Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too early?
To post a thread bashing Bodine? The guy was literally a turnstile today, on one particular play I watched him turning his head each direction, as he watched Jets DLmen blow right by. And, if I have to continue to see him turn to look at Andy, under a pile, with his hands on his freakin' hips, I may just have to jump through the TV screen and sling his ass by his facemask.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he improves. I really hope he does, but I do not see it happening based on his performance last year and now here after week one. If there is one type of pressure that can detonate an offense it's pressure up the middle. If your center is the weakest link than you're going to have problems.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To post a thread bashing Bodine?  The guy was literally a turnstile today, on one particular play I watched him turning his head each direction, as he watched Jets DLmen blow right by.  And, if I have to continue to see him turn to look at Andy, under a pile, with his hands on his freakin' hips, I may just have to jump through the TV screen and sling his ass by his facemask.

He is being...uh...critiqued in this thread and that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not too early for me. And what disturbs me even more is the lack of an alternative currently on the team. Dalton won't likely survive with many more performances like today.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:33 PM)McC Wrote: He is being...uh...critiqued in this thread and that.

Lol, I figured as much.  But, you know, my fan rage merits it's own thread.  Besides, a sucky performance as he did, deserves it's own derogatory thread. ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:35 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Not too early for me. And what disturbs me even more is the lack of an alternative currently on the team. Dalton won't likely survive with many more performances like today.

If the Bengals had a Center that could block, I'm not sure that there is a defense in the league that could stop that offense.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I really hope the guy improves, nobody wants to see any Bengal play like trash. But he did and has for a lot of his time as a Bengal. Let's hope he can improve over the course of the season, but if it doesn't look like he will we are definitely going to have to address this in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, I figured as much.  But, you know, my fan rage merits it's own thread.  Besides, a sucky performance as he did, deserves it's own derogatory thread. ThumbsUp

I should have also said, no, it is not too early.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
The oddest thing about Bodine's blocking is the number of times you see him match up against the defender, hold the block for a second and then just twist and head upfield as if he's expecting the pass to have been made. He never follows the defender after he's been beaten and he won't attempt to hold as a way to avoid sacks, he just lets them go through.

I don't know enough about OL play to know why he is bad, but it sure looks like he's missing the fire and nastiness to play the position at a high level.

Is Trevor Robinson on a roster at the moment? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:37 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I really hope the guy improves, nobody wants to see any Bengal play like trash. But he did and has for a lot of his time as a Bengal. Let's hope he can improve over the course of the season, but if it doesn't look like he will we are definitely going to have to address this in the offseason.

Yeah, we've all been...waiting for him to improve.  Looks not likely to happen in his career with the Bengals.

On the second part, there were good options available in both free agency and the draft.  The team elected to go with neither.  Tells me that they like him... Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If Paul Alexander reviews this game and doesn't realize this turnstile problem needs addressing, Bodine must be blackmailing him.
Reply/Quote
If this thread were from two years ago, then yes it would have been too early to bash his play. Since it was started today, you're perfectly fine Ninja
Reply/Quote
I wonder what ol' Zerker is thinking today?

And yes, it's official, the Piano Man's hand picked pet project is trash.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well, TJJ hit his own ass with a shotgun snap in the Preseason, so maybe we don't have an upgrade on the roster.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:39 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: The oddest thing about Bodine's blocking is the number of times you see him match up against the defender, hold the block for a second and then just twist and head upfield as if he's expecting the pass to have been made.  He never follows the defender after he's been beaten and he won't attempt to hold as a way to avoid sacks, he just lets them go through.

I don't know enough about OL play to know why he is bad, but it sure looks like he's missing the fire and nastiness to play the position at a high level.

Is Trevor Robinson on a roster at the moment? Ninja

I remember Berserker saying, believe it was early last season, about Bodine lacking the nastiness, lacking the hand punch to be a good Pass pro Center. I have zero experience at O-line. But I believe he was exactly right !

And no it's by no means to early.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:45 PM)McC Wrote: Well, TJJ hit his own ass with a shotgun snap in the Preseason, so maybe we don't have an upgrade on the roster.

[Image: 949c38558eb7dda57eaa77e6fc61baff.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I remember Berserker saying, believe it was early last season, about Bodine lacking the nastiness, lacking the hand punch to be a good Pass pro Center. I have zero experience at O-line. But I believe he was exactly right !

And no it's by no means to early.

What's more disturbing, is his total lack of awareness to even throw his body in front of a defender, and at least cause him to have to step over his lame ass.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Let me tell you something: Kevin Zeitler got steamrolled out there because (1) Russell Bodine was horrendous and (2) Andre Smith is in Minnesota. With this in mind, Andy Dalton became a crash test dummy and neither Jeremy Hill nor Giovani Bernard could get past initial contact when they ran the ball. If Andy Dalton wasn't elite the Bengals would be 0-1 right now. It's true. He got that ball out faster than ever and took over the game.

Paul Alexander needs to be on notice. What I saw against the Jets was a pathetic effort at best; our skill players are going to get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's more disturbing, is his total lack of awareness to even throw his body in front of a defender, and at least cause him to have to step over his lame ass.

I know, I just don't get it ??

Maybe he's at least yelling "Lookout Andy"  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, we've all been...waiting for him to improve.  Looks not likely to happen in his career with the Bengals.

On the second part, there were good options available in both free agency and the draft.  The team elected to go with neither.  Tells me that they like him... Mellow

They traded up to pick him in the draft only 2 years ago, so I imagine the Bengals just aren't too keen to give up a the guy considering we never trade up for anything. 

I'm just trying to be optimistic, I thought he was absolute trash today, and the weak link all last year.
Reply/Quote