Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indy game thoughts
(09-04-2015, 01:25 AM)EatonFan Wrote: While Hunt had his moments it is clear he has no speed.  

What has Clarke done to make this team???

He certainly had no speed by the end of the game.   He played a LOT of snaps for a guy who has done nothing for six months.

I agree about Clarke.  I does an inferior job getting pressure and does a poor job of setting the edge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:34 PM)3wt Wrote: He certainly had no speed by the end of the game.   He played a LOT of snaps for a guy who has done nothing for six months.

I agree about Clarke.  I does an inferior job getting pressure and does a poor job of setting the edge.

Better at it than Hunt. 

Also, Clarke is a 24 year old 2nd year player.
Hunt is a 28 year old 3rd year player.

I seriously cannot believe the Hunt-truthers have me defending Will ***** Clarke of all people. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It doesn't come with snaps. It comes with talent. He lacks it. 
I have rewatched 3/4 Q today...his great plays came 1. Unblocked and 2. vs the back up TE. 
He was routinely stopped by the TE.
He was also washed out of several plays. It looks nice but when you actually watch the play and pay attention, he made his mind up about where he was going. The OL did what it should. Take him there, just let him run himself out of the play. 

He wasn't picking Estonian daisies. He was still playing track. He was still power lifting. Demanding on the knees. 
He didn't show any vision. He routinely missed plays. Routinely. He often watched as the RB ran by him. Or the QB. 

He made one good play all game. On a stunt. Because it freed up another lineman. 

Have to agree to disagree. He had push the entire night and was a handful at both end and tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Have to agree to disagree. He had push the entire night and was a handful at both end and tackle.

Okay. I literally just re-watched 3/4 of the game and saw none of that. But it's clear your mind is made up.  
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:34 PM)3wt Wrote: He certainly had no speed by the end of the game.   He played a LOT of snaps for a guy who has done nothing for six months.

Clarke was held ALOT last night and it wasn't called.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:43 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Okay. I literally just re-watched 3/4 of the game and saw none of that. But it's clear your mind is made up.  

Its not like he doesn't have a positive grade against both the run in the pass game up until this point by PFF. While he's not making huge splash plays he's obviously doing something right. But please continue.

Reply/Quote
When the 3rd string QB turns into 2004 Mike Vick

Don't let his hands inside, he's useless

Guessing, got washed out of the play

Stonewalled by the TE

TE again keeps Hunt from making the play

Unblocked and Dawson has to finish it.

Finally beats the TE, slips off the tackle, oh look there's Will Clarke getting off the block of the OT to finish the play
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:43 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Okay. I literally just re-watched 3/4 of the game and saw none of that. But it's clear your mind is made up.  

Let's see how PFF ranks all of these guys or better yet, let's see the final roster and then go from there because no one is changing views at this point.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Its not like he doesn't have a positive grade against both the run in the pass game up until this point by PFF. While he's not making huge splash plays he's obviously doing something right. But please continue.

Because of how PFF grades. They don't care he's a 28 year old with 3 years experience beating up roster bubble guys with literally no technique. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We saw this show last preseason, when led the preseason in sacks (against scrubs), then did nothing in regular season. Hunt is 28 years old. If he still needs time to develop (this is his 3rd year), what are we going to get in a best case scenario? 1 or 2 good seasons from him? It's time to cut bait. We have too many players with genuine potential to keep a 28 year old project.

Hunt's biggest problem in the regular season is that he's constantly hurt and technique poor.  His upside is still obvious, and certainly outshone Clarke who has been getting all the props.

But Hunt's age and propensity for injury are his biggest problems.  If we knew he could stay healthy I'd take him over Clarke.  Youth is not a good enough reason to keep Clarke.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Let's see how PFF ranks all of these guys or better yet, let's see the final roster and then go from there because no one is changing views at this point.

I just posted video evidence.

Here's how you rush the passer: 
 Swat the hands, dip the shoulder, bend the edge
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because of how PFF grades. They don't care he's a 28 year old with 3 years experience beating up roster bubble guys with literally no technique. 

Isnt Carter a 26 year old linebacker that can't play linebacker with 3 years of experience that is beating roster bubble guys? Confused

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:51 PM)3wt Wrote: Hunt's biggest problem in the regular season is that he's constantly hurt and technique poor.  His upside is still obvious, and certainly outshone Clarke who has been getting all the props.

But Hunt's age and propensity for injury are his biggest problems.  If we knew he could stay healthy I'd take him over Clarke.  Youth is not a good enough reason to keep Clarke.

...he's 28. He's shown zero improvement in the technique department in 3 years. 
No one has given Clarke "all the props"

And yes youth is a reason. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Isnt Carter a 26 year old linebacker that can't play linebacker with 3 years of experience that is beating roster bubble guys? Confused

No. 
He's been beating first string and second string all season using good sound technique. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Better at it than Hunt. 

Also, Clarke is a 24 year old 2nd year player.
Hunt is a 28 year old 3rd year player.

I seriously cannot believe the Hunt-truthers have me defending Will ***** Clarke of all people. 

And therein lies the problem.  Neither one of them are good players.  I think Hunt flashes more, but I would not be disappointed if Williams beat him out.

But for this year age is not a consideration between the two.  Clarke will likely stay healthy... there's that.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:57 PM)3wt Wrote: And therein lies the problem.  Neither one of them are good players.  I think Hunt flashes more, but I would not be disappointed if Williams beat him out.

But for this year age is not a consideration between the two.  Clarke will likely stay healthy... there's that.

Why is age not a consideration? Stop throwing out a very big factor in this. 

No neither of them will be very good. Especially at rushing the passer. No bend. 
But Clarke has shown some progress and is 4 years younger. 

Hunt's flashes are an illusion. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No. 
He's been beating first string and second string all season using good sound technique. 

lol sure guy. Margus hunt didn't take a single snap against anyone good all preseason but Carter did.... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: lol sure guy. Margus hunt didn't take a single snap against anyone good all preseason but Carter did.... ThumbsUp

Didn't say that. Just said Carter was beating them with good technique. Hunt wasn't. 

Ignoring the videos? Okay buddy.

Faced with evidence, deny! deny! deny! 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: ...he's 28. He's shown zero improvement in the technique department in 3 years.  True
No one has given Clarke "all the props" Most (not all) the beat writers have crowed about his improvement this year after putting on the added weight

And yes youth is a reason. Next year maybe.   Lord willing they'll both be replaced next year.  This year, who cares?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: When the 3rd string QB turns into 2004 Mike Vick

Don't let his hands inside, he's useless

Guessing, got washed out of the play

Stonewalled by the TE

TE again keeps Hunt from making the play

Unblocked and Dawson has to finish it.

Finally beats the TE, slips off the tackle, oh look there's Will Clarke getting off the block of the OT to finish the play

(09-04-2015, 01:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I just posted video evidence.

Here's how you rush the passer: 
 Swat the hands, dip the shoulder, bend the edge

(09-04-2015, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: lol sure guy. Margus hunt didn't take a single snap against anyone good all preseason but Carter did.... ThumbsUp

Care to discuss any of this? 

Or are you just having fun strawmanning? 
Reply/Quote