Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indy game thoughts
(09-04-2015, 11:04 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Were we watching the same game? I'll give you he didn't do bad on ST but his running was horrible. The dude didn't even average 2 yards a carry. If wilder doesn't make this team it's a darn shame.

He had that one run where I think the whole line threw "ole" blocks and he lost like ten yards.  Other than that he looked decent running it and good catching it out of the backfield.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the good news is fisher has some time....

But Uzomah didnt do anything to warrent a spot past the PS in my opinion.  Dropping passes was about his highlight of the preseason.

so this is a position i hope we are watching the waiver wire for.  Kroft has had his moments but i see some growing pains there if he plays a lot of snaps this season.

I don't disagree, but I just don't see a TE hitting the waiver wire. The reason I say that is the Pats just traded for a TE I had never heard of so I read that as they don't anticipate a TE hitting the waiver wire.

I do hope we can get Uzomah to the PS as we knew he was a project. I have watched the Steelers games this pre-season (missed last night) an the TE they took Jessie James has also looked slow and horrid in my opinion if it is any consolation
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 03:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This really makes you realize how important Geno has been to our pass rush. Usually 4-3 teams really make pass rushing THE priority with their DE's.

As for Hunt vs Clarke, it's like arguing if Lady Gaga is better than Justin Bieber. They both suck really. I give a slight edge to Clarke due to age. Hunt is close to retirement. I'd hate to see him turn into one of those players that hangs on a year too long, so we should probably cut him and let him ride off into the sunset.

hunt was in the backfield almost all night... But a step or 2 off of finishing a lot of possible neg yardage plays. Still needs a bit of time.. the question now is can we still afford to give him that time.

saw him break thru some double teams to make a tackle and he was in on many plays.

I think hunt makes the roster unless a trade happens... he played DT pretty well taking both blockers to open of the stunt for still who then went untouched for a potential sack(but carter was off sides)
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't disagree, but I just don't see a TE hitting the waiver wire. The reason I say that is the Pats just traded for a TE I had never heard of so I read that as they don't anticipate a TE hitting the waiver wire.

I do hope we can get Uzomah to the PS as we knew he was a project. I have watched the Steelers games this pre-season (missed last night) an the TE they took Jessie James has also looked slow and horrid in my opinion if it is any consolation

lol well it makes me happy we didnt persue the red rifle to jessie james combo.
Reply/Quote
Hunt was the second best looking defensive player last night behind Paul Dawson....how people are saying he's not good is crazy....consistent push in both the run and pass game and always had his eye on the ball. He tracked ball carriers from across the formation and into the secondary he was always around the play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When Kroft went down, I said "he just separated his shoulder".  Thank God that wasn't the case.  Protect yourself better, young man!  We need you for the entire season!

Uzomah seems as lost as Fisher.  I still can't believe they took a flyer on this "athlete" when Nick Boyle was available and is a dominant blocker than can still catch the ball and move the chains (reliable, but not flashy).  Baltimore took him three picks later.  I loved this draft overall, but Fisher and Uzomah disappoint me.

But thinks Hunt  "gets" it

[Image: sheldon-cooper-and-his-papers-o-2.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Hunt was the second best looking defensive player last night behind Paul Dawson....how people are saying he's not good is crazy....consistent push in both the run and pass game and always had his eye on the ball. He tracked ball carriers from across the formation and into the secondary he was always around the play.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

He reminded me of Dunlap a lot last night. I love him, but Dunlap also has trouble finishing, but Dunlap sure creates havoc and why I love him
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Hunt was the second best looking defensive player last night behind Paul Dawson....how people are saying he's not good is crazy....consistent push in both the run and pass game and always had his eye on the ball. He tracked ball carriers from across the formation and into the secondary he was always around the play.

Hunt looked "ok" against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Put him in a real game for any amount of snaps at all and he will all but disappear.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hunt looked "ok" against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Put him in a real game for any amount of snaps at all and he will all but disappear.

Wrong. One, Indy played most of their starting offensive linemen a lot last night. Two, everyone played against backups are you going to say Paul Dawson Omly looked good because it was backups? No. Face it Hunt was the second best defensive player on the field last night.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hunt looked "ok" against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Put him in a real game for any amount of snaps at all and he will all but disappear.

Because Clarke has flashed???

Say what you want about Hunt but I would rather keep a guy who can get in the backfield and needs coaching on finishing than a guy that does not at least flash.

When you are making arguments for the back end of the roster especially on a team that will employ a heavy rotation on DL.
I would roll the dice on the guy that has the biggest chance to flash in limited snaps.

Sorry but I prefer Hunt>Clark   and   Williams> Still/Thompson for this reason alone.

As for the talent of opponent argument........
Carter and Williams have flashed mainly against backup talent as well.... wheres the knock there?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hunt was in the backfield almost all night... But a step or 2 off of finishing a lot of possible neg yardage plays.  Still needs a bit of time.. the question now is can we still afford to give him that time.    

saw him break thru some double teams to make a tackle and he was in on many plays.

