Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injuries-Divisional Playoff Week
Per Zac

Trey Hendrickson is progressing positively through the concussion protocal. so it sounds like no setbacks so far.

Josh Tupou is practicing but today will be limited...fingers crossed that there is no setbacks

Larry Ogunjobi, on IR, will have surgery on the injured foot, so any hope of getting him back in 3 weeks is gone. He must have torn a ligament

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Trey has to show no symptoms all week essentially to be able to play, so if he's not showing them Tuesday that should be a good sign.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:00 PM)pally Wrote: Per Zac

Trey Hendrickson is progressing positively through the concussion protocal. so it sounds like no setbacks so far.

Josh Tupou is practicing but today will be limited...fingers crossed that there is no setbacks

Larry Ogunjobi, on IR, will have surgery on the injured foot, so any hope of getting him back in 3 weeks is gone.  He must have torn a ligament

Good update. 

Was hoping a reporter would ask about Wren & Daniels, or Hilton, but no such luck.  

I know ZT said Daniels was out, but did he mean just this week or for the year? 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good update. 

Was hoping a reporter would ask about Wren & Daniels, or Hilton, but no such luck.  

I know ZT said Daniels was out, but did he mean just this week or for the year? 

I was annoyed no one asked about Wren either.  Hopefully, we well know something more from practice.  

I got the impression that Daniels was out for an indeterminate time.  Groin pulls can be tricky for linemen.

Mike Hilton was injured?  I don't recall anything from Saturday and haven't seen anything in the media about him

Reply/Quote
Good news on Trey and Tupou. We really need them both back with the injuries to the D line.

If there were a game we had to lose Trey for this would be it IMO. Don’t expect the titans to throw a lot unless they are down big late. He’s a better pass rusher than run stuffer. Still huge to have him out there if he can go.

I expect him to go. Even if he was having issues I doubt he’d admit it. Should but doubt he would. As much as they want to take head injuries out of players hands they’ll always have some choice in the matter unless you just say any concussion is an automatic 14 days out minimum/etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:18 PM)pally Wrote: I was annoyed no one asked about Wren either.  Hopefully, we well know something more from practice.  

I got the impression that Daniels was out for an indeterminate time.  Groin pulls can be tricky for linemen.

Mike Hilton was injured?  I don't recall anything from Saturday and haven't seen anything in the media about him

I believe Hilton played through it later in the Raiders game so hopefully he’s good to go Saturday
Reply/Quote
The way concussion protocols work is that they should have had him in to do some light work yesterday, like running on a treadmill or bike and looking for regression. Today you should see Hendrickson over on the rehab field do additional position specific drills with trainer. Tomorrow should be limited with Hendrickson in shells going through drills but not full speed. Thursday if he doesn't regress you should be looking for full participant.

This can slide a day either way depending on how quickly he p[progresses but if we get to Thursday and haven't seen limited yet we are in trouble.
Reply/Quote

Trey Hendrickson is progressing positively through the concussion protocol. so it sounds like no setbacks so far.

Larry Ogunjobi, on IR, will have surgery on the injured foot, so any hope of getting him back in 3 weeks is gone.  He must have torn a ligament

That's hopeful news on Hendrickson and Tupou. Made my day. I hope by Thursday they both can be cleared.
Reply/Quote
So far, so good
Reply/Quote
Trey is in uniform and is participating in the stretching portion of practice

There is also a mystery player wearing #62 at practice. Currently, no player has that number. We may see an announcement later today

Reply/Quote
Unreal news about Hendrickson. I really think he ends up playing Saturday.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Depending on the severity of the injury and timeline for the surgery, it might affect his FA. Either how quickly he's signed, how much he's offered, or both.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hendrickson out there stretching and in uniform. So that’s good, even if he’s limited.
Reply/Quote

Larry Ogunjobi, on IR, will have surgery on the injured foot, so any hope of getting him back in 3 weeks is gone. He must have torn a ligament

This is the mechanism of injury for Ogonjobi explained if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/4Wu_mAa_WxM
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:42 PM)pally Wrote: Trey is in uniform and is participating in the stretching portion of practice

There is also a mystery player wearing #62 at practice.  Currently, no player has that number.  We may see an announcement later today

Does this mean he's cleared for game day then or is that still to be determined? I don't know if you're allowed to practice or not when going through the protocol.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/status/1483509911111839744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1483511804408090627%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.bengalszone.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FCharlieG__%2Fstatus%2F1483511804408090627%3Fs%3D20

This dude is playing. He's in on d-line drills.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Does this mean he's cleared for game day then or is that still to be determined? I don't know if you're allowed to practice or not when going through the protocol.

Still to be determined.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:55 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/status/1483509911111839744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1483511804408090627%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.bengalszone.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FCharlieG__%2Fstatus%2F1483511804408090627%3Fs%3D20

This dude is playing. He's in on d-line drills.

"Hendrickson is currently going through defensive line drills, which is a really great sign for his availability."

LFG!!!! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:42 PM)pally Wrote: Trey is in uniform and is participating in the stretching portion of practice

There is also a mystery player wearing #62 at practice.  Currently, no player has that number.  We may see an announcement later today

So according to an earlier post from WCU, this sounds like step 3 (light exercise) of the 5-steps needed to get through the protocol. As a poster above noted, he could proceed to number 4 tomorrow and number 5 on Thursday, if no setbacks. Very hopeful indeed.

1. All symptoms have to have disappeared.

2. Return to "normal" activity without symptoms.
3. Light exercise without symptoms.
4. Heavy exercise without symptoms.
5. Full practice without symptoms.
Reply/Quote