Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-09-2023, 04:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Plot twist, now gay bars in Chicago are boycotting AB products in response to the brand distancing itself from Mulvaney.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/bud-light-controversy-takes-a-twist-that-offends-a-whole-new-crowd/ar-AA1aXGHy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9f2c37a969944854a03d8df67f5c8095&ei=105

Gays and conservatives unite, and I don't just mean for their usual secret sexual trysts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-09-2023, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, this will pass.

I did find this bit interesting though.

I guess the trans community and it's sympathizers will be boycotting the Olympics this year, too.  I just saw where trans women will not be allowed to compete in Women's divisions in Paris.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-09-2023, 05:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess the trans community and it's sympathizers will be boycotting the Olympics this year, too.  I just saw where trans women will not be allowed to compete in Women's divisions in Paris.

That being the case I wouldn't be surprised to see it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(05-09-2023, 04:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Plot twist, now gay bars in Chicago are boycotting AB products in response to the brand distancing itself from Mulvaney.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/bud-light-controversy-takes-a-twist-that-offends-a-whole-new-crowd/ar-AA1aXGHy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9f2c37a969944854a03d8df67f5c8095&ei=105

I mean, at least they were savvy enough to boycott all AB products rather than just turning from Bud Light to Busch Light when they were mad. Mellow
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-09-2023, 07:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, at least they were savvy enough to boycott all AB products rather than just turning from Bud Light to Busch Light when they were mad. Mellow

They can buy my new anti-woke beer for conservatives.  The can features a 12 year old girl throwing her school books into a furnace and then marrying a 37 year old man at the behest of her father.
(05-09-2023, 07:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, at least they were savvy enough to boycott all AB products rather than just turning from Bud Light to Busch Light when they were mad. Mellow

The good news is that the local breweries are likely thriving, even momentarily, as a result of this turmoil.  So, even a short lived win for small businesses.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I'm still a big fan of Genesee Cream Ale...I don't even want to look up what they may have said or done or supported.
(05-09-2023, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The good news is that the local breweries are likely thriving, even momentarily, as a result of this turmoil.  So, even a short lived win for small businesses.

That's a common argument with boycotts, that it is at least helping small businesses. The only problem with this argument is boycotts rarely hurt the big companies that are the face of these things, but they can hurt the local small businesses that franchise or distribute the product. AB products, for instance, are distributed in my area by one particular distributor. If AB products were boycotted, especially for the long term, you'd see that business feel the effects. It's like with the CfA boycotts. The national brand didn't really feel an impact but local franchise owners took a hit in some places.

Good ol' economics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/05/09/chicago-gay-bars-face-harassment-after-ditching-bud-light-over-dylan-mulvaney-controversy/

A handful of LGBTQ bars have faced online harassment for discontinuing Anheuser-Busch InBev products after the beer giant distanced itself from a transgender influencer amid backlash.

While many expressed appreciation that the bars were standing up for transgender people, others left transphobic and homophobic messages on their pages, said Mark Robertson, co-owner of 2Bears Tavern Group, which manages four of the five bars.

“We’ve gotten a lot of hate mail, but it’s not my first experience with bullying, so I’ve got pretty tough skin, as do a lot of LGBTQ people who have been through this before,” Robertson said.

“We really felt that Anheuser-Busch InBev completely abandoned the LGBTQ community, particularly the T part of our community.”

(05-09-2023, 09:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm still a big fan of Genesee Cream Ale...I don't even want to look up what they may have said or done or supported.

A Bengals fan who is drinking a cream ale and it's not Little Kings? Shame on you Nate.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(05-15-2023, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A Bengals fan who is drinking a cream ale and it's not Little Kings? Shame on you Nate.

I'm in NW PA, so I assume little kings is more of a southern Ohio thing.  But if i see it, I'll know what to do. 
(05-11-2023, 03:13 PM)Lucidus Wrote: https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/05/09/chicago-gay-bars-face-harassment-after-ditching-bud-light-over-dylan-mulvaney-controversy/

A handful of LGBTQ bars have faced online harassment for discontinuing Anheuser-Busch InBev products after the beer giant distanced itself from a transgender influencer amid backlash.

