Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury update-week 16
DJ Reader- "doesn't look good" media was reporting a serious quad injury

Ja'Marr Chase-no information...the injury happened so late in the game that no imaging has been done yet

DJ Ivey-no update

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader- "doesn't look good" media was reporting a serious quad injury

DJ Ivey-no update

I’m glad it’s not a knee. On a guy that size. Even harder to rehab.

Ivey was crying for a reason. Probably a season ending knee or something.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones?

Hope he's good.

Not his fault.
Reply/Quote
Have a feeling we won’t see Reader or Ivey again this season which sucks. I couldn’t tell but it looked like Chase had a sling on under his jacket???
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:46 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: Charlie Jones?

Hope he's good.

Not his fault.

He walked off...I think he just had the breathe knocked out of him

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:44 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m glad it’s not a knee. On a guy that size. Even harder to rehab.

Ivey was crying for a reason. Probably a season ending knee or something.

Can be sure. look how Trevor Lawrence was apoplectic, threw down his helmet, had to be helped off the field, and ended up playing the next game. 

At any rate, injuries happen to every team. I never expected the Bengals to hold on 3rd and inches and 4th and inches in overtime without Reader, but they found a way.
Reply/Quote
With a quad injury, I would expect Reader to be out for the rest of the year. A bad day for DJ’s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Can be sure. look how Trevor Lawrence was apoplectic, threw down his helmet, had to be helped off the field, and ended up playing the next game. 

At any rate, injuries happen to every team. I never expected the Bengals to hold on 3rd and inches and 4th and inches in overtime without Reader, but they found a way.

Trevor acted like his leg needed to be amputated
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Can be sure. look how Trevor Lawrence was apoplectic, threw down his helmet, had to be helped off the field, and ended up playing the next game. 

Good point and and great use of the word apoplectic. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:46 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: Charlie Jones?

Hope he's good.

Not his fault.

They need to make that a penalty (throwing a blocker into a Fair Catcher).

Someone's going to get seriously hurt if teams start purposely doing that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
These injuries have killed us but they are ironically why we’ve been able to win without Burrow
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They need to make that a penalty (throwing a blocker into a Fair Catcher).

Someone's going to get seriously hurt if teams start purposely doing that.

I agree. What's the difference between a gunner flying in and popping you before you catch it or someone being shoved into you?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:47 PM)pally Wrote: He walked off...I think he just had the breathe knocked out of him
He looked a little wobbly to me when he finally got up.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Trevor acted like his leg needed to be amputated

Yeah they kept showing him baby stepping his way to the locker room. I heard the joke somewhere that they have a billion golf carts in florida but couldn't get one for Trevor. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:58 PM)pally Wrote:

I was assuming it was serious as quick as they had him changed and out. But players play thru shoulder stuff all the time so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:58 PM)Danimal Wrote: With a quad injury, I would expect Reader to be out for the rest of the year. A bad day for DJ’s.

depending on the severity, he can be out for a portion of next season as well

Reply/Quote
This really sucks for both the team AND Reader moving forward. Isn't this his second quad injury since being here? Coming up on age 30 and looking for another contract. I feel so damn bad for him. I expect Tufule to be a gameday-active moving forward. Don't we have a DT stashed on the PS as well? DT room is gonna have to step up big time in Reader's absence!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:12 PM)pally Wrote: depending on the severity, he can be out for a portion of next season as well

It's going to be interesting how it affects free agency. Reader would have been a solid resign even at his age but thr Bengals don't have a nose tackle for 2024 and Reader could miss part of that season?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote