Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-20-2023, 05:47 PM)pally Wrote: Right, so you don't throw your religious beliefs in everyone's face like being religious makes you the arbitrator of right and wrong; morality or immorality; like somehow you are the only one capable of making those decisions for the world.  Come on man!  Every post of yours is filled with your self-righteous moral superiority.

the Bible requires believers to spread the Word and defend the Faith. we do it out of love and concern. not hate like your side thinks. i know it can be hard to hear but its for your own good and the safety of your eternal soul. what kind of folks would we be if we didnt tell you something so important. 
(06-20-2023, 05:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I follow the commandments as Jesus taught us. And science is on my side. I don't care what individual scientists think; that's not how it works. Science is based on hypotheses being tested and retested. Replicated results and peer reviews that form a consensus. There will always be those that disagree with the consensus, but until they alter the mainstream by disproving the current models, then it doesn't matter what they think. At that point it is just their feelings on it.

you dont know your Bible very well if you think God is ok with these things. 

and you do know science has been wrong mant times right. and scientists who were not in the majority turned out to be right. and scince had to change its tune. science is just working guesses that get it wrong many times
(06-20-2023, 06:04 PM)Leon Wrote: you dont know your Bible very well if you think God is ok with these things. 

I follow the teachings of Jesus and the commandments he laid out for us. I know a fair amount about the rest of the Bible, but the Gospel is what I follow.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-20-2023, 06:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I follow the teachings of Jesus and the commandments he laid out for us. I know a fair amount about the rest of the Bible, but the Gospel is what I follow.

so you agree with Jesus on divorce
I never disrespect God. On the other hand, I have far less tolerance for those who use God to justify their own narrow-mindedness, their own lack of empathy, and their own bigotry.

Jesus said to love one another. Far too many self-proclaimed Christians add too many exceptions to that simple instruction.

We have been told to feed the hungry, welcome the stranger, and care for the infirm. Far too many self-proclaimed Christians add exceptions to those instructions.

Far too many Christians have used religion as an excuse to abuse children and yet children are still sent into the hands of these predators in the name of God and religion.

Far too many self-proclaimed Christians use the word of God to spread hate not love.

I have a feeling when I go to the afterworld, I will find far more people who feel as I do than I will find people who wave their religious creds without actually living the tenets of Jesus. if it turns out you're right and I'm wrong, well we're both dead so who gives a damn.

This is the United States. We were founded on the premise of civil laws and religious tolerance. You have every right to your personal religious beliefs. You have no right to force them on anyone else.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-20-2023, 06:14 PM)pally Wrote: I never disrespect God.  On the other hand, I have far less tolerance for those who use God to justify their own narrow-mindedness, their own lack of empathy, and their own bigotry.

Jesus said to love one another. Far too many self-proclaimed Christians add too many exceptions to that simple instruction.

We have been told to feed the hungry, welcome the stranger, and care for the infirm.  Far too many self-proclaimed Christians add exceptions to those instructions.

Far too many Christians have used religion as an excuse to abuse children and yet children are still sent into the hands of these predators in the name of God and religion.

Far too many self-proclaimed Christians use the word of God to spread hate not love.

I have a feeling when I go to the afterworld, I will find far more people who feel as I do than I will find people who wave their religious creds without actually living the tenets of Jesus.  if it turns out you're right and I'm wrong, well we're both dead so who gives a damn.

This is the United States. We were founded on the premise of civil laws and religious tolerance.  You have every right to your personal religious beliefs.  You have no right to force them on anyone else.

ill ask you the same i asked bellnickle. do you agrre with Jesus on divorce.
(06-20-2023, 06:13 PM)Leon Wrote: so you agree with Jesus on divorce

I do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-20-2023, 06:15 PM)Leon Wrote: ill ask you the same i asked bellnickle. do you agrre with Jesus on divorce.

Nope...but Jesus and I have all sorts of disagreements.  I've never claimed differently.

Do YOU believe that women should stay married to men who physically or emotionally abuse them or their children?  

(06-20-2023, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: Nope...but Jesus and I have all sorts of disagreements.  I've never claimed differently.

Do YOU believe that women should stay married to men who physically or emotionally abuse them or their children?  

That's not really the issue there. You can both believe what Jesus says about divorce and adultery and believe someone should leave their spouse for abuse. Why? Because we are all sinners and must ask for forgiveness of our sins which is achievable through the sacrifice of Jesus' blood shed on the cross.

(06-20-2023, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: Nope...but Jesus and I have all sorts of disagreements.  I've never claimed differently.

so you dont really follow the teachings of Jesus. only your own personal version of it. 

and yes because thats what Jesus instructed. are you saying Jesus is wrong. i dont think i know more that Jesus an aint so arrogant that i can question Him. he knows answers we dont even have questions for. we may not always understand it but we have to trust in Him and ALL his teachings. not just the ones we like. do you think He sacrificed just to lead you wrong. 
(06-20-2023, 06:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's not really the issue there. You can both believe what Jesus says about divorce and adultery and believe someone should leave their spouse for abuse. Why? Because we are all sinners and must ask for forgiveness of our sins which is achievable through the sacrifice of Jesus' blood shed on the cross.

so you admit that Jesus is right on divorce and its a SIN to do other wise. and youll need to be forgiven because it goes against His instruction?
(06-20-2023, 06:51 PM)Leon Wrote: so you dont really follow the teachings of Jesus. only your own personal version of it. 

and yes because thats what Jesus instructed. are you saying Jesus is wrong. i dont think i know more that Jesus an aint so arrogant that i can question Him. he knows answers we dont even have questions for. we may not always understand it but we have to trust in Him and ALL his teachings. not just the ones we like. do you think He sacrificed just to lead you wrong. 

I believe that man has done an awful lot manipulating of the Bible leaving out what they didn't find convenient at the time.  I also believe far too many just read the passages that justify their behavior

However, far more people in the world are non-Christians than are Christians.  They have rights in this world too

(06-20-2023, 06:58 PM)Leon Wrote: so you admit that Jesus is right on divorce and its a SIN to do other wise. and youll need to be forgiven because it goes against His instruction?

I feel really bad for any divorced single mothers that go to your church... 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2023, 06:59 PM)pally Wrote: I believe that man has done an awful lot manipulating of the Bible leaving out what they didn't find convenient at the time.  I also believe far too many just read the passages that justify their behavior

However, far more people in the world are non-Christians than are Christians.  They have rights in this world too

you think the Bible is maiplulated but you quote from it when you think it serves you point? you either belienve the Word or you dont. cherry picking what you like is as bad as not believing at all. i accept it all as the Truth even what i might not really like or understand
(06-20-2023, 07:06 PM)Leon Wrote: you think the Bible is maiplulated but you quote from it when you think it serves you point? you either belienve the Word or you dont. cherry picking what you like is as bad as not believing at all. i accept it all as the Truth even what i might not really like or understand

I quote from it because YOU claim to believe its every word.  But you don't live it in reality

Matthew 7:12   So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

(06-20-2023, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I feel really bad for any divorced single mothers that go to your church... 

so your saying you know better than the One who sacrificed for YOUR sins? 
(06-20-2023, 07:06 PM)Leon Wrote: you think the Bible is maiplulated but you quote from it when you think it serves you point? you either belienve the Word or you dont. cherry picking what you like is as bad as not believing at all. i accept it all as the Truth even what i might not really like or understand

Do you believe that you do not cherry pick? Do you accept all of the word to be holy? 
(06-20-2023, 07:10 PM)pally Wrote: I quote from it because YOU claim to believe its every word.  But you don't live it in reality

Matthew 7:12   So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

another example of cherry picking. wonder why you didnt use this one

Luke 18:15-17

And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”

you see. every child should be led to God by our actions and we should never do anything that would lead them in any other direction. and we as grown ups should keep that child like innocence an not go along with things that aint of God or lead us away from Him. if you do Jesus clear says you will NOT enter the Kingdom. thats why these drag shows and gender stuff and sexual grooming of kids is so important to Christians
(06-20-2023, 07:13 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Do you believe that you do not cherry pick? Do you accept all of the word to be holy? 

yes because its breathed and inspired by God. are you denying that. 
(06-20-2023, 07:11 PM)Leon Wrote: so your saying you know better than the One who sacrificed for YOUR sins? 

You are barking up the wrong tree with me I am not religious in the slightest. I side with the single divorced mother who probably has good reasons for the choices shes made. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]