Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-11-2015, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'll continue to enjoy my zombie shows on TV but i'll never worry about it really happening. 

That was a cool vid though. ThumbsUp

I was kind of in hurry when I posted that first vid. Was looking for the best quality and didn't actually watch it all the way through. I figured it touched on what I wanted it to. But it didn't. In that first video the ants were basically under mind control from their alien body invaders. They climb to a high point so that when the fungus spores erupt they can spread as far as possible, the vid I linked kinda missed that part.

This next one isn't a fungi parasite. But it is still a parasite which mind controls ants. And is comes from another thing us humans eat, snails. But this time the target is a mammal. I'm not a biologist but I am a mammal. Either way a parasite has mind control capability over a living thing. Kinda like a zombie.

Keep hoping it stays as fiction. I will be hoping science is properly funded so we can continue fighting for survival as a species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSUU3E9ZoM

I guess you could say I am in no hurry to meet your God, the creator of all everything, who is responsible for parasitic monstrosities and viruses/bacteria that wreck human life. Oh and cancer, because slow painful death for a small child is obviously what an all powerful God would do with its power.
(06-12-2015, 01:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess you could say I am in no hurry to meet your God, 
You may not have to.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-12-2015, 02:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You may not have to.

Other than natural causes I am not sure there is anything responsible for more deaths in my lifetime than "religion". A lot of the morals and lessons religion supposedly teaches are great. When it comes down to it, the way I live my life is more favorable to your God than all those people who think paying off Creflo Dollar makes them special, or praying every Sunday because they did ugly shit the other 6 days of the week that needs forgiveness.

I would love for there to be a God. But I don't know that there is, nor does anyone else. So in the meantime science will continue to give us real answers.
(06-11-2015, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So was it science or the Bible that claimed a flat earth and Geocentric Universe?

I do agree with your assertion that science continues to prove science wrong.

Science used math to calculate that shape and size of the earth. Can you prove that the flat earth theory was scientifically articulated?
(06-11-2015, 09:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know Science doesn't take a stance. I'm talking about the people that don't believe in ID. Those that would say there's no such thing, while ignoring the structure of how the Universe is put together, believing that everything came from nothing. There's plenty of them out there.

I don't believe in ID, yet I also do not ignore the structure of the universe.

How does the existence of forces like gravity prove ID? 

I could just as easily say that your god is so complex that is proof that he had to be created by another intelligent force.  How could such a complex god come from nothing?
(06-11-2015, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So was it science or the Bible that claimed a flat earth and Geocentric Universe?

Was it science or religion that imprisoned or executed people for their cosmological beliefs?

It has been > 400 years since Giordano Bruno was burnt at the stake and the Church won't admit they made a mistake lest they give the impression the Church's judgment is fallible.
(06-12-2015, 04:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't believe in ID, yet I also do not ignore the structure of the universe.

I could just as easily say that your god is so complex that is proof that he had to be created by another intelligent force.  How could such a complex god come from nothing?

That's what I could never understand:  we "complex" humans need a supernatural explanation, and yet God "was just there".  

It stands to reason then that we are more complex than God.  
(06-07-2015, 08:47 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And eventually we'll get to the point where people are clearly crazy for believing God created this because scientists all agree it was "just there".

"Just there" like God?
(06-11-2015, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, you were actually the one that brought up the erroneous theories of flat earth and Geocentric Universe and used them in the same sentence as religious explinations.

Those were general beliefs present at the time, including those of many scientists. But we eventually discovered them to be incorrect. At that point scientists changed their previous beliefs based upon the new evidence. Religious believers refuse to change their beliefs, even in the face of new evidence. Either that comparison escaped you, or you are refusing to adapt to the evidence....which explains your need for religion.
(06-07-2015, 10:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: One of the big questions in biogenesis was how did chemicals combine to form information containing molecules such as RNA. These scientists think they have uncovered an intermediate step. It doesn't solve the question, but brings us one step closer to understanding how life began:

By showing that it's possible for tRNA to discriminate between molecules, and that the links can work without "help," Carter thinks he's found a way for the information storage of chemical structures like tRNA to have arisen — a crucial piece of passing on genetic traits. Combined with the work on amino acids and temperature, it offers insight into how early life might have evolved.

This work still doesn't answer the ultimate question of how life began, but it does show a mechanism for the appearance of the genetic codes that pass on inherited traits, which got evolution rolling.

http://news.yahoo.com/origin-life-story-may-found-missing-123319318.html

Yes, but is there video proof of it?  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

(06-11-2015, 01:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Science can adapt as new discoveries are made, and you equate that with a bad thing?

(06-11-2015, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, you were actually the one that brought up the erroneous theories of flat earth and Geocentric Universe and used them in the same sentence as religious explinations.

Perhaps it was you that was attempting to equate religious explinations with a bad thing.

(06-12-2015, 10:56 AM)Beaker Wrote: Those were general beliefs present at the time, including those of many scientists. But we eventually discovered them to be incorrect. At that point scientists changed their previous beliefs based upon the new evidence. Religious believers refuse to change their beliefs, even in the face of new evidence. Either that comparison escaped you, or you are refusing to adapt to the evidence....which explains your need for religion.

[Image: what_would_change_your_mind.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2015, 10:56 AM)Beaker Wrote: Those were general beliefs present at the time, including those of many scientists. But we eventually discovered them to be incorrect. At that point scientists changed their previous beliefs based upon the new evidence. Religious believers refuse to change their beliefs, even in the face of new evidence. Either that comparison escaped you, or you are refusing to adapt to the evidence....which explains your need for religion.

I believe the earth is round and not the center of the universe.

(06-12-2015, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I believe the earth is round and not the center of the universe.

At one point the Church would execute as a heretic for such beliefs.
(06-12-2015, 06:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: At one point the Church would execute as a heretic for such beliefs.

Yes they would and at one point Doctors thought a good bleeding would cure most things.

Should folks stop being Doctors?

(06-12-2015, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes they would and at one point Doctors thought a good bleeding would cure most things.

Should folks stop being Doctors?

And they abandoned that practice as they gained more knowledge.  It's said half of what you learn about medicine while in school will be proven false by the end of your career. However, you aren't burnt at the stake for having a different opinion.

In 2015, the Church still refuses to admit burning Bruno to death at the stake was a mistake.

Still. Not. A. Mistake.

Because they don't want people to believe the Church makes mistakes. So burning Bruno was the absolute right thing to do. . . still in 2015.
(06-12-2015, 01:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was kind of in hurry when I posted that first vid. Was looking for the best quality and didn't actually watch it all the way through. I figured it touched on what I wanted it to. But it didn't. In that first video the ants were basically under mind control from their alien body invaders. They climb to a high point so that when the fungus spores erupt they can spread as far as possible, the vid I linked kinda missed that part.

This next one isn't a fungi parasite. But it is still a parasite which mind controls ants. And is comes from another thing us humans eat, snails. But this time the target is a mammal. I'm not a biologist but I am a mammal. Either way a parasite has mind control capability over a living thing. Kinda like a zombie.

Keep hoping it stays as fiction. I will be hoping science is properly funded so we can continue fighting for survival as a species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSUU3E9ZoM

I guess you could say I am in no hurry to meet your God, the creator of all everything, who is responsible for parasitic monstrosities and viruses/bacteria that wreck human life. Oh and cancer, because slow painful death for a small child is obviously what an all powerful God would do with its power.

I guess when no one is guaranteed anything in life and a young child who has suffered enough is rewarded with an eternity in a paradise with no sadness or pain, i can see how it's perceived as so terrible that they had to go through it. (touch of sarcasm there but nothing malicious)

To be clear, it is terrible for any child to have to go through that and terrible for a parent to have to witness it. I just don't have the same shortsightedness that some do and believe the moment is greater, or more relevant, than the end.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-12-2015, 04:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't believe in ID, yet I also do not ignore the structure of the universe.

I would say there is a likely-hood that if only a small number of things needed to be a specific way, i'd agree that randomness was a real possibility. The sheer number of things that need to be a specific way for life to exist and thrive--as well as for the Universe to operate the way it does--lessens that likely-hood, in my mind, to zilch.

Complexity is in the eye of the beholder. A being that could create the Universe and life probably couldn't be comprehended fully by a life-form they created who can't do something as simple as follow a couple easy suggestions like 'don't kill each other'. And probably chuckles at that simple being trying to rationalize timelessness.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Science is a bit slow sometimes, so don't go giving them too much credit...

Isaiah 40:22-
22  It is he who sits above the circle of the earth,

Proverbs 8:27-
27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,

There are a lot of dumb men on the earth. If they chose to believe the earth was flat, regardless of belief, they're just dummies. 

And they should read the bible more.  Cool

(06-12-2015, 08:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Science is a bit slow sometimes, so don't go giving them too much credit...

Isaiah 40:22-
22  It is he who sits above the circle of the earth,

Proverbs 8:27-
27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,

There are a lot of dumb men on the earth. If they chose to believe the earth was flat, regardless of belief, they're just dummies. 

And they should read the bible more.  Cool

So you are making the leap that because a bible verse has the word "circle" in it, the bible declared the Earth was round? Not buying it. The generality of bible verses is what allows for so many interpretations. That is a great example of claiming a general verse is a specific explanation.
(06-12-2015, 08:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: So you are making the leap that because a bible verse has the word "circle" in it, the bible declared the Earth was round? Not buying it. The generality of bible verses is what allows for so many interpretations. That is a great example of claiming a general verse is a specific explanation.

Flat and circle are two different things. No need for leaps there.

I'll be happy to concede if you can show me where the bible says the earth is flat.

On a side note; i like how the writers of the old testament were so smart and able to predict the future that they were able to disguise bible verses so well that over the span of centuries, there wouldn't be a clear instance where something was stated that was proven to be scientifically false. That's not even speaking on the fact that the bible was written centuries ago, yet it's still followed and believed by so many millions of people over the span of time. 

Craziness, i tell ya.