Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else still mad as hell?
(09-27-2015, 06:39 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'm glad we won but I have been mad as hell since that absolutely ridiculous call on the obvious Eifert TD.

I can't get over it.  We would have been up 28-0 if not for that and the endzone pick.

Not to mention Marvin Lewis decided to not use any timeouts when we are at midfield with the ball before halftime.

Oh my god I am so pissed off

eifert was not running nor was he a running back that simply needed to place the ball over the goal line.. he needed to hold on to the ball and complete the reception..which he did not..the call was correct
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 10:31 AM)xavierdude Wrote: eifert was not running nor was he a running back that simply needed to place the ball over the goal line.. he needed to hold on to the ball and complete the reception..which he did not..the call was correct

No it was not correct.  He took FOUR steps in the field of play which completes the reception and makes him a runner.  So if a guy catches a pass at the five and takes four steps and lunges for the end zone and crosses the plane but loses the ball when it hits the ground or a defender's shoe that isn't a catch?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:39 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'm glad we won but I have been mad as hell since that absolutely ridiculous call on the obvious Eifert TD.

I can't get over it. We would have been up 28-0 if not for that and the endzone pick.

Not to mention Marvin Lewis decided to not use any timeouts when we are at midfield with the ball before halftime.

Oh my god I am so pissed off

Eifert needs to be more aware of the situation no need to stretch for that TD when he has the first down. i like the effort but that extra effort is where we saw Gresham lose a lot of footballs as well... But this is like the Dez Bryant TD (non TD) last year... and they were at least consistant in calling it incomplete
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 10:53 AM)EatonFan Wrote: No it was not correct.  He took FOUR steps in the field of play which completes the reception and makes him a runner.  So if a guy catches a pass at the five and takes four steps and lunges for the end zone and crosses the plane but loses the ball when it hits the ground or a defender's shoe that isn't a catch?

he was still in the act of going to the ground while completing the catch which means he has to hold onto the ball once he goes to the ground..

I thought it should have been a TD but apparently he didnt have control soon enough.

Reminds of Greshams TD where he stretched out and when his hand hit he lost the ball and they said incomplete.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:16 AM)McC Wrote: Since it's a concept, of course it's abstract.   No, you can't touch it.  But can you touch love or anger or any other emotion?  Doesn't mean they don't exist.

The real issue was firing up the home crowd, which was dead silent at the time.  And getting nothing did fire them up.  Difference of opinion.  

Here comes another can of worms! Big Grin

Emotions are abstract too. They may be real, but not until they become physical manifestations of a choice. You can choose to not love or become angry, therefore, they're not real. Tongue

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Eifert needs to be more aware of the situation  no need to stretch for that TD when he has the first down.     i like the effort but that extra effort is where we saw Gresham lose a lot of footballs as well...  But this is like the Dez Bryant TD (non TD) last year...  and they were at least consistant in calling it incomplete
It's also where Eifert had his elbow dislocated last season.  You'd think he would be aware of that.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: I agree completely. We had them on the ropes, our D was playing well, and we were getting the ball 1st after halftime. I have no problem that he went for it there. We have been wanting to see more aggression out of ML for years. Now he's doing it.

Loved the call here.   Hated his clock management at the end of the first half, but loved this.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: End of the half, we were getting the ball back anyway. Screw being timid and worrying about momentum, step on their throats!

This is what championship teams do.  Think of the Steelers (especially with Bradshaw), Patriots, Packers, Cowboys.

It was a chance to finish the game early.  I like the mindset of the team this year.
Reply/Quote