I think hunt makes the roster unless a trade happens... he played DT pretty well taking both blockers to open of the stunt for still who then went untouched for a potential sack(but carter was off sides)

We saw this show last preseason, when led the preseason in sacks (against scrubs), then did nothing in regular season. Hunt is 28 years old. If he still needs time to develop (this is his 3rd year), what are we going to get in a best case scenario? 1 or 2 good seasons from him? It's time to cut bait. We have too many players with genuine potential to keep a 28 year old project.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:57 AM)Synric Wrote: Wrong. One, Indy played most of their starting offensive linemen a lot last night. Two, everyone played against backups are you going to say Paul Dawson Omly looked good because it was backups? No. Face it Hunt was the second best defensive player on the field last night.

Hunt is the age of a 7 year Vet ! He has to have "it" now and he doesn't. Forget the fact that he can bulrush 21 year olds and win, and look at the technique and the ability to close once he gets there.

He hesitates once he gets there, his football IQ is low. His only game is overpower the OT and that's not going to work against NFL starters like it does against backups in a preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

He reminded me of Dunlap a lot last night. I love him, but Dunlap also has trouble finishing, but Dunlap sure creates havoc and why I love him

[Image: 3gcbh4d.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hunt is the age of a 7 year Vet ! He has to have "it" now and he doesn't. Forget the fact that he can bulrush 21 year olds and win, and look at the technique and the ability to close once he gets there.

He hesitates once he gets there, his football IQ is low. His only game is overpower the OT and that's not going to work against NFL starters like it does against backups in a preseason game.

The backup line is getting old. All players go against backups in the preseason. In fact Indy played 3 of their 5 starting linemen for the entire first half including their starting RT.

Lol and come on how else are you supposed to set the edge without a power move? this is getting silly.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:50 PM)Synric Wrote: The backup line is getting old. All players go against backups in the preseason. In fact Indy played 3 of their 5 starting linemen for the entire first half including their starting RT.

Lol and come on how else are you supposed to set the edge without a power move? this is getting silly.

Perhaps I'm wrong ? But to me Hunt has a limited skillset which isn't going to get any better. He's a decent backup at best and isn't going to improve enough, soon enough, to cut younger/better upside players to keep him.

We will see soon enough I guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:50 PM)Synric Wrote: The backup line is getting old. All players go against backups in the preseason. In fact Indy played 3 of their 5 starting linemen for the entire first half including their starting RT.

Except he doesn't set the edge. 
He doesn't get off blocks. 
He doesn't finish plays.
He has incredibly tight hips. 
He makes his mind up pre-snap about 50% of the time and they just let him out run the play. 
Reply/Quote
Why are we still talking about Margus, what's left to say?

If he made it, which wouldn't be too surprising, someone got screwed.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We saw this show last preseason, when led the preseason in sacks (against scrubs), then did nothing in regular season. Hunt is 28 years old. If he still needs time to develop (this is his 3rd year), what are we going to get in a best case scenario? 1 or 2 good seasons from him? It's time to cut bait. We have too many players with genuine potential to keep a 28 year old project.

hunt was hurt most of last season...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Except he doesn't set the edge. 
He doesn't get off blocks. 
He doesn't finish plays.
He has incredibly tight hips. 
He makes his mind up pre-snap about 50% of the time and they just let him out run the play. 

Umm yes he did set the edge and made a few backside plays showing vision. He doesn't have the best pass rush moves but that comes with snaps which he missed out on last year due to injury. And 50% of the time he's rushing his gap as dictated by the play. I understand the arguments against he's older but has very little wear and tear. He's raw as a football player but has showed decent vision for the amount of football snaps he's taken in his career. He's definitely a guy that can get good push in both the rushing and passing defense without getting over powered while Dunlap takes breathers.

Who do you think should backup LDE?

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Umm yes he did set the edge and made a few backside plays showing vision. He doesn't have the best pass rush moves but that comes with snaps which he missed out on last year due to injury.  And 50% of the time he's rushing his gap as dictated by the play.  I understand the arguments against he's older but has very little wear and tear. He's raw as a football player but has showed decent vision for the amount of football snaps he's taken in his career.  He's definitely a guy that can get good push in both the rushing and passing defense without getting over powered while Dunlap takes breathers.

Who do you think should backup LDE?

It doesn't come with snaps. It comes with talent. He lacks it. 
I have rewatched 3/4 Q today...his great plays came 1. Unblocked and 2. vs the back up TE. 
He was routinely stopped by the TE.
He was also washed out of several plays. It looks nice but when you actually watch the play and pay attention, he made his mind up about where he was going. The OL did what it should. Take him there, just let him run himself out of the play. 

He wasn't picking Estonian daisies. He was still playing track. He was still power lifting. Demanding on the knees. 
He didn't show any vision. He routinely missed plays. Routinely. He often watched as the RB ran by him. Or the QB. 

He made one good play all game. On a stunt. Because it freed up another lineman. 
Reply/Quote