Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-14-2023, 08:29 PM)pally Wrote: What is ironic, as I sit here, reading your post, is that your self-righteous, holier-than-thou, self congratulatory statement is that it is comprised of the exact opposite attributes of a humble, grounded, or real person

Somehow in your thinking, only conservatives are "real" and "grounded" and are the only people to love their God, love their families, and love their country.  How in the world is that not a superior attitude towards others?

The left does not have to ban people who don't march in lockstep like Republicans do with those they call "RINOs".
The left does not fear ideas we disagree with to the point of banning exposure to them
The left does not fear education that may expand one's horizons past a narrow view they were raised with

i wasnt talking about you. it was lucifer and dill. not sure why you coming at me over something that wasnt on you

the right is more real and grounded cause we actually show how much we love those things. it aint just talk, we live it and prove it everyday. we dont think were better. but we do think were on the right side of things and were trying to help you all see it to. 

all 3 things you said the left dont do they do all the time. if you cant see that i dont know what to say. 

the left always going after folks just cause they have a different opinion
the left is scared to death of anything they dont consider liberal or profressive
the left only wants you to learn what they say is correct an acceptable and left friendly
yep cause nothing says humble more than bragging about how humble you are

Nothing says patriotism more than not denouncing those in your party that carry a confederate flag or storm the capitol to overturn an election because their leader was whining like a toddler because he lost. Those right-wing MAGA Trumpers are pathetic and it is really sad to watch how their own leader exploits them for his own personal financial gain.

The only thing the Left fears about the right is their never-ending attempt to turn back the clock and their total indifference about the toll their unholy devotion to gun deaths takes on ordinary Americans.

WE won't see things eye to eye

Love your God to your heart's content but this is the United States and you don't get to force your religious beliefs on a secular society. The left undertands that...the rights seems to think the Bible should replace our constitution

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-14-2023, 09:09 PM)pally Wrote: yep cause nothing says humble more than bragging about how humble you are

Nothing says patriotism more than not denouncing those in your party that carry a confederate flag or storming the capitol to overturn an election because their leader was whining like a toddler because he lost.   Those right-wing MAGA Trumpers are pathetic and it is really sad to watch how their own leader exploits them for his own personal financial gain.  

The only thing the Left fears about the right is their never-ending attempt to turn back the clock and their total indifference about the toll their unholy devotion to gun deaths takes on ordinary Americans.

WE won't see things eye to eye

Love your God to your heart's content but this is the United States and you don't get to force your religious beliefs on a secular society.  The left undertands that...the rights seems to think the Bible should replace our constitution

im not a trump supporter so none of goes on me. they are responsible for themselves. the ones who stormed the capitol were wrong. my guy is mike pence. he represents everything good about America.

maga is a stain on the real right. real conservatives. real Americans. so please dont lump me or right wing in with them

also, i never have said the Bible should replace the constitution. i do think they should both be used though when deciding whats good for our country
(06-14-2023, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going to disagree with you on Bellsnickle, Matt often offers fantastic insight into areas of the inner workings of government and policy that I really don't feel like spending the time to educate myself on.  I don't always agree with his opinions, but I damn sure know that he does know what he's talking about.  Stick around a while, and you might learn something..

I could not agree more.  I have infinitely more respect for a well reasoned argument completely contrary to my own position than a poorly sourced or conceived take totally in line with my own thoughts.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/city-votes-unanimously-to-ban-pride-flag-to-respect-the-religious-rights-of-our-citizens/ar-AA1cARms?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bd112da6ad284188a4cb25fb2b1167b4&ei=26
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
(06-15-2023, 02:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/city-votes-unanimously-to-ban-pride-flag-to-respect-the-religious-rights-of-our-citizens/ar-AA1cARms?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bd112da6ad284188a4cb25fb2b1167b4&ei=26

Muslims against the LGBT community.  Leftist's heads are going to explode trying to decide who to support. 
(06-15-2023, 05:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Muslims against the LGBT community.  Leftist's heads are going to explode trying to decide who to support. 

Eh, I don't think it will cause too much consternation. It shouldn't surprise anyone and if anyone is a 1A type person this is squarely in the realm of bullshit that should be overturned in the courts straight away. 

Could you imagine, though, if there were attempts to ban all flags with religious symbolism? The outrage that would ensue would be interesting. Though it could be humorous for California or New York to try to do it saying you can't fly the flag of Alabama, Florida, or any other flag using a variation of the St. Andrew's Cross (including the popular rebel flag) due to the Christian symbolism. I'd love to read the court opinions. 
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-14-2023, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going to disagree with you on Bellsnickle, Matt often offers fantastic insight into areas of the inner workings of government and policy that I really don't feel like spending the time to educate myself on.  I don't always agree with his opinions, but I damn sure know that he does know what he's talking about.  Stick around a while, and you might learn something..

(06-15-2023, 01:05 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I could not agree more.  I have infinitely more respect for a well reasoned argument completely contrary to my own position than a poorly sourced or conceived take totally in line with my own thoughts.

Thanks, y'all. I think I just confuse a lot of people on my positions. I am a rule-of-law kind of guy, but not exactly cop-friendly. I am very much democratic and for power in the hands of the people, but I am also an institutionalist bureaucrat. I am very progressive (for the US, anyway) on a lot of views but they come from policies espoused by both a Republican and a Democrat (look in my signature if you are confused). I hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc., and with that I have strong view on conservation.

So yeah, I have a weird amalgamation of ideals when it comes to my politics. Combine that with a degree in public policy and administration as well as graduate studies in the same (halfway through the masters, then on to a Ph D, maybe) and over a decade of civil service plus 30-ish years involved in the Boy Scouts of America, you get someone with a very well defined moral and ethical code that is devoted to the public good more than 99% of people in this modern age. Good times. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-15-2023, 05:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Muslims against the LGBT community.  Leftist's heads are going to explode trying to decide who to support. 

Personally I am ok with that because I am not a fan of any flag that isn't the U.S. or that state's flag when it's on public property. My reasoning is the 'open a can of worms' argument that if one flag can be flown then any flags like Nazi ones. On private property or business windows, then let hang whatever.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-15-2023, 06:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc., and with that I have strong view on conservation.

We're all conservationists: it's because we not only have respect for the animals and creatures that we target, but we also want these creatures to continue to live and prosper, not only because of our respect, but because we wish to continue these hobbies of ours, as well as pass them on to future generations.

Every billfish and shark I've caught was released with the utmost of care and fully revived before sending back down to the depths and the same goes for every bass and pike (and other species, of course) I release as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(06-14-2023, 06:56 PM)Leon Wrote: you are wasting your time talking to him. he thinks he knows everything and is to blind to see that he doesnt really know anything.

him lucifer, and the other guy you were replying to dill, and also bellnickle always use lots of words and fancy talk but never really say anything of value. to me those 3 are the poster childs for why the left is were its at. the left want to talk smart, look down there noses and pretend they are better than us. 

what the left dont know is folks on the right are grounded and humble and real. we dont need to pretend or act superior. we jusy love our God and our families and our country. thats where real knowlege comes from. 

I don't post much, but have been reading for years, including the old board.  I'd say you summed that up pretty accurately.  Bell isn't that bad though.
(06-14-2023, 08:29 PM)pally Wrote: What is ironic, as I sit here, reading your post, is that your self-righteous, holier-than-thou, self congratulatory statement is that it is comprised of the exact opposite attributes of a humble, grounded, or real person

Somehow in your thinking, only conservatives are "real" and "grounded" and are the only people to love their God, love their families, and love their country.  How in the world is that not a superior attitude towards others?

The left does not have to ban people who don't march in lockstep like Republicans do with those they call "RINOs".
The left does not fear ideas we disagree with to the point of banning exposure to them
The left does not fear education that may expand one's horizons past a narrow view they were raised with

That's not what I have been seeing.

College students can't fathom the idea of hearing an alternate perspective, as one example.
(06-16-2023, 10:29 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's not what I have been seeing.

College students can't fathom the idea of hearing an alternate perspective, as one example.

Here is what I see happening, coming from someone whose campus had something happen in this arena this semester. We had a very anti-trans speaker on campus this spring and it caused quite a stir. Now, every single organization of the employees and students that were in opposition to the speaker put out statements of support for the LGBTQ community and told their folks to just ignore the speaker. They would be putting on a demonstration of support during the event on the other side of campus to avoid the whole thing. The biggest point of concern was making sure that the administration and the SGA (who provided the funding at the request of the student org hosting this person) were not supporting her views. There was no large scale attempt to silence them. There was an outspoken minority that did, but overall the response was to just ignore the speaker and show support for those that she typically denigrates.

(06-16-2023, 10:29 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's not what I have been seeing.

Are you open to the possibility that what you have been seeing may not be the entire picture, or did you go to college?

I do find the college makes you a closed minded liberal argument funny since all the conservative pundits and politicians outside of Lauren Bobert and a few others have college degrees all the way up to doctorates.  
(06-16-2023, 10:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you open to the possibility that what you have been seeing may not be the entire picture, or did you go to college?

Of course. I try to be open minded.

No college.  Went right into the military.  I doubt I would have seen this if I went to college anyway as it would have been over 3 decades ago.

All I can go by is what is reported.  You see right leaning or conservative speakers get canceled and students flipping out.  Riley Gaines, Ben Shapiro, etc, etc, etc.

From my perspective and from what I have seen and read (which is all I can go by) is that the Left/Progressives are intolerant or even become violent when confronted with different viewpoints.

I personally don't care who a speaker is.  I don't have to go.  I don't have to listen.  I can change the channel.  It seems the Left these days have completely lost that ability.

Even Bell said some of the students just couldn't ignore a speaker.  Had to protest on the other side of campus.  Why?  Just don't go.  It's just someone's opinion, but they get so worked up over a different perspective or a speaker.  I feel sorry for these kids in the real world.  Maybe some will get lucky and work in Progressive environments, but there will be quite a few who are going to have quite a rude awakening upon leaving their safe Prog (college) bubble.

I never said college makes you closed minded. Maybe reinforce, keep you in a bubble, but not necessarily makes you a closed minded Prog.
(06-16-2023, 11:01 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Of course.  I try to be open minded.  

No college.  Went right into the military.  I doubt I would have seen this if I went to college anyway as it would have been over 3 decades ago.

All I can go by is what is reported.  You see right leaning or conservative speakers get canceled and students flipping out.  Riley Gaines, Ben Shapiro, etc, etc, etc.

From my perspective and from what I have seen and read (which is all I can go by) is that the Left/Progressives are intolerant or even become violent when confronted with different viewpoints.

I personally don't care who a speaker is.  I don't have to go.  I don't have to listen.  I can change the channel.  It seems the Left these days have completely lost that ability.

Even Bell said some of the students just couldn't ignore a speaker.  Had to protest on the other side of campus.  Why?  Just don't go.  It's just someone's opinion, but they get so worked up over a different perspective or a speaker.  I feel sorry for these kids in the real world.  Maybe some will get luck and work in Progressive environments, but there will be quite a few who are going to have quite a rude awakening upon leaving their safe Prog (college) bubble.

And some folks say you going the military route turned you into a slave to a particular ideology.  And let's not act like the military doesn't have their own infighting and groups that look down on each other. 

You can feel sorry for people who went to college but keep in mind a lot of people who guide your own conservative viewpoints went to college.  It's marketing.  You sell stuff and influence people and you keep your thoughts out of business. 

Progressives and educated people do more than work super progressive jobs.  You not realizing it is part of the game, even. 
(06-16-2023, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: And some folks say you going the military route turned you into a slave to a particular ideology.  And let's not act like the military doesn't have their own infighting and groups that look down on each other. 

You can feel sorry for people who went to college but keep in mind a lot of people who guide your own conservative viewpoints went to college.  It's marketing.  You sell stuff and influence people and you keep your thoughts out of business. 

Progressives and educated people do more than work super progressive jobs.  You not realizing it is part of the game, even. 

I never experienced that in the military.  Nobody tried to push any ideology on me.  I just went to work like anyone else.  I honestly don't remember anyone I worked with talking about politics.  Maybe because most of us were young.  We mostly talked about interests and hobbies, etc.   Never saw any infighting.  Not saying it didn't happen, just that I didn't experience it.

