Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Irv Smith a Bengal
(04-04-2023, 04:08 PM)higgy100 Wrote: As long as Burrow is the QB the chances are far far greater he's a boom and walks into a multi year deal with somebody just the way CJ and Hurst did.

Sorry neither CJ and Hurstvwere boom. A better TE is goi g to impos though I do think CJ gave us a bigger middle threat but we have yet to have a impact TE and with our futurecWR core up in air, I like to gra. A nice TE in draft 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry neither CJ and Hurstvwere boom. A better TE is goi g to impos though I do think CJ gave us a bigger middle threat but we have yet to have a impact TE and with our futurecWR core up in air, I like to gra. A nice TE in draft 

Drunk posting is bad, mmkay?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry neither CJ and Hurstvwere boom. A better TE is goi g to impos though I do think CJ gave us a bigger middle threat but we have yet to have a impact TE and with our futurecWR core up in air, I like to gra. A nice TE in draft 

Not sure what you're trying to say point-wise or reading-wise but you'd be 100% wrong if you don't think that CJ and Hurst were helped along quite a bit by playing with Burrow and because of that they both became vital pieces of the offense and both parlayed themselves into multi year deals. Hurst came over here as an unwanted player on a one year deal and Smith the same. If smith stays healthy he'll be another player that will probably earn a multi year deal somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 11:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Drunk posting is bad, mmkay?

Hilarious Uh yeah, I have drunk posted on here before, but it was never that bad that I can remember LMAO!!! LMAO

(04-05-2023, 12:49 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Not sure what you're trying to say point-wise or reading-wise but you'd be 100% wrong if you don't think that CJ and Hurst were helped along quite a bit by playing with Burrow and because of that they both became vital pieces of the offense and both parlayed themselves into multi year deals. Hurst came over here as an unwanted player on a one year deal and Smith the same. If smith stays healthy he'll be another player that will probably earn a multi year deal somewhere.

These are facts. Expecting the same with Irv Smith Jr. if he stays healthy which is the main question with him. It isn't the player.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, if I have a question about Irv it is, can he stay healthy? I like him as a player big time.

Excited to see what he does in this Offense on dumpoffs in the screen game. He has a ton of speed for a TE.

Hopefully, he can stay healthy this season. It has definitely been his Achilles heel. 

I know that most will laugh and say, "Madden is just a video game". That said, it's a pretty damn accurate video game. I've used Hurst, Sample, Wilcox ect... as my TE for the Bengals. They all could make the occasional good catch but were soon tackled.

I traded for Irv Smith in my recent Franchise mode. If he brings to the Bengals what he has brought to my Franchise team it will be a boon. Great hands, runs great routes, catches everything! Oh, and he has some wheels. The other TEs are slow a lumbering when compared to his speed. 

If he can stay healthy and bring this skill set to the Bengals, we're going to be some happy fans.  
Reply/Quote
Really hope they go into the draft still thinking they need a starting TE,, because they do. Smith is a nice 2nd TE if he can stay healthy but he's never looked like a starter to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Hopefully, he can stay healthy this season. It has definitely been his Achilles heel. 

I know that most will laugh and say, "Madden is just a video game". That said, it's a pretty damn accurate video game. I've used Hurst, Sample, Wilcox ect... as my TE for the Bengals. They all could make the occasional good catch but were soon tackled.

I traded for Irv Smith in my recent Franchise mode. If he brings to the Bengals what he has brought to my Franchise team it will be a boon. Great hands, runs great routes, catches everything! Oh, and he has some wheels. The other TEs are slow a lumbering when compared to his speed. 

If he can stay healthy and bring this skill set to the Bengals, we're going to be some happy fans.  

When healthy, he is way faster and harder to tackle than those guys. Hurst was hard to tackle though, wouldn't want to try and tackle 
Hurst, you go low and then he just jumps over you too lol

Excited to trade for Irv Smith on Madden and get him on the team. Will do this later and see how he looks. He is different than every 
other TE we have had, he is FB size with speed, different type of player. Like I said, TE middle screen has always been a good play call
but could be a great one with Irv Smith Jr.

(04-05-2023, 02:23 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Really hope they go into the draft still thinking they need a starting TE,, because they do. Smith is a nice 2nd TE if he can stay healthy but he's never looked like a starter to me.

I highly doubt Irv affects our draft plans with his injury history. We should draft a top one in the first 3 rounds and if Irv Smith stays
healthy it is gravy. We only have Irv and Asiasi on the roster right now and Asiasi is so so at best.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 03:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The tape is interesting. Swervin' Irv Smith may be the biggest under the radar steal in all of free agency and I'm glad he's a Bengal. His speed in the open field is extremely impressive and I watched lots of tape where he made some acrobatic catches while keeping his hands in the proper form to catch. His blocking is more than adequate too and for the Bengals to have a balanced offense the tight end needs to block at least as well as he runs routes.

Man….i watched a lot of his scouting tape and saw a lot i didn’t like. Routes weren’t crisp. I think he’s capable of running a bigger number of routes than CJ and Hurst only because he’s so fast and agile. He had way more drops than i like my starter to have. Honestly i like him as a backup and at 1.75 million i assume we see him as a backup too. I still want to draft TE at at 28 and those 2 go to war for the starting job. I like Wilcox as our 3rd TE.

I did see a bunch i did like tho. Blocking and hands weren’t it. He was also not used well in Minnesota. A lot of the time they had him running flat routes just to distract a defender. He should’ve been used more as a deep threat, mismatch guy against linebackers. I assume here he’ll be used how CJ and Hayden were . Most of his targets will be over the middle and within 7 yards. Occasionally we’ll put him on a seam or corner just to see if the D will leave him open but i expect him to eat exactly how Hayden and CJ ate
-Housh
Reply/Quote