Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injury updates week 17
La'el Collins-the team did not confirm the ACL/MCL tears but Zac is "not optimistic" for his return this season. Adeniji will start in his place

Sam Hubbard- is out of the boot and has graduated to day-to-day

Hayden Hurst- kept out the extra week out of caution but we should see him this week

Other than La'el (and that is a big one) no other injuries from the Patriots game. So send all sorts of healing thoughts to Sam, so he can play on Monday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great news on everyone but Collins.

Weird that the team did not confirm the ACL/MCL tear. Is there any possibility that the "tears" are really sprains? Yes, I know sprains are really tears that are less severe. Just trying to wrap my head around the non-confirmation. And the Bengals categorizing the tears as sprains is the best I could come up with.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Great news on everyone but Collins.  

Weird that the team did not confirm the ACL/MCL tear. Is there any possibility that the "tears" are really sprains? Yes, I know sprains are really tears that are less severe. Just trying to wrap my head around the non-confirmation. And the Bengals categorizing the tears as sprains is the best I could come up with.

Zac said they're 'still gathering information'.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Great news on everyone but Collins.  

Swelling can interfere with the clarity of the  images.  Usually, though the injuries are worse than the images show not better.  

Reply/Quote
The depth just a few years ago was so awful. I realize Joey Franchise and Chase get the lions share of the credit for this team but the depth is a huge component
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
That’s 2 knee injuries this team
Has to play through
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:20 PM)pally Wrote: La'el Collins-the team did not confirm the ACL/MCL tears but Zac is "not optimistic" for his return this season.  Adeniji will start in his place

Sam Hubbard- is out of the boot and has graduated to day-to-day

Hayden Hurst- kept out the extra week out of caution but we should see him this week

Other than La'el (and that is a big one) no other injuries from the Patriots game.  So send all sorts of healing thoughts to Sam, so he can play on Monday

Great news on Hurst and hopeful signs on Hubbard.

Good to hear from Pally on another thread that Adeniji actually was getting first-team reps on Wednesdays all season as that day Collins has off. Will help transition.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 07:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Great news on Hurst and hopeful signs on Hubbard.

Good to hear from Pally on another thread that Adeniji actually was getting first-team reps on Wednesdays all season as that day Collins has off. Will help transition.

Well 1st team reps in preseason did not help the oline for 1st 4 to 6 games. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 07:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Great news on Hurst and hopeful signs on Hubbard.

True that, that is a quiet positive that should really help keep the continuity of the OL intact and much smoother.

(12-27-2022, 10:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well 1st team reps in preseason did not help the oline for 1st 4 to 6 games. 

WTF Well yeah, but none of that matters now. What matters is now is how Adeniji fills in for La'el Collins...
Reply/Quote
Good news

SAM Hubbard is participating in position drills. Everyone but Collins is practicing. And even he is out there watching

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
I don't feel great about Collins future as a Bengal (if) he did tear his ACL/MCL.

Injury happened late in the season, and he has shown an inability to recover super well from major injuries. The Bengals can cup him with basically no penalty. Going to be super interesting what they do at that spot next year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't feel great about Collins future as a Bengal (if) he did tear his ACL/MCL.

Injury happened late in the season, and he has shown an inability to recover super well from major injuries. The Bengals can cup him with basically no penalty. Going to be super interesting what they do at that spot next year.

I feel like OT has to be priority #1 this offseason right? Unfortunately, this draft class appears to be weaker in terms of OTs. At least that is what I have heard. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Awesome news on Hubbard! Way earlier than I expected..
If he can go.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Pretty sure Hayden has declared himself ready every week since he's been hurt. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Injury Report 12/29

DNP
La'el Collins-knee per Zac heading for IR later this week

Limited
Sam Hubbard-Calf

that's it everyone else was a full participant including Hayden Hurst and Jalen Davis who were inactive last week due to their injuries

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Sounds like great news and we need him.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Great news we could use Hubbard and Hurst BOTH for this one!! Will be a slug-fest

Anyone know how Buffalo’s health is?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: Great news we could use Hubbard and Hurst BOTH for this one!!  Will be a slug-fest

Anyone know how Buffalo’s health is?

DNP 

WR Stefon Diggs-illness
FS Jordan Pryor-knee
RB-Talwan Jones-hamstring

Limited
DE  Boogie Basham-calf
TE  Dawson Knox-hip
LB  Matt Milano-knee
NT Jordan Phillips-shoulder

Reply/Quote