Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-20-2023, 08:50 PM)Leon Wrote: no because i dont agree that earthly punishment fits the wrong. you have to be able to understand what God says is wrink an then what humans do about it on earth. God says that stealing is wrong. but folks on earth decided the earthly punishment. thats seperate from Gods punishment if they arent forgiven. i can say stealing is wrong cause God says its so but also say how severe the punishment depends on what was stolen how much who it hurt. see what im saying. this isnt as hard as your making it out

This isn't an Earthly punishment - God is explicitly tell you what the punishment is, and that is death. The passage commands your neighbors to bring your daughter to your doorstep and kill her. Do you accept this word from God? 
(06-20-2023, 08:55 PM)Leon Wrote: why would i need to post the hole address when theres a clickable link. you knew it was a link. you knew it took you to the source. stop playing like you didnt get caught complaing about something you got wrong or were dishonest about. folks have been calling you out for this type of dishonesty all the time. stop pretending it aint your m.o

No, no LEON...I searched for the entire quote.  Word for word.  That you copy and pasted as your own.

I did NOT click the link that was already in there (you didn't add it either).

It "ain't" my M.O. either to be dishonest but rather to show when people try to pass off other people's ideas and words as their own.  Especially when they are using them to answer questions instead of using their own thoughts.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2023, 08:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This isn't an Earthly punishment - God is explicitly tell you what the punishment is, and that is death. The passage commands your neighbors to bring your daughter to your doorstep and kill her. Do you accept this word from God? 

It's here where we will have the great  question of "is it god's word" or "man messed up god's word"...lol.

We MUST believe the bible, we are told...unless we disagree or are challenged and then it was because man messed it up.

It's a fun game they play.  

As a product of Catholic school I know it all too well.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2023, 08:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This isn't an Earthly punishment - God is explicitly tell you what the punishment is, and that is death. The passage commands your neighbors to bring your daughter to your doorstep and kill her. Do you accept this word from God? 

you are failing to seperate the civil and crimnal earthly laws from Gods threats of punishment he will do. you just dont understand the Word or how to read it. this is always a problem when unbelivers try to talk about the Bible
(06-20-2023, 09:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's here where we will have the great  question of "is it god's word" or "man messed up god's word"...lol.

We MUST believe the bible, we are told...unless we disagree or are challenged and then it was because man messed it up.

It's a fun game they play.  

As a product of Catholic school I know it all too well.

What’s fun with that argument is that the original meaning of scriptures would pose issues for a large group of people as well. I mentioned it in a different thread, but the passage of “man shall not lay with another man as a woman” is specifically referring to the penetrated, not the penetrator. There was a penetration hierarchy in Ancient Greek and Roman society at this time and it was shameful to take a submissive role in sex.

Man messed it up now, man messed it up then. We just never got it right!
(06-20-2023, 09:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no LEON...I searched for the entire quote.  Word for word.  That you copy and pasted as your own.

I did NOT click the link that was already in there (you didn't add it either).

It "ain't" my M.O. either to be dishonest but rather to show when people try to pass off other people's ideas and words as their own.  Especially when they are using them to answer questions instead of using their own thoughts.

the LINK was ALREADY in the QUOTE. if you wasnt able to figure that out thats on you. by admitting you didnt clink the that was there you and complaing you are admitting being wrong. all you had to do was click it and it took you to the quote an the hole site. lol 

if you cant figure out how to click on a big blue link maybe forums aint your thing. your ignorance of links aint my issue. its yours
(06-20-2023, 09:11 PM)Leon Wrote: you are failing to seperate the civil and crimnal earthly laws from Gods threats of punishment he will do. you just dont understand the Word or how to read it. this is always a problem when unbelivers try to talk about the Bible

You’ve lost sight of your original statement. You believe that all of the Bible is holy and you do not cherry pick. Thus, you believe this passage is holy as well. This is the holy word, to kill a woman in such a position. That is what I am challenging you on. You have also provided your answer, I suppose - you said no, you don’t agree with this. That would be at odds with what you said earlier.
(06-20-2023, 09:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You’ve lost sight of your original statement. You believe that all of the Bible is holy and you do not cherry pick. Thus, you believe this passage is holy as well. This is the holy word, to kill a woman in such a position. That is what I am challenging you on. You have also provided your answer, I suppose - you said no, you don’t agree with this. That would be at odds with what you said earlier.

it would help if you understood how to read the Word. which you obvious dont. The Word is breathed and inspired by God and it involves his punishments and earthly punishments at the time. He hands down whats right and wrong and what sis punishment will be here and in the after. then theres an deciding how to enforce His word on earth in time and ways. those ways are still based of Gods instruction on what we should and shouldnt do. over time those earthly punishments may change but they still are based on what God says is right an wrong. this just aint that hard, unless you make it hard.
(06-20-2023, 07:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I understand what you are saying but it was Belsnickel that I guess went against forum rules and called me full of shit, when I stated there was Two men and a Woman in a photo that was a parody of Real men of genius. 

Clarification. I said you were full of shit for stating that "Some of my best friends are transvestites" in response to me calling out your transphobic hate. I said as much for two reasons. First, it is because of the similarity to the racist white dude saying "some of my best friends are black" in response to being called out for racism. The second reason is because transvestitism is not the same as transgender and is also an outdated term not exactly seen in the greatest of lights by the community, though there are a very small segment that still use the term for men who dress as women, not those that identify as a gender other than their biological sex. If you did, in fact, have some "best friends" that were trans it seems like something you would be familiar with.

(06-20-2023, 07:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Back to mental illness, I am sorry I am not going to say the act of homosexuality is a mental illness[it is a sin]. But I think a person that changes their sex organs has a mental problem. But that is why we are here to have intelligent conversations, Political, Religious, and ta-da Science.    

You can think whatever you like. But there is your feelings on the matter, and then there is the science of it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-20-2023, 09:35 PM)Leon Wrote: it would help if you understood how to read the Word. which you obvious dont. The Word is breathed and inspired by God and it involves his punishments and earthly punishments at the time. He hands down whats right and wrong and what sis punishment will be here and in the after. then theres an deciding how to enforce His word on earth in time and ways. those ways are still based of Gods instruction on what we should and shouldnt do. over time those earthly punishments may change but they still are based on what God says is right an wrong. this just aint that hard, unless you make it hard.

I must say, this is a very convenient way to just wave this away. It being an “Earthly” punishment. Do you believe that the men who decided on these Earthly punishments had their ideas condoned by God? Or were they actively defying God by killing the woman in this scenario? Remember, this all holy word. Regardless of earthly punishment or not, this is the scripture that we have.

If we want to take away the “Earthly” aspect of it, God directly calls for the death penalty for adultery. As in, God is directly quoted. No further interpretation needed. Given that this is directly from God, do you accept this punishment as well?
(06-20-2023, 04:04 PM)Leon Wrote: public drag shows shaking half naked bodies in front of kids aint in there own home.
public pushing trans ilifestyle on kids in schools aint in there own home.

quit using a situation that aint the same dont apply. to avoid the real issues.

What about parent's rights? When does the "moral" side of America actually stand by the shit their constantly pushing?

Maybe folks want to raise their kids around drag queens and Trans folks so they don't grow up to be ignorant transphobes who think they're morally superior to everyone because their favorite work of fiction says **** all about transgendered folks or cross dressers.

Hell, your guide through life actually has more condemnations about hetero relationships than gay relationships.

Not that you actually apply the teachings of Christ in your life. You know - that whole love thy neighbor deal. Or those without sin casting stones.

That you act as though your faith makes you morally superior to anyone is actually a slap in the face of Christ and his teachings.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
okay Leon....let's try this real-life scenario

I had a co-worker a long time ago, her name was Karen. She was such a tiny person she was called Lil Bit. Karen was devout she went to church, bible study, and followed the Word. She married a man from her church. He started beating her right after he put the ring on her finger, ...you know when he promised before God to love, honor, and cherish her. He said it was his right as the "man in the family" They had 3 daughters in 5 years. Karen worked 2 jobs because Gil couldn't keep a job due to alcoholism. She was badly injured several times with broken bones, concussions, and internal injuries because of his fists...yet she stayed with him because her pastor said she belonged to Gil because the bible said so. The pastor told her she must have done something to deserve to be beaten. Her friends told her he would kill her one day. That one day came. One day they met after work at a mall so they could go Christmas shopping for the girls. Gil kidnapped her from the mall, took her to his current job location, a funeral home, and he cremated her...while she was still alive. Please tell me where in the bible it says that she couldn't protect herself against that. Please tell me how 3 little girls deserved to lose their mother in any way let alone such a horrific one. Tell me any religious justification for her death. Her religion killed her. Can you imagine her terror when she was locked in the crematorium? He got life in prison.

