincided with a long, unpleasant milestone coming to an end - a 15-year playoff drought. It was a hell of a way to break in the new message board and certainly helped build its foundation.

We all know how that season ended, but our collective standard for this team had been raised. We believed the next step of advancing in the playoffs and a Super Bowl run were not far off and we would celebrate it together. Nearly a decade later, we were still waiting when the rug had been pulled out from under us - the Bengals.com message board was being shut down. A community that had bonded over its pain was at risk of disintegrating. Bengals fans, however, are far more resilient than that.

Bengalholic strived to resurrect this community in its current form and so many of the outstanding members still here today refused to let it die. It was accomplished, among other reasons, for this very moment (and bigger ones to come) and is a great testament to the quality of fans and the quality of people that have created, moderated, and simply posted on this site over the years. You deserve this so much - each and every one of you and, equally as important, all of you as one.

I truly believe that there will be a lot more to celebrate together in the future - hopefully, as soon as next weekend - and your loyalty continues to be rewarded. I love you all. Who Dey!

Well said, Brother!  And we love you too!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:00 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: For those fans who live far from Cincinnati and experience few live interactions with other Bengals fans, the various forms of social media have been a valuable tool to share our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about them with others who love this team. This community in particular was born in 2005 and coincided with a long, unpleasant milestone coming to an end - a 15-year playoff drought. It was a hell of a way to break in the new message board and certainly helped build its foundation.

Classiest fella this side of the Mississippi!

Well said.  Whodey?  Not this year, not yet!
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Great post mate, I was around in the old Bengals.com message boards days. This is my biggest connection to the team being so far away, i don't post a lot as I just don't have the detailed knowledge of the game of most the posters here, having not grown up with the game, but i am here everyday reading and learning about this sport and our great team. I am so proud to be a bengals fan today.
Reply/Quote

Love everyone on here! 

I signed up on the Bengals.com message board when they first opened up, my first username was Judge then later changed to magikod.

Had probably over 20k posts on there when it was shut down. Was worried the community would just die out slowly after time.

Admins, thank you so much for helping keep this community together & going forward and growing to become the active forum it has become. And to anyone who has helped maintain the forums, hosting and all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Cheers
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Thank you, 34. This is a great day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Well said 34 and its been a long long road. But glad I was with you guys from the start.

Some Big Names in here. Can I say hi? XD
Reply/Quote
I am an infrequent poster, but I have been around the board(s) since 2006. I am so glad you guys resurrected the board into this incarnation. Great community filled with even better fans.
Reply/Quote
I’m glad for it. I was on the old board I’m not sure how many years I was there. Probably not too many past 2005 since I had already been watching the team by then. Oddly enough there were a few bengals fans around because of chad Johnson’s popularity at the time. Right now there’s no one except one guy that drives around a bengals striped car somewhere near where I live.

I might not even be a fan of the team still if it wasn’t the message board giving me that connection with the fandom.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:34 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m glad for it. I was on the old board I’m not sure how many years I was there. Probably not too many past 2005 since I had already been watching the team by then. Oddly enough there were a few bengals fans around because of chad Johnson’s popularity at the time. Right now there’s no one except one guy that drives around a bengals striped car somewhere near where I live.

I might not even be a fan of the team still if it wasn’t the message board giving me that connection with the fandom.

I've seen plenty of other teams message boards thru the years.

A lot of the official  ones when they were still were around were terrible, almost like a blog post/comment type format on a lot of them.

Others, you could have custom ranks, avatars, sigs or anything. So Bengals fans have been blessed with great forums but also great forum code.

MyBB.com, which we use here is great. Perfect for new people not familiar with BB code, or forums in general to pretty skilled users and all in-between. Plus we get a lot to personalize for ourselves. OK I'll stop rambling but you get the idea!
Much love  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Great post 34. 

As great as this win was today, what made it even better was this community getting to enjoy it together!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:28 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Classiest fella this side of the Mississippi!

Well said.  Whodey?  Not this year, not yet!

(01-16-2022, 04:49 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Great post 34. 

As great as this win was today, what made it even better was this community getting to enjoy it together!

Nothing taste better than victory. But sharing it is even more filling. 

Just happy I got to share it with everyone on the board, and all Bengals fans across the web.
Reply/Quote
My membership in the board started in 2009, when I was still in Norco, CA (60 mi due east of LA). They used to have a section for "fans in other cities," and that's how I learned about the bar in Pasadena that would have Bengal fan get-togethers during football season. In 2011, I went there for one of the Pittsburgh games (unfortunately it was a beatdown), but it was very fun to be in a whole bar full of people in Bengal fan gear hooting and hollering. Someone even brought Skyline, and even though the cheese was chunky I really enjoyed it. It was the kind of bar where you had your own private flatscreen at every booth.

The bar closed before I left CA in August of 2013, however, although there are probably Bengal rooter clubs in all the big CA cities.
Reply/Quote
[Image: artworks-CSlDvglajp3NyYrd-oXzQfg-t500x500.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:50 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Great post mate, I was around in the old Bengals.com message boards days. This is my biggest connection to the team being so far away, i don't post a lot as I just don't have the detailed knowledge of the game of most the posters here, having not grown up with the game, but i am here everyday reading and learning about this sport and our great team. I am so proud to be a bengals fan today.

I’m in Florida which is nowhere near as far as Australia, UK or any other regions with Bengals fans but it doesn’t seem to be much different as the internet accounts for 95% of my interactions with the team, news and fans. This is by far the most exciting team I’ve seen. And I love how fans across the world all share the same love, hopes, expectations and good times as fans in and around Cincy.
Who Dey from Puerto Rico!!!
Reply/Quote
I am also very thankful for this board! Being in NY for the last 21 years it gives me a connection to my fellow Bengals fans. I think I joined the original BB back in 2005 or 2006.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to DennyG? I always wondered what happened to that guy. He was very active on the old BB, but don't remember him on this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:36 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am also very thankful for this board!  Being in NY for the last 21 years it gives me a connection to my fellow Bengals fans.  I think I joined the original BB back in 2005 or 2006.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to DennyG?   I always wondered what happened to that guy.  He was very active on the old BB, but don't remember him on this one.

Denny & I largely moved on from message boards after the transition. I can't speak for him, but I was kind of burned out, which wasn't helped by awful playoff loss the next season and the rapidly declining state of the franchise thereafter. Twitter had become a more attractive resource for me as it was better suited for my sense of humor and limited my tendency to ramble. I still interact with Denny there. I am also fortunate to consider him a good friend to this day, so we exchange texts & phone calls on occasion. He has continued to be a season ticket holder and was part of that phenomenal crowd yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:50 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Great post mate, I was around in the old Bengals.com message boards days. This is my biggest connection to the team being so far away, i don't post a lot as I just don't have the detailed knowledge of the game of most the posters here, having not grown up with the game, but i am here everyday reading and learning about this sport and our great team. I am so proud to be a bengals fan today.

This right here....this is what it's all about. A great guy with a growing interest in this franchise whose only resource may have been whatever he could find online and he managed to end up here among some amazingly welcoming & generous people to help nurture his fandom. You guys are awesome.

There will be more stories like this in the coming years as our fan base grows. There may be no better place for those new fans than The Bengals Board.
Reply/Quote
Echoing everyone's comments. Great community. One of the first things I do when logging in every morning is check the Board!
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of got burned out by 2015, Joey porter, and a steady decline right after. Kudos to everyone that was able to rough it out better than us
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote