Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Incredibly happy for The Bengals Board
Nice to hear from 34 who was one of my favs on old board. This fan base had every reason to me mad, frustrated and down right depressed but we may not always agree, have our sibling fights but we never gave up.

I salute you all welcome the bes fans that are coming and welcome back those who needed a break

I am stoked for this team and our great fan base

Congrats to all of you
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:15 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: This right here....this is what it's all about. A great guy with a growing interest in this franchise whose only resource may have been whatever he could find online and he managed to end up here among some amazingly welcoming & generous people to help nurture his fandom. You guys are awesome.

There will be more stories like this in the coming years as our fan base grows. There may be no better place for those new fans than The Bengals Board.

I have followed the Bengals since the late 80s, but couldn't really watch games to around 2005, I now haven't missed a game in the last 15 years and have a very good understanding of the game. The area I don't understand as much as most of you guys is defensive structures and strategies, I am learning though.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:00 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: For those fans who live far from Cincinnati and experience few live interactions with other Bengals fans, the various forms of social media have been a valuable tool to share our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about them with others who love this team. This community in particular was born in 2005 and coincided with a long, unpleasant milestone coming to an end - a 15-year playoff drought. It was a hell of a way to break in the new message board and certainly helped build its foundation.

We all know how that season ended, but our collective standard for this team had been raised. We believed the next step of advancing in the playoffs and a Super Bowl run were not far off and we would celebrate it together. Nearly a decade later, we were still waiting when the rug had been pulled out from under us - the Bengals.com message board was being shut down. A community that had bonded over its pain was at risk of disintegrating. Bengals fans, however, are far more resilient than that.

Bengalholic strived to resurrect this community in its current form and so many of the outstanding members still here today refused to let it die. It was accomplished, among other reasons, for this very moment (and bigger ones to come) and is a great testament to the quality of fans and the quality of people that have created, moderated, and simply posted on this site over the years. You deserve this so much - each and every one of you and, equally as important, all of you as one.

I truly believe that there will be a lot more to celebrate together in the future - hopefully, as soon as next weekend - and your loyalty continues to be rewarded. I love you all. Who Dey!

What a beautiful post 34. Thanks for this, love you too brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Weather is great this time of year but it’s waaaaay too crowded out here now.  We will be looking to move out of state in the next couple of years.

A boyfriend I had there got married about a year after I left. He and his wife ended up in Chatanooga, getting a house there this past fall. I would love to have a long conversation with him about how he decided that, but his wife might get really jealous. What always bewildered me was the traffic. I got tickets for me and a different guy to go to Dodger stadium and he said, "We're gonna have to leave at 4:00." What? But he was right. By the time we got off the 101 and parked, we walked through the crowd and barely made it for the first pitch. Nearly three hours to drive 60 miles? 
Reply/Quote
Quote:WychesWarrior Wrote:[url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Incredibly-happy-for-The-Bengals-Board?pid=1146454#pid1146454][/url]He said this board would never last. Welp......

Anyway, great dey indeed my fellow fans. It's been a long time coming. Here's to even more successful runs in the coming seasons. [Image: t0319.gif]
It'll never last..in 10,000,000,000 years there will be no trace whatever this board ever existed. In fact I'm guessing there won't even be a historical record that football ever existed or human beings for that matter. See what we have to look forward to? But hey!  I'm always open to the 10 billion year reunion post..  Who Dey
Just in case the billionth super bowl will be M (with a line over it) times M (with a line over it) I'm sure one of our resident roman numeral affectionato's can figure out how to express 10 billion properly..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: It'll never last..in 10,000,000,000 years there will be no trace whatever this board ever existed. In fact I'm guessing there won't even be a historical record that football ever existed or human beings for that matter. See what we have to look forward to? But hey!  I'm always open to the 10 billion year reunion post..  Who Dey
Just in case the billionth super bowl will be M (with a line over it) times M (with a line over it) I'm sure one of our resident roman numeral affectionato's can figure out how to express 10 billion properly..  Tongue

I love the smell of existential nihilism in the morning.

Smells like...victory.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:43 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: DennyG pessimistic? Wow wee. I definitely remember him for his absolute optimism. As someone that prefers to see the glass half empty like most Bengal fans he got on a lot of their nerves lol

I think he liked dropping the hammer on JoefromFlo... lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: April 1, 2015

[Image: oncemore.png]

and there i am right above him.
I actually won a bet on the old forums and they paid up
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:54 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think he liked dropping the hammer on JoefromFlo... lol

Yeah, that was probably one of the happiest days of his life. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:46 PM)pookdogg7 Wrote: Hell yeah! We finally did it!

Got a text from CloeHokie and decided to start posting again. Been a long time guys, been reading all the while every day but only posted a few times, think the last time was free agency.

Anyway, time to celebrate!!

Welcome back!
Reply/Quote
I've been a guest for years just reading everyone's thoughts. It's nice now to be part of the community.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It was good to see some old names again, like Junglester and his Jonathan Winters avatar, and to see the old "Bengal Great" and "Varsity" status graphics, too. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if he came over under a different name?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
WhoDey and God Bless you all! Its a great day to be a Bengal fan, and see all the old names from the old board in this thread
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It was good to see some old names again, like Junglester and his Jonathan Winters avatar, and to see the old "Bengal Great" and "Varsity" status graphics, too. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if he came over under a different name?

Junglester is guyofthetiger here. Still a regular poster.

It’s weird that we’ve all been communicating across two sites for 10-15 years, but a simple name change can throw off everyone’s perception. It’s both a detriment and benefit of the mostly anonymous posting here.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-were-you-on-the-old-site?pid=2945&highlight=junglester#pid2945
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 12:56 PM)djam Wrote: WhoDey and God Bless you all! Its a great day to be a Bengal fan, and see all the old names from the old board in this thread

Djam, wild, your name brings back old times! Great seeing you still around and we are going to the SUPERBOWL BROTHER! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Djam, wild, your name brings back old times! Great seeing you still around and we are going to the SUPERBOWL BROTHER! Rock On

Yeah, I might be a bit off on this, but I believe djam made me my first sit on the old board way back in the day. Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yeah, I might be a bit off on this, but I believe djam made me my first sig on the old board way back in the day. Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph.

Djam was around before I joined the old boards, could be.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of that. How many fans did we win this year on that board ?

It was quite a close circle for a long time ( and I liked that ) but welcome to everyone.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Im proud of my Joined date. Not proud of my absence.
Reply/Quote