Why is Christian extremism any different than that of the Taliban?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-14-2023, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:Finally, you've not avoided the Youtube problem by searching for protests on what you call "far left" news sites. That's not how you construct a data set on free speech suppression or protests or whatever, especially in the age of news algorithms.

Oh, are we conducting a peer reviewed study here, or are we bantering on an internet message board?  If I was publishing you'd have a rock solid argument.  As I am not, you do not.  You made an argument that sensationalist stories make the news while less exciting content does not.  You did so to justify the lack of news coverage around conservative college protests.  I countered that, if any news site would cover right wing protests for click bait it would be the far left organizations.  A search of a large number of those organizations revealed precisely one instance compared to numerous left wing protests.  So, while this wouldn't suffice for a rigid academic study it is more than sufficient to illustrate a point on an internet message board.  But please feel free to find the myriad other news articles about right wing college protests that you apparently believe exist somewhere, I would very much like to see them.

Um, no. The alternatives are not just "bantering" or "rigid academic study."  In any case, bantering or not, I take the topic seriously and want my statements about it to be accurate.

Plugging ill-defined terms like "left" and "protest" into different news search engines with different search algorithms--one can do better than that even on a message board.  That's why I supplied a link to people serious about data collection.  Here is an additional one entitled "Scholars under Fire" from the F.I.R.E. website, which has an interactive map of marking challenges to professors' free speech since 2015. It also records a number of cases of suppression of student speech, supplying documentary evidence as well. https://www.thefire.org/research-learn/mapping-scholars-under-fire. Plus they have a case archive which includes high school.

You seem aware that news trends focus on the sensational, but you should also be aware that "the sensational" can be produced simply by announcing a "F****t" speaking tour and such like, or training teams of students how to "weaponize" their phones for Youtube and RW news sites looking for dirt on professors. So if RW provocoteurs are manufacturing free speech outrage for their own purposes, how do you factor that into a count of "protests"? Does a bean count of protests tell us something more about RW politics on campus or "left" wing--even if there are more "left" protests? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Thumbs Down 
(06-20-2023, 03:49 PM)Leon Wrote: lol see this is exactly what i was talking about. look how long winded an hey look how smart i am both these respnses come off. so many words an not anything meanigful. just you 2 being triggered by me an others pointing out you been programmed by your so called education. no one is going to listen to folks like you cause they dont want to read a hole book worth of useless talk about you all being know it alls. real folks living in the real world dont talk like that and dont like that and act likev you 2. sorry if that comes of mean but maybe you all would be better off talking like real folks. then maybe we would actualy listen to something you say. just some friendly advise,

No, I don't see exactly what you are talking about. 

Two people have responded to you respectfully, to explain where their views come from, and you have responded disrespectfully.

There is no indication you understood my or Lucidas' posts before you dismissed them as "useless talk" about "being know it alls."  

Why are folks who can't follow arguments, or can't show they understand others' viewpoints, more "real" than people who can do that, or at least make the attempt? 

How can we tell if someone's beliefs are programmed?

They've been taught not to question their own beliefs and to dismiss anything which threatens them--like secular education. 

They've lost or never acquired the ability to view issues from multiple angles, and see that as a threat rather than a value.

Parents who don't want their children learning about the theory of evolution or Black history or gender fluidity are not protecting 
them FROM programming; rather they are protecting their OWN programming agenda from question.

If you are not the sort of person who has simply absorbed his beliefs without question, someone who is not "programmed," then
you ought to be able to show you understand the point I am making, and why you agree or disagree.'

But if you still can't get beyond saying "useless words," then you are giving "real" people a very bad look.
(06-20-2023, 07:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cite your sources when trying to pass off quotes as your own thinking.

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/deuteronomy-22/

Sounds like something a man would write, not a word from a benevolent, all-loving God.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(06-20-2023, 10:21 PM)pally Wrote: okay Leon....let's try this real-life scenario

I had a co-worker a long time ago, her name was Karen.  She was such a tiny person she was called Lil Bit.  Karen was devout she went to church, bible study, and followed the Word.  She married a man from her church.  He started beating her right after he put the ring on her finger, ...you know when he promised before God to love, honor, and cherish her. He said it was his right as the "man in the family" They had 3 daughters in 5 years.  Karen worked 2 jobs because Gil couldn't keep a job due to alcoholism.  She was badly injured several times with broken bones, concussions, and internal injuries because of his fists...yet she stayed with him because her pastor said she belonged to Gil because the bible said so. The pastor told her she must have done something to deserve to be beaten. Her friends told her he would kill her one day.  That one day came.  One day they met after work at a mall so they could go Christmas shopping for the girls.  Gil kidnapped her from the mall, took her to his current job location, a funeral home, and he cremated her...while she was still alive.  Please tell me where in the bible it says that she couldn't protect herself against that.  Please tell me how 3 little girls deserved to lose their mother in any way let alone such a horrific one.  Tell me any religious justification for her death.  Her religion killed her.  Can you imagine her terror when she was locked in the crematorium? He got life in prison.

