Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dalton Hurt Or Tanking?
(12-09-2019, 01:13 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe he's just a mediocre QB.

He is a mediocre QB and that's why ZTs inability to get more than a single win in 13 games with him on the roster is troubling. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I said he was short-arming it but a lot of the throws was just also him releasing the ball too late....... it's like he forgot how to throw, and that actually would make me think more along the lines that he's intentionally tanking it.
Reply/Quote
Maybe that’s why they benched him to begin with, he was trying too hard. Almost won a game or two, then they go back to him only to get a fu from Andy by winning a game. Now their serious, told him to knock the nonsense off and shut that S$@t down. We have a first overall pick to screw up.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 06:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Alright, some of these throws that Dalton has made today make me believe that he's either hurt or is just trying to suck so we get pissed and cut him.

That doesn't make sense though because what kind of team would sign a QB that has looked like he can't throw a ball?

It's almost like he's short-arming it or something.  

Am I seeing this wrong?

Heading in the one direction (either really) the wind was really swirling.  Same thing happened to Baker, but he still threw high-arcing balls...Hence the three INTs...four, if you count Vigil's.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I said he was short-arming it but a lot of the throws was just also him releasing the ball too late.......  it's like he forgot how to throw, and that actually would make me think more along the lines that he's intentionally tanking it.

Yeah the conversation went something like this " Andy go out there and make yourself look really bad so we can draft your replacement  and nullify your 17 mil contract and make sure no other team will hire you next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 06:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Alright, some of these throws that Dalton has made today make me believe that he's either hurt or is just trying to suck so we get pissed and cut him.

That doesn't make sense though because what kind of team would sign a QB that has looked like he can't throw a ball?

Am I seeing this wrong?

It’s all part of Andy’s devious plan to ensure that contract extension....

1. Play like crap, making himself untradeable.

2. Team will keep him on roster because he is under contract.

3. Team will not draft replacement because Andy is here.

4. Team will start Andy next year because Finley blows.

5. Team will extend Andy because he is one of our own.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I said he was short-arming it but a lot of the throws was just also him releasing the ball too late.......  it's like he forgot how to throw, and that actually would make me think more along the lines that he's intentionally tanking it.

It makes you wonder if Palmer and Boomer demanded trades because they were asked to lose on purpose and they didn't want to do it.  ZT and Dalton seem to be losing on purpose, which is extra depressing since there is a good chance they are both still here in 2020.
Reply/Quote

Am I seeing this wrong?

we got our eye on the prize....  and that aint wins this year.
Reply/Quote
It's been time to move on from him. He's just blah.

BUT HE'S NOT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM AND FINLEYGALA SUCKS TOO BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Shut up.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
For Andy loved the Bengals so much that he intentionally sacrificed his career so they could draft his replacement.
Reply/Quote

That was my impression.  This didn't seem to be a case of his normal "bad Andy" throwing which tends to be aimed at some mythical 15 ft tall receiver.  Yesterday's really bad passes were thrown hard into the ground like something was wrong with his arm or motion.  I really doubt he was doing it deliberately, even if ordered.  That would seriously be out of character for Andy Dalton.  Besides he is playing for the rest of his career.  If the Bengals are trying to replace him, why in the world would he do something to not only help them but potentially jeopardize any future he has with another team?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ordering Andy Dalton to go out and play poorly is like ordering post-Happy Gilmore Adam Sandler to go out and make bad movies.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 01:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That certainly wasn’t the case in 2011-2015, especially 2015.  That was the year AJ McCarron pushed Andy to improve in training camp and Andy responded with greatness.  I was at the games.  I heard the “MVP!” chants.

From 2011 through 2014 he was absolutely a mediocre QB. He was so frustrating because he'd have a good game and then two bad ones. And then a string of 3 strong games, followed by 2 embarrassing games. There's a reason the memes of "bad Andy" and "good Andy" and even "Primetime Andy" became so popular. He was frustrating and clearly the weak point of our offense at various extended periods of time from 2011 through 2014.

Then in 2015 he broke out. We had a loaded offense and a good offensive line. We thought "Finally! he is reaching his potential. He has discarded bad Andy and has just become...Andy." Unfortunately the season was lost due to his injury. And then Jones and Sanu left. Followed by Zeitler and Whitworth a year later. And our downward spiral would continue from there.

We've patiently waited for Dalton to regain his 2015 form. He showed some promise (and the same frustrations) in 2016, 2017 and 2018. This season was basically his last shot and now, due to his lack of an offensive line and playmakers, he has finally hit rock bottom.

He's a fine QB. But he is not part of this rebuild we're about to undergo. And he is not good enough to justify not drafting his replacement at the top of the draft.

He is not tanking nor is he injured. This is just who he is. He has a good game where he looks inspired (Jets game). Then he looks so bad you're convinced he's doing it on purpose (Cleveland). If we want to escape this hell spiral, Andy must be replaced.
Reply/Quote
I missed a lot of the game, but the statline doesn't look horrible. Looks kinda meh. Maybe he was trying to compensate for the high throw to Tate that got picked?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: I missed a lot of the game, but the statline doesn't look horrible. Looks kinda meh. Maybe he was trying to compensate for the high throw to Tate that got picked?

we moved the ball all over the field without to much issue.. (except the endzone   we did not move the ball there often...) but that might have been the plan.  if we had scored on all them redzone trips we would be 2-11 and picking #2 in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: I missed a lot of the game, but the statline doesn't look horrible. Looks kinda meh. Maybe he was trying to compensate for the high throw to Tate that got picked?

Its pretty sad that he misses a 9 yard pass to a wide open WR as bad as he missed. I remember seeing pee wee QBs throw 9 yard passes with more accuracy. That said he made some good throws yesterday, but throws like the pick 6 and a handful of other head-scratchers ruin it. Thats Andy tho. With a good OL and AJ Green hes average.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:  He was frustrating and clearly the weak point of our offense at various extended periods of time from 2011 through 2014.

From '11 through '14 the Bengals were top half of the league in passing yards, tds, and efficiency rating.  Meanwhile the run game was 20th in yards and 24th in yards per carry.

Green was a great receiver, but no other Bengal had a season with more than 800 receiving yards.  Our number 2 receiver over that stretch (Gresham) averaged just 562 yards and 5 tds per season with an average yards per catch under 10.  
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought it was generally agreed upon that QBR is a joke. That's what those stats are based off of, QBR.
Reply/Quote