I didn't say I feel sorry for people who went to college.  Not in the slightest.  Having an education is very important.  What I said was I feel sorry for far leftists/Progs who are currently in college and have that protest/sky scream mentality that college these days (that's certainly how appears anyways) can reinforce.

When did I say Progs and educated people always work super progressive jobs?  I said I feel sorry for people living in a Leftist/Prog bubble who then may have to go work with others who have a completely different viewpoint that they had trouble dealing with while in college.

You basically had almost everything I wrote wrong.  Maybe I am just not communicating well in written form.  Never been a strong suite.  I am much better at in person flowing dialogue.  
(06-16-2023, 12:58 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I never experienced that in the military.  Nobody tried to push any ideology on me.  I just went to work like anyone else.  I honestly don't remember anyone I worked with talking about politics.  Maybe because most of us were young.  We mostly talked about interests and hobbies, etc.   Never saw any infighting.  Not saying it didn't happen, just that I didn't experience it.

I didn't say I feel sorry for people who went to college.  Not in the slightest.  Having an education is very important.  What I said was I feel sorry for far leftists/Progs who are currently in college and have that protest/sky scream mentality that college these days (that's certainly how appears anyways) can reinforce.

When did I say Progs and educated people always work super progressive jobs?  I said I feel sorry for people living in a Leftist/Prog bubble who then may have to go work with others who have a completely different viewpoint that they had trouble dealing with while in college.

You basically had almost everything I wrote wrong.  Maybe I am just not communicating well in written form.  Never been a strong suite.  I am much better at in person flowing dialogue.  

A lot of angry and active political young people on both sides get into a normal rut and taper off and get more subtle about it once they fall into an adult routine.  People can get into bubbles and people can get out of them. 

Oddly enough when I was in college I was at my most conservative. 
(06-16-2023, 01:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A lot of angry and active political young people on both sides get into a normal rut and taper off and get more subtle about it once they fall into an adult routine.  People can get into bubbles and people can get out of them. 

Oddly enough when I was in college I was at my most conservative. 

Shocked
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
(06-16-2023, 11:01 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Of course. I try to be open minded.

Even Bell said some of the students just couldn't ignore a speaker.  Had to protest on the other side of campus.  Why?  Just don't go.  It's just someone's opinion, but they get so worked up over a different perspective or a speaker.  I feel sorry for these kids in the real world.  Maybe some will get lucky and work in Progressive environments, but there will be quite a few who are going to have quite a rude awakening upon leaving their safe Prog (college) bubble.

I never said college makes you closed minded. Maybe reinforce, keep you in a bubble, but not necessarily makes you a closed minded Prog.

As someone who left university less than a decade ago (and post-secondary institutions less that 8 years ago and who is still involved with their University at Alumni events and the like), I can unequivocally say that this is not only a blanket generalisation, but it is 100% false. False, lying, BS.

Of the hundreds of people I follow who go to/recently graduated University on IG, I can literally count *3* of them, that are the, "protest everything/make a stink about everything," because it doesn't agree with their POV.

And perhaps 2 dozen are conservative, the rest are ALL left-leaning.

I'm talking HUNDREDS of young people.

Yet, of the 75-90 people I went to elementary, HS and post-secondary with who ARE conservative/on the right, I can unequivocally say that ALL of them, save for... 11 of them, post *DAILY*, the conservative propaganda that comes from the US.

I've muted almost all of them because all they do is shove this bullshit propaganda down everyone's throats: I want to go to IG to enjoy myself and keep abreast on those close to me, not to see political crap.

So from my experience as a younger person and whom follows/is around significantly more young people than yourself, I again call 100% BS, on your sweeping, generalised statement.

And in my experience my whole life, while PROTESTING is almost exclusively on the left, being an asshole and complaining about everything that they don't like, is almost exclusively a right-leaning practice.

I am slightly left of center on the spectrum, btw (if you know how Kevin Nash is politically-speaking, I am essentially 1:1 like him), so I have no horse in this race (I do think some of the left protesting is a bit over the top, but not in every case).

EDIT**

Nowadays, specifically over this alternative lifestyle subject, it seems the left is completely, "live and let live," with the right being the ones to complain and be pissed off all the time...

I mean, just look at this thread for proof.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]