Why is Christian extremism any different than that of the Taliban?

thats an awful story. my heart goes out to her family. but what your trying to do is put me in a spot trying to make me think Jesus was wrong. He was really clear with what he said about divorce. i dont know better than Jesus. there must be a good reason for for His command on divorce on He wouldnt have said so strait foward about it.

the lady is in heaven now if she was saved so she is having eternal glory an feels no pain or sadness. shes happy and with her Father. cause i dont know her or that situation. i cant say if sho coulda done anything different. i dont know what caused the man to be that way. its just not for me or you to decide in the end, God will make all things right in His way. 
(06-21-2023, 02:02 PM)Leon Wrote: thats an awful story. my heart goes out to her family. but what your trying to do is put me in a spot trying to make me think Jesus was wrong. He was really clear with what he said about divorce. i dont know better than Jesus. there must be a good reason for for His command on divorce on He wouldnt have said so strait foward about it.

the lady is in heaven now if she was saved so she is having eternal glory an feels no pain or sadness. shes happy and with her Father. cause i dont know her or that situation. i cant say if sho coulda done anything different. i dont know what caused the man to be that way. its just not for me or you to decide in the end, God will make all things right in His way. 

There are thousands and thousands of women like her getting beaten and abused by their husbands or watching their children be beaten and abused.  And the best you can offer is God will make all things right.

Why does God hate women, because the bible sure as hell isn't written to protect their lives and needs.  Maybe God really loves women, and the men who "wrote" the bible used it to keep women subjugated to their wants.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-21-2023, 04:14 AM)Dill Wrote: No, I don't see exactly what you are talking about. 

Two people have responded to you respectfully, to explain where their views come from, and you have responded disrespectfully.

There is no indication you understood my or Lucidas' posts before you dismissed them as "useless talk" about "being know it alls."  

Why are folks who can't follow arguments, or can't show they understand others' viewpoints, more "real" than people who can do that, or at least make the attempt? 

How can we tell if someone's beliefs are programmed?

They've been taught not to question their own beliefs and to dismiss anything which threatens them--like secular education. 

They've lost or never acquired the ability to view issues from multiple angles, and see that as a threat rather than a value.

Parents who don't want their children learning about the theory of evolution or Black history or gender fluidity are not protecting 
them FROM programming; rather they are protecting their OWN programming agenda from question.

If you are not the sort of person who has simply absorbed his beliefs without question, someone who is not "programmed," then
you ought to be able to show you understand the point I am making, and why you agree or disagree.'

But if you still can't get beyond saying "useless words," then you are giving "real" people a very bad look.

all the words in the world dont mean nothing if they dont mean nothing or aint important to normal every day folks in the real world. i guess you types can sit around talking fancy to each other and feel important. but in the real world a bunch of fancy talk dont get it done. you say you aint programmed but why is it you 2 talk like you do and have smilar extreme left views. its cause that so called education of yours taught you that way. 

i didnt get programmed. ive been workin on a farm my whole life and owned my own for over 3o years. my education came from hark work every day an nothing getting given to me. i get my information from the Bible an then use that to see things in world. to see whats right and wrong. 
Forgive me for sounding programmed and tainted by the world, but I feel like a modern-day Voltaire could write a book about Leon.
(06-21-2023, 02:14 PM)pally Wrote: There are thousands and thousands of women like her getting beaten and abused by their husbands or watching their children be beaten and abused.  And the best you can offer is God will make all things right.

Why does God hate women, because the bible sure as hell isn't written to protect their lives and needs.  Maybe God really loves women, and the men who "wrote" the bible used it to keep women subjugated to their wants.

do you think the instructions of Jesus that you have used were good an should be followed? if thats the case like you said it was before then how can you not think all his instructions are good an should be followed?  

the men wrote it excuse dont work. if you think Jesus said the things you like. then he also said the ones you dont like. are you saing Jesus didnt say these things? im confused cause you seem to use Jesus when it for your point and then ignore what He said when you dont like it