Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else still mad as hell?
I'm glad we won but I have been mad as hell since that absolutely ridiculous call on the obvious Eifert TD.

I can't get over it. We would have been up 28-0 if not for that and the endzone pick.

Not to mention Marvin Lewis decided to not use any timeouts when we are at midfield with the ball before halftime.

Oh my god I am so pissed off
Reply/Quote
It's whatever.

Still a 4 TD day for Dalton and we won a divisional game. Just gotta let it go and move on.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I know but im so mad that we were so close to being screwed out of a dominant division win.

UGH!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm still pissed off rom Gresh in 2011. Notice that was also in Bmore?

Both calls were bullshit and both were TDs; in EVERY instance of this rule that I can remembr, the home team has gotten the call (Calvin V Bears, Gresh V Ratbirds, Dez V Pack and today).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:39 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'm glad we won but I have been mad as hell since that absolutely ridiculous call on the obvious Eifert TD.

I can't get over it.  We would have been up 28-0 if not for that and the endzone pick.

Not to mention Marvin Lewis decided to not use any timeouts when we are at midfield with the ball before halftime.

It's aterrible rule.  Because of those things, though, it forced the whole team to reach down and gut out a win.    Also. I gotta think this way is even more devastating to the losers, which makes it even sweeter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No. Next question.
Reply/Quote
How would you like to be the Rats who got beaten despite one of the more egregious examples of home field officiating in recent league history?
Reply/Quote
I thought he made the catch in the field of play and became a runner. He then broke the plane and it should have been a TD. The announcers were almost giddy about it not being a catch.'

That said I do not understand the call by Marvin. Should have lined up with a hard count and tried to draw them offsides. Once that worked or not, you kick the FG to go up three scores. If you're successful on the hard count, it's a first down and we punch it in.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Good to see some heart and guts from this team, but it should have been an easy victory for the bengals. The refs were ridiculous. And Eifert's catch was a TD! He caught the pass, turned, dove to the end zone, ball crossed the plain, defender's foot knocked ball loose after the score. At the most it is a fumble that Whit recovered anyway. TD. Even the NFL Gameday guys said it was a TD!
Reply/Quote
To be fair, the NFL needs to clean up this rule. Sure, he broke the plane and had possession beforehand, but fell to the ground and it became loose.

This rule needs to be fixed and better defined.

The question in every NFL game seems to be: what is a catch?
Reply/Quote
That is equal to the other worst call ive ever seen, a roughing call on Justin Smith when he tackled a QB who was running the ball...
Reply/Quote
Pretty annoying. I'm not really a big fan of the rule.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Pretty annoying.  I'm not really a big fan of the rule.

It's not even a fully defined rule, that's the most annoying part.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:39 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'm glad we won but I have been mad as hell since that absolutely ridiculous call on the obvious Eifert TD.

I can't get over it.  We would have been up 28-0 if not for that and the endzone pick.

It's the rule, unfortunately.

I still think that kicking a FG would have been the right play call. Would have put the team up 17-0.

Reply/Quote
No excuses, Eifert should have held onto the ball, should have caught the wide open pass he dropped, and at 6'6" 250 lbs. he certainly should be a better blocker (weak attempt to block which caused the Dalton fumble.)
Reply/Quote
Lots of time in the season for the Bengals to find their stride. Tough tough place to play, tough division opponent, and the Bengals opened their stadium - so to come out of their with a win shows a lot. Silver lining: The gutsy, gritty come back after multiple self foot shooting shows maturity and poise.

My notes of hate....
- DreK... Goodness. Get the butter out for this guy... He got TOASTED.
- Eifert... Great player, bad game. It happens.
- Nelson... Terrible this game.
- LBs... Struggled.
- WANTED: 4th down D. Man, the D was great on most downs, but giving the Ravens air let them have confidence.

- Marvin... I LOVED going for the TD on 4th. HATED sitting on the ball at the end of the half. It's 2015. The teams that win Superbowls don't waste possessions and the bengals have the weapons to score from anywhere as evidenced later in the game. EVERY possession should count. The Pats kill teams - the Bengals are happy with a 14 point lead at the half. This needs to change.
Reply/Quote
My guess is the NFL will come out this week and say the refs got the call wrong. It's true that a WR has to control the catch all the way to the ground. Its also true that a RB only has to break the plane. What they got wrong was that as soon as Eifert caught the ball, turned, and extended it over the goal line, he was making a "football move" with the ball and at that point became a runner. It was incorrectly ruled incomplete.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:08 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Lots of time in the season for the Bengals to find their stride. Tough tough place to play, tough division opponent, and the Bengals opened their stadium - so to come out of their with a win shows a lot. Silver lining: The gutsy, gritty come back after multiple self foot shooting shows maturity and poise.

My notes of hate....
- DreK... Goodness. Get the butter out for this guy... He got TOASTED.
- Eifert... Great player, bad game. It happens.
- Nelson... Terrible this game.
- LBs... Struggled.
- WANTED: 4th down D. Man, the D was great on most downs, but giving the Ravens air let them have confidence.

- Marvin... I LOVED going for the TD on 4th. HATED sitting on the ball at the end of the half. It's 2015. The teams that win Superbowls don't waste possessions and the bengals have the weapons to score from anywhere as evidenced later in the game. EVERY possession should count. The Pats kill teams - the Bengals are happy with a 14 point lead at the half. This needs to change.

Lol what?
Reply/Quote
It was the correct call. The Bengals won. Who gives a crap?
Reply/Quote

I'm not nearly as mad at a stupid rule that applies to all teams than a HC that chose to go for it, instead of go up 17-0 and then pissed away another opportunity to get points before the half with poor clock management.  Marvin let the Ravens off the mat and he damn near paid for it.

I'm very, VERY happy with the win, but this kind of stupidity will not survive a good team in the playoffs.  This HAS to stop.  How can he STILL not know how to manage the clock?
Reply/Quote