Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-20-2023, 07:23 PM)Synric Wrote: You are barking up the wrong tree with me I am not religious in the slightest. I side with the single divorced mother who might have had good reasons for the choices shes made. 

thats a shame to hear. i pray that you come to know Him and his Word one day. hopefuly before its to late
(06-20-2023, 07:20 PM)Leon Wrote: another example of cherry picking. wonder why you didnt use this one

Luke 18:15-17

And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”

you see. every child should be led to God by our actions and we should never do anything that would lead them in any other direction. and we as grown ups should keep that child like innocence an not go along with things that aint of God or lead us away from Him. if you do Jesus clear says you will NOT enter the Kingdom. thats why these drag shows and gender stuff and sexual grooming of kids is so important to Christians
You said you belive EVERYTHING in the Bible, therefore there is no cherry picking involved

Or just by your response, I can assume you belive in some verses but not all. Because, Leon...that is cherrypicking

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-20-2023, 07:22 PM)Leon Wrote: yes because its breathed and inspired by God. are you denying that. 

Well, I do not believe in god so I would deny it by default. However, I would question your morality. The word says that a woman must be put to death for lying about her virginity. Do you believe this to be a reasonable punishment? 
(06-20-2023, 07:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Well, I do not believe in god so I would deny it by fault. However, I would question your morality. The word says that a woman must be put to death for lying about her virginity. Do you believe this to be a reasonable punishment? 

your trying to do what so many do. making the religious folk out to be bad for putting there trust in there creator and believing he knows better than we do. what standard do you use to say God is wrong about anything other than one you just made up outta thin air. you cant even have a standard unless you start with the One who made the standard
(06-20-2023, 07:26 PM)pally Wrote: You said you belive EVERYTHING  in the Bible, therefore there is no cherry picking involved

Or just by your response, I can assume you belive in some verses but not all.  Because, Leon...that is cherrypicking

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

i believe in all the Bible and have no issues using any verses even if i might not understand Gods way completly. you dont do that. you just pick the parts that make you feel good or goes along with your point. thats dishonest and perverting his Word. 

funny how you didnt give thoughts on the verse i shared and how it goes straight to the issue we are talking about in this subject
(06-20-2023, 07:30 PM)Leon Wrote: your trying to do what so many do. making the religious folk out to be bad for putting there trust in there creator and believing he knows better than we do. what standard do you use to say God is wrong about anything other than one you just made up outta thin air. you cant even have a standard unless you start with the One who made the standard

And you're avoiding the question because you know it is a morally reprehensible position to agree with. I use a basic morality standard that we have adjusted to in modern society. The average person in modern society is more morally just than this creator that many worship. It is part of the issue with the bible - a book that contains holy words from a supposedly omniscient, all-powerful, perfectly moral god argues positions that are so vile and evil that you have to cherry pick. Thus, you have to come to the conclusion that either this god is not a moral god, and not a loving god, or he is evil. Or, a third option is that he doesn't exist to begin with. 

The passage I refer to is Deuteronomy 22:20-21. 

Quote:If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.
(06-20-2023, 07:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: And you're avoiding the question because you know it is a morally reprehensible position to agree with. I use a basic morality standard that we have adjusted to in modern society. The average person in modern society is more morally just than this creator that many worship. It is part of the issue with the bible - a book that contains holy words from a supposedly omniscient, all-powerful, perfectly moral god argues positions that are so vile and evil that you have to cherry pick. Thus, you have to come to the conclusion that either this god is not a moral god, and not a loving god, or he is evil. Or, a third option is that he doesn't exist to begin with. 

The passage I refer to is Deuteronomy 22:20-21. 

educate yourself

This law in Deuteronomy is directed against the truly wanton woman, who has given up her virginity, yet not claimed her rights under Exodus 22:16-17. She did not value her virginity at the time she gave it up, yet she wanted to claim the benefits of it by deceiving her husband.

to moral standard what you describe is just society creating there own that changes all the time and from place to place. the only real standard is God. without Him folks are just deciding what they like and what they dont at any time in history. Gods love is the only thing that is consistent and his Word is the only thing we can rely on to know what is actualy right and wrong.
(06-20-2023, 03:59 PM)Leon Wrote: its pretty simple. go woke go broke. its way past time good folks started fighting back

Call me when the nfl and Disney and anheiser Busch go broke.  I'll be over here holding my breath. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2023, 07:51 PM)Leon Wrote: educate yourself

This law in Deuteronomy is directed against the truly wanton woman, who has given up her virginity, yet not claimed her rights under Exodus 22:16-17. She did not value her virginity at the time she gave it up, yet she wanted to claim the benefits of it by deceiving her husband.

to moral standard what you describe is just society creating there own that changes all the time and from place to place. the only real standard is God. without Him folks are just deciding what they like and what they dont at any time in history. Gods love is the only thing that is consistent and his Word is the only thing we can rely on to know what is actualy right and wrong.

Cite your sources when trying to pass off quotes as your own thinking.

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/deuteronomy-22/

Quote:d. But if the thing is true, and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman: If this were the case, the woman was to be executed by stoning. This was not only for her sexual promiscuity (to play the harlot), but also for her attempt to deceive her husband.

i. This law must be seen in connection with the command in Exodus 22:16-17, which commands that a man who entices a virgin must surely pay the bride-price for her to be his wife. This law in Deuteronomy is directed against the truly wanton woman, who has given up her virginity, yet not claimed her rights under Exodus 22:16-17. She did not value her virginity at the time she gave it up, yet she wanted to claim the benefits of it by deceiving her husband.

ii. All this simply reinforces the principle that virginity was valued, highly valued, in Israel. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2023, 07:25 PM)Leon Wrote: thats a shame to hear. i pray that you come to know Him and his Word one day. hopefuly before its to late

In my small county of 5700 people we have several churches (and as many bars) but two stand out. 

One everyone has seen they are the congregation that stands outside of shopping centers with signs saying its wrong for us to buy gifts for our children at Christmas. The other church runs a food drive and a soup kitchen. I donate cases of can goods whenever I do bulk shopping to one church and we are trying to ban the other from buying up billboard space to tell us all about our sinful ways instead of letting local business advertise. 

You can judge me for who I am or you can help people that need it. Pick your battles wisely.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2023, 07:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cite your sources when trying to pass off quotes as your own thinking.

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/deuteronomy-22/

they arent my words which the blue clichable link should make obvious. do you even look at anything before criticizing it or always just jump to what you think instead. you get proven wrong and look foolish alot because you just assume things. do you ever feel embarassment
(06-20-2023, 07:59 PM)Leon Wrote: they arent my words which the clichable link should make obvious. do you even look at anything before criticizing it or always just jump to what you think instead. you get proven wrong alot because you just assume things

The clickable link was in the quote already that you copy and pasted with no quotations around it.

Not doing so made it seem as if you were the originator of that thought.  (Something strangely familiar about that.)

I didn't have to assume anything as every word was spelled correctly and that is not your style.  All I had to do was search for that EXACT phrase and it was the first link. You searched for the bible quote and went with the explanation in the first link you found.
(06-20-2023, 07:51 PM)Leon Wrote: educate yourself

The passage you post is irrelevant. The moral question is do you believe that such a crime is punishable by death, and for that to be acceptable? I don’t care of the context behind it. We are essentially debating premarital sex here. Another way of posing the question would be “if your daughter had sex prior to marriage and did not marry the man, do you believe your neighbors should be able to kill her in front of you?”
(06-20-2023, 08:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: The clickable link was in the quote already that you copy and pasted with no quotations around it.

Not doing so made it seem as if you were the originator of that thought.  (Something strangely familiar about that.)

I didn't have to assume anything as every word was spelled correctly and that is not your style.  All I had to do was search for that EXACT phrase and it was the first link.  You searched for the bible quote and went with the explanation in the first link you found.

so you obvious knew it was from a source cause it had a clickable link that anyone could figure out but then acted like i was making it my words. dont see that as dishonest ? making up something out of thin air. hate to say it but thats why folks dont take you serious. maybe make more of an effort in the future
(06-20-2023, 07:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I understand what you are saying but it was Belsnickel that I guess went against forum rules and called me full of shit, when I stated there was Two men and a Woman in a photo that was a parody of Real men of genius. 

It was in fact a marketing disaster. I could care less about Dylan, it was a marketing disaster, I think Target was worse and I think the firing of Fox News host Tucker Carlson was even worse. Even though I do think Tucker was a racist. 

Back to mental illness, I am sorry I am not going to say the act of homosexuality is a mental illness[it is a sin]. But I think a person that changes their sex organs has a mental problem. But that is why we are here to have intelligent conversations, Political, Religious, and ta-da Science.    

Sure, I understand. Political conversations can get emotional. It wouldn't be the first time in history that two people have spit venom back and forth over an issue like this. I am really just trying to achieve a common ground. I may be able to talk until I am blue in the face about transgenderism and how we as a society should work to include these people and you are well within your right to say "no". However, a common ground should be that we can recognize that our research institutions do not believe this is a mental illness, and it isn't fair to categorize it as such. That's really the nail I am aiming for. 
(06-20-2023, 08:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sure, I understand. Political conversations can get emotional. It wouldn't be the first time in history that two people have spit venom back and forth over an issue like this. I am really just trying to achieve a common ground. I may be able to talk until I am blue in the face about transgenderism and how we as a society should work to include these people and you are well within your right to say "no". However, a common ground should be that we can recognize that our research institutions do not believe this is a mental illness, and it isn't fair to categorize it as such. That's really the nail I am aiming for. 

God hands down whats right and wrong. then folks decide on earthly punishments and God will decide eternal punishment. i can easy say its wrong to lose your virginity before marriage an also say i dont think death is fitting punishment on earth. folks change earthly punishments all the time. but just cause i dont agree with an earthly punishment dont mean i dont think we should speak against what God has said is wrong and that some things should get severe punishments on earth and in the afterlife
(06-20-2023, 08:42 PM)Leon Wrote: God hands down whats right and wrong. then folks decide on earthly punishments and God will decide eternal punishment. i can easy say its wrong to lose your virginity before marriage an also say i dont think death is fitting punishment on earth. folks change earthly punishments all the time. but just cause i dont agree with an earthly punishment dont mean i dont think we should speak against what God has said is wrong and that some things should get severe punishments on earth and in the afterlife

You're still avoiding the question. Do you believe it is morally acceptable for your neighbors to kill your daughter in front of you because she had premarital sex, did not marry the man, and then lied to her husband about her virginity? Would you allow your neighbors to do this? 
(06-20-2023, 08:07 PM)Leon Wrote: so you obvious knew it was from a source cause it had a clickable link that anyone could figure out but then acted like i was making it my words. dont see that as dishonest ? making up something out of thin air. hate to say it but thats why folks dont take you serious. maybe make more of an effort in the future

Once again you copy and pasted the whole quote which already had the link in it.  You still didn't "quote" the site you used.

Oh yeah, I saw it as you being dishonest.

You're not the 1st one around these parts to copy and paste and then act stunned that someone found out it wasn't your words.

There's a quote function for a reason and copying the url works too.

You don't have to own it, you never did.

More to the point you didn't have any argument for the question posed to you so you used someone else's when you had to search for the verse.  Not admitting it was something you found rather you answering the question is kinda sad.
(06-20-2023, 08:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're still avoiding the question. Do you believe it is morally acceptable for your neighbors to kill your daughter in front of you because she had premarital sex, did not marry the man, and then lied to her husband about her virginity? Would you allow your neighbors to do this? 

no because i dont agree that earthly punishment fits the wrong. you have to be able to understand what God says is wrink an then what humans do about it on earth. God says that stealing is wrong. but folks on earth decided the earthly punishment. thats seperate from Gods punishment if they arent forgiven. i can say stealing is wrong cause God says its so but also say how severe the punishment depends on what was stolen how much who it hurt. see what im saying. this isnt as hard as your making it out
(06-20-2023, 08:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Once again you copy and pasted the whole quote which already had the link in it.  You still didn't "quote" the site you used.

Oh yeah, I saw it as you being dishonest.

You're not the 1st one around these parts to copy and paste and then act stunned that someone found out it wasn't your words.

There's a quote function for a reason and copying the url works too.

You don't have to own it, you never did.

More to the point you didn't have any argument for the question posed to you so you used someone else's when you had to search for the verse.  Not admitting it was something you found rather you answering the question is kinda sad.

why would i need to post the hole address when theres a clickable link. you knew it was a link. you knew it took you to the source. stop playing like you didnt get caught complaing about something you got wrong or were dishonest about. folks have been calling you out for this type of stuff all the time. stop pretending it aint your m.o