Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this Daltons "Brady /Beldsoe" moment?
Come on already with this Dalton BS.. No one cares..
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: their offense resembles cincy 2015

Dalton won plenty of games with his arm that year. 

We had a defense to match though. That Dallas team is not that good. They have a shot at the playoffs because their division is abysmal, but it would probably be a one and done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Isn't the cowboys OL banged up? I thought they lost their tackles. The sad part is that even with injuries they put our OL to shame 

Yes, the Cowboys offensive line is banged up. But you know what? They have the same mentality as the Patriots and the the Steelers: Next man up. C’mon, how many times have we seen a Steeler offensive lineman go down against the Bengals and the backup player comes in and plays just as well? That’s NFL normal everyplace but Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: For those of us who can recall, about 20 yrs ago the Pats were in a playoff run when their #1 draft Pick QB; Drew Bledsoe went down for the yr....and on came this unknown 6th rounder guy named Tom Brady and rest is history.

You have to wonder now after what happened to Dak Prescott if this is Andy's coming out party with some playoff victories etc.
He has a great OL, an owner who gets it and lots of weapons.....he did look good on that drive I saw to win it.

Dak looks to be out into next season if not for good.....feel bad for the guy

He went down week 2... They werent already in a playoff run too.. Comparing Red BB to Brady? Goh.. Not even close to the same situation...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:13 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: If they have to rely on Andy to win the game, they will be disappointed.  Just as we were in Cincinnati. He cannot carry the team with his arm. 

Despite having one of the better defenses in the league during most of playoff run under Dalton the Bengals could not win shit if Dalton was not playing well.  

If Dalton did not have a passer rating of at least 90 the Bengals only won .361% of their games (26-46), but if he was over 90 then they won over 75% of their games (46-15).

Dalton carried the Bengals while he was here.

Who do you think carried our offense?  The running game? Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite having one of the better defenses in the league during most of playoff run under Dalton the Bengals could not win shit if Dalton was not playing well.  

If Dalton did not have a passer rating of at least 90 the Bengals only won .361% of their games (26-46), but if he was over 90 then they won over 75% of their games (46-15).

Dalton carried the Bengals while he was here.

Who do you think carried our offense? The running game? Hilarious LMAO

That AJ Green guy used to be pretty good...

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: While I hate the Dallas Cowboys with a hot seething vitriol, I don’t hate Andy Dalton.  I’m happy he’s getting a chance to start on a team which appreciates him just as I am happy Andrew Whitworth is having success in Los Angeles.  Heck, I’m happy Mike Zimmer is successful in Minnesota.

Currently the Bengals are functioning as a AAA farm team for the rest of the NFL so it’s like watching players get called up to the big leagues and make good.  Okay, I’m even happy for Rex Burkhead in New England.  

I’m not sure this qualifies as Brady-Bledsoe but I predict Andy Dalton gets his first playoff win with Dallas.  If the Bengals were playoff bound I might feel different but the chances of turning the season around are slim and none — and slim just left town.

Andy bled orange and black and he compiled a respectable record in Cincinnati.  I just hate seeing him wearing that icky helmet with the ugly blue star.
Go check out the Vikings message boards. They are calling for Zimmers head now. They loved him not too long ago. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No.  Brady had never played in the NFL.  Dalton was an eight or nine year starter.

Maybe not Brady, but this could definitely be a "Jim Plunkett" story.

Plunkett had been a starter for 7 seasons and never even made the playoff when he signed as a back up for the Raiders.  In 1980 Oaklands starting QB was former Pro-Bowler Dan Pastorini who had won multiple postseason games with the Oilers, but he struggled early in the season and the Raiders were only 2-3 after he got knocked out of the 5th game of the season. Plunkett stepped in and went 13-2 as a starter to lead the Raiders to a Super Bowl championship.   He played out of his mind in the AFC Championship and Super Bowl going a combined 27-39 for 522 yards, 5 tds and zero interceptions plus running for a 6th td.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That AJ Green guy used to be pretty good...

Bengals 2016
with Green...............................3-6-1
Dalton without Green................3-3
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals 2016
with Green...............................3-6-1
Dalton without Green................3-3

Pretty small sample size no? AJ was obviously pivotal in our 11-15 success. To say Andy “carried the offense” is patently false. Many would argue it was the other way around.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Come on already with this Dalton BS.. No one cares..

People are going to care until we get to the playoffs. It may not take a record 5 straight times (a win will do), but the QB of the "glory years" won't soon be forgotten. It doesn't seem anyway the way this team is headed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty small sample size no? AJ was obviously pivotal in our 11-15 success. To say Andy “carried the offense” is patently false. Many would argue it was the other way around.

yea, Benjarvis Green ellis really dominated
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:40 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Go check out the Vikings message boards. They are calling for Zimmers head now. They loved him not too long ago. 

Horrible call to go for it on fourth down last night.

The announcers kept saying that it was the correct call based on analytics, but there is no way in Hell that a team up by 8 has the exact same chance of winning a game as a team up by just 5.  If they had been attempting a 50+ yard FG that could have easily been missed and given Seattle the ball on the 40 I could see the logic.  But they were inside  the 10 and a FG makes it impossible to lose in overtime and not only forces the opponent to score a td but also get the 2 point conversion to force overtime.

Their math had to be off someway.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty small sample size no? AJ was obviously pivotal in our 11-15 success. To say Andy “carried the offense” is patently false. Many would argue it was the other way around.

There really wasn't any weapons on those teams except 2015. I don't know very many, if any of his receivers that don't have career best in a major stat. Like for example Marvin Jones with TDs (10 in 2013)
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jerry Jones “gets it?” I think a lot of Cowboys fans would disagree with you there...

Jerry Jones is Mike Brown west.

And I wish Dalton all the luck in the world ! Hope he tears it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: There really wasn't any weapons on those teams except 2015. I don't know very many, if any of his receivers that don't have career best in a major stat. Like for example Marvin Jones with TDs (10 in 2013)

13 and 15 were the years you can say he had weapons similar to what dallas has now. Those were also his best years. 2013 moreso in the touchdown and yards category
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea, Benjarvis Green ellis really dominated

Huh? I clearly said AJ. The 7x Pro Bowler. And that doesn’t mean Dalton wasn’t good (so don’t get your panties in a bunch) but he didn’t “carry the offense.” Those first couple years AJ was the majority of the offense.

And then we got Marvin Jones, who was also pretty damn good. Which correlated in 2 of Dalton’s best years statistically (13 & 15).

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  Many would argue it was the other way around.

But they would not have anything to back up their claim.

Bengals still had a healthy .565 winning percentage in the 69 games where Green had fewer than 85 receiving yards (39-30).

Compare that to the .361 winning percentage in 72 games where Dalton had a passer rating under 90 (26-46).

Dalton carried the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But they would not have anything to back up their claim.

Bengals still had a healthy .565 winning percentage in the 69 games where Green had fewer than 85 receiving yards (39-30).

Compare that to the .361 winning percentage in 72 games where Dalton had a passer rating under 90 (26-46).

Dalton carried the Bengals.

Who was the better player Andy or AJ? Should be a simple question (with an easy answer).

Just compare them to their peers. How many times did AJ finish in the top 10 in any receiving categories? How many times did Dalton finish top 10 in any passing categories?

Honestly this is just a ridiculous thing to debate. Even the most biased people should be able to admit there were two better players on the Bengals offense from 11-15. Their names where AJ Green and Andrew Whitworth.

Idk why it’s not enough to just say Andy was really good, but probably our 3rd best player on offense. And it should certainly be easy to admit he didn’t “carry them.”

Not every QB is lucky enough to have a prime AJ Green. I love Tyler Boyd, but Burrow sure as hell doesn’t have that level of #1 right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who was the better player Andy or AJ? Should be a simple question (with an easy answer).

It is a simple question, but it was not what we were discussing.

We were talking about which player had a greater impact on winning games.  And it is clear that the Bengals could win without Green having a good day, but they could not when Dalton had a passer rating under 90.

Dalton carried the Bengals.  Green did not.
Reply/Quote