• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Burrow Injured Badly?
(10-02-2023, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL grades from yesterday:

Orlando Brown: 78.2
Jonah Williams: 71.8
Ted Karras: 58.6
Cordell Volson: 37.6
Alex Cappa: 36.4

The guards are definitely playing like that Mike Jordan right now.
Wtf happen to cappa?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 11:55 PM)ah5 Wrote: Wtf happen to cappa?

Probably not back to 100% yet after that late season injury, and Jeffrey Simmons
and that Titans pass rush is nasty.

Cappa will be fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: one thing this year is settling is Burrow is not in Mahomes league .
Because an ankle injury is not the same as a calf injury? I like Mahomes even though his wife and family are d bags, but saying they aren't in the same league is stupid.
Reply/Quote
The big problem with calf injuries is they can take as much as 6 months to get right and that's without playing professional football every week. It's a complex set of muscles and with it being his plant foot......

The comment about the Mahomes ankle sprain in this thread is also silly. You can manage that injury much easier with painkillers and support. Ligaments and muscles are very different things.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:01 AM)ah5 Wrote: Because an ankle injury is not the same as a calf injury? I like Mahomes even though his wife and family are d bags, but saying they aren't in the same league is stupid.

Bringing in family with  rude comments  in a football  forum that has zero bearing on the post is not just stupid but disrespectful and yes Mahomes has separated himself more over Burrow, he was already above him as a player but  now that gap has widened. Mahomes is just more athletic and which enables play hurt  better.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 10:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If the guy gets blown up again this week (which he's sure to do) and the coaches don't move Karras to LG and give Trey Hill a shot at C, they're totally incompetent and just sitting back "hoping", which is a massive hill of bullshit.

That and they should have already been making more of an effort to run the ball. Mixon is playing better this year. Not that they should run him 30 times a game but he should be getting about 5 more a game than he has. 

It seemed to me Volson started playing better the last 1/3 of last season. But man it sure looks like he's getting beat like a drum this season. And yes I agree if he continues down this path I can't believe they won't give someone else a shot?
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-big-joe-burrow-announcement/ar-AA1hJE5g?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c54d3f653e3f46cfafffe3400b3cf5a9&ei=16

I sure hope it's true but man as bad as he's looked.

I have very serious doubts.

Cheers here's to hoping
Reply/Quote
Bad time to bring up what Dianna Russini said in the preseason that she was told by someone with the Bengals that Burrow wasn't going to be ready to play by Week 1?
Sure, he ended up being out there so on the surface it looks like she was wrong (or whoever gave her that opinion was wrong), but maybe he shouldn't have tried to rush back by Week 1 after all given how he's played and it's clearly still affecting him physically and/or mentally.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 09:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-big-joe-burrow-announcement/ar-AA1hJE5g?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c54d3f653e3f46cfafffe3400b3cf5a9&ei=16

I sure hope it's true but man as bad as he's looked.

I have very serious doubts.

Cheers here's to hoping

the problem we have heard similar since end of preseason.. Burrow looking good, i feel ready to go etc... at some point he either needs to be able to play better even with the aliment so maybe this weekend it will happen... if not 1-4 nice time to give Browning a shot to see what he has to offer
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 03:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the problem we have heard similar since end of preseason.. Burrow looking good, i feel ready to go etc... at some point he either needs to be able to play better even with the aliment so maybe this weekend it will happen... if not 1-4 nice time to give Browning a shot to see what he has to offer

How 'bout now? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How 'bout now? 

Season is lost, we are 1 game out of first place.  Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote