Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Burrow Injured Badly?
I’m out watching the game with people so we couldn’t really hear the announcers and I haven’t seen anyone mention it on Facebook, but is Burrow hurt?

The first play of the second quarter, Burrow’s arm got hit and they originally ruled it a fumble and then it got reversed, but did Joe hurt his shoulder or elbow on that play?

It looked bad and then every pass I remember seeing was floated to the receiver and had no zip.

Is he ok? Did they say during or after that he’s hurt?

Is Burrow going to get Bungalized?
Reply/Quote
I mean he's looked terrible all season. Hard to tell if he got worse or not.

He looks like a shell of his former self. Not just physically, but how he processes plays.

The whole team looks broken. Stale. Uninspired. Minus the defensive line. They are playing hard.
Reply/Quote
He’s going to need to have his right arm amputated.

People doubt the existence of The Curse. If you don’t believe now, you never will.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He’s going to need to have his right arm amputated.

People doubt the existence of The Curse. If you don’t believe now, you never will.

It's just crazy that he plays this bad after the extension. I'm sure the calf plays a big part, but still.
Reply/Quote
He's injured enough to not be able to be Joe Burrow. He has no business playing again until at least after the bye.
Reply/Quote
Stats show he got hit 9 times, sacked three times, and fumbled once. He certainly wasn't kept clean today
Reply/Quote
He has no mobility and he can't push off his leg. He is clearly hurt not close to being playable right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just like the beginning of the Marvin/Palmer era, we thought this team finally found their mojo. But for some reason, they are incapable of having any sustained success
Reply/Quote
It is fraud how much Burrow is getting paid and his performance. It is ridiculous to think he is a top QB right now. He SUCKS and this team got taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Stats show he got hit 9 times, sacked three times, and fumbled once.  He certainly wasn't kept clean today

Some of that was on him. Some on the line.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Just like the beginning of the Marvin/Palmer era, we thought this team finally found their mojo.  But for some reason, they are incapable of having any sustained success

Sadly. You've had the best post of the day.
Reply/Quote
It's not just the running which Burrow might have run for a 1st down or 2 in most games. He doesn't have the subtle moves in the pocket to avoid any pressure and extend plays. I wonder if knowing he doesn't have that in his back pocket is messing with his mental clock/field awareness.

On the throws themselves. Watching Goodberrys game preview he mentioned wanting to put a clip together of his new throwing stance with the calf. Then mentioned he got to the 15th different and realized he just searching for whatever works when normally he's very consistent mechanically.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Stats show he got hit 9 times, sacked three times, and fumbled once.  He certainly wasn't kept clean today

Burrow is immobile back there also not showing pocket awareness. Makes keeping him clean very difficult. 
Reply/Quote
He stares receivers down too.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Just like the beginning of the Marvin/Palmer era, we thought this team finally found their mojo. But for some reason, they are incapable of having any sustained success

Yeah man I agree. It feels like those Carson years where we had TJ, Chad, Rudi Johnson, Palmer, and our offense looked awful. We have way too much talent on both sides to be this bad 4 games in a row. Run D is pathetic. Burrow has no time to throw for the 4th year in a row. We “fixed the line”. We spent on 3 free agents for O line and we still can’t sustain a play long enough for these receivers to get open more than 9 yards down the field. Mixon was eating and we just didn’t feed him.

Sad to say, but at 1-3 we have zero shot of a Super Bowl and I doubt we make the playoffs. Yes we’re one game back of Cleveland, and Pittsburgh looks bad. Watch the games and you can tell, this team simply sucks right now. Burrow looks bad. Is it because of the calf? If so, bench him until he’s healthy and depending how the season goes, probably a lot of L’s, shut him down for the year. We were non competitive in 3 out of 4 games. Not like we lost on last second plays. We were embarrassed 3 out of 4 games. This team, as it is, might win 5 games all year. I don’t know the fix, but something is broken. Not wrong, it’s broken.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He stares receivers down too.

Waiting for the pick six when he does this. It is going to happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter how much talent you have, it's like red rover, the opposing team is picking our weak young and slow older defenders. A hobbled Burrow is easy to contain, there is a large chunk of his game dedicated to moving in the pocket and running.

We look worse than ever because we usually don't get blown out like this so often, we usually lose by 3.

Josh Allen took like a 20 step drop back today and floated a 30 yarder to an open man off his back foot; although this is classic Josh Allen, it was hilarious to see because Burrow can't step back at all really, consistently, or trustworthily. Think of all the plays Burrow has made with his feet, even rolling away from the pocket, that almost out of bounds TD throw in the playoffs, none of that anymore.
Reply/Quote
Is Joe injured badly? Well, he certainly isn't injured wonderfully.. I have the utmost confidence in Jake to..do something. We might not like what he does, but I have confidence he'll do it.. He's now an experienced clipboard holder at least..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Joe passed at 66 percent, but really no big play passes. Longest completion was 17 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Joe passed at 66 percent, but really no big play passes.  Longest completion was 17 yards.

He isn't even close on longer throws. Has to be something else wrong besides his calf.
Reply/Quote