While many expressed appreciation that the bars were standing up for transgender people, others left transphobic and homophobic messages on their pages, said Mark Robertson, co-owner of 2Bears Tavern Group, which manages four of the five bars.

“We’ve gotten a lot of hate mail, but it’s not my first experience with bullying, so I’ve got pretty tough skin, as do a lot of LGBTQ people who have been through this before,” Robertson said.

“We really felt that Anheuser-Busch InBev completely abandoned the LGBTQ community, particularly the T part of our community.”

I don't drink light beer of any brand, BUT as a true social justice warrior
I had my first two ever Bud lights last Friday evening, to show my support the LGBTQ community. 
Target chose to remove the pride signs because of violent threats.

Who is the problem again?
(05-24-2023, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Target chose to remove the pride signs because of violent threats.

Who is the problem again?

I kind of lost it right at the beginning where the guy is walking like he's one of the Bushwhackers for some reason.  BUt seriously, is that guy drunk or otherwise impaired?  He had a hard time wining a fight with a display.

[Image: bushwackers-wwe.gif]
(05-24-2023, 11:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I kind of lost it right at the beginning where the guy is walking like he's one of the Bushwhackers for some reason.  BUt seriously, is that guy drunk or otherwise impaired?  He had a hard time wining a fight with a display.

[Image: bushwackers-wwe.gif]

Just a "real man"/"real patriot".  They have to stand out so people don't think they are betas.  Mellow
[Image: beer-isnt-everything-sex-must-also-be-in...-ecard.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Anyone heard how AB is doing now that the conservative boycott of their products has surely came and went?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-08-2023, 10:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone heard how AB is doing now that the conservative boycott of their products has surely came and went?

The feeling from analysts is that the 15% drop in sales may be permanent but now is the time to buy their stock because that will rebound

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2023/06/06/anheuser-busch-faces-permanent-15-decline-in-bud-light-sales-but-now-may-be-attractive-time-to-buy-stock/?sh=419decb9197c

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-08-2023, 10:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone heard how AB is doing now that the conservative boycott of their products has surely came and went?

Yeah, this thing definitely has legs and I don't think it's going away soon, if at all.  As I said in the other thread, once you start involving people's children you're going to really rile them up.  We had an incident in Glendale this week were a group protesting against transgender ideology being taught in school were attacked by TGR activists.  The mainstream media predictably labeled it as "right wing extremists" doing the attacking, but friends in Glendale PD said it was the other way around.  Kind of smacks of the school boards labeling concerned parents as "domestic terrorists" and begging the FBI to investigate.

For those that don't know Glendale is a heavily Armenian city and Armenians tend to be a bit more conservative on this type of issue.  I'm sure the media will blame white supremacy though.

EDIT: Here's the link to the incident above. This is at least a non-biased accounting of the event.

https://apnews.com/article/glendale-school-district-pride-month-protests-fighting-adcb1e4f9051256a4f35fb3174137229
(06-08-2023, 12:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, this thing definitely has legs and I don't think it's going away soon, if at all.  As I said in the other thread, once you start involving people's children you're going to really rile them up.  We had an incident in Glendale this week were a group protesting against transgender ideology being taught in school were attacked by TGR activists.  The mainstream media predictably labeled it as "right wing extremists" doing the attacking, but friends in Glendale PD said it was 95% the other way around.  Kind of smacks of the school boards labeling concerned parents as "domestic terrorists" and begging the FBI to investigate.

For those that don't know Glendale is a heavily Armenian city and Armenians tend to be a bit more conservative on this type of issue.  I'm sure the media will blame white supremacy though.

AB didn't involve children.  It involved something more important to some of those people....their beer.

Even Target didn't involve their children.  Their children are only involved if they purchase the product.  Seeing the products triggers the adults not children

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.