Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this for real
(02-13-2018, 09:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the child wants to be in black face?  
No, I don't think anyone said that, but it's interesting where your mind immediately goes.

Quote:Children say crazy stuff.  Maybe he has low self worth, or living in her family maybe they promote to be shamed if you are white

Or maybe it's the more obvious reason, and the innocent one given his age, that he just really likes his friend and wants to have more in common with him. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-13-2018, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you're gonna have a hard time explaining why a kid who wished he was a different color doesn't care about skin color

Cool
...there's something to that. I suppose Pelosi'd better not told this particular story. But 8 hours to fill, so not everything can be golden wisdoms in there I guess.
(02-13-2018, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you're gonna have a hard time explaining why a kid who wished he was a different color doesn't care about skin color; but I have every faith in the fact that you'll try and Dino will agree. 

No matter how noble we think his intentions were or the feeble point Pelosi was trying to make ; his exact words shows that he cares about skin color. The preceding story supports that fact, it does not refute it. 

Let's try that experiment again

Folks can answer yes of no:

If a kid's Birthday wish is to have a different skin color does he care about skin color? 

Or rather I said it in the sense that he doesn't judge people based on their skin color given his age. I'm sorry if I was too informal. I assumed my second response cleared that up, but here you are playing petty games. 

So now you have my own view of the situation that I attribute only to myself and not the subject of the thread. If you have an actual response to my post with some analysis of how it differs from your own, lemme know. 

(02-13-2018, 09:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: Cool
...there's something to that. I suppose Pelosi'd better not told this particular story. But 8 hours to fill, so not everything can be golden wisdoms in there I guess.

No doubt, she was just rambling at times.

Seems others understand the moral of the story from Carlson Tucker, to members on this Board. All I have to go by are her words and not just the one sentence, the entire story and she said she was proud that her Grandson wished he were a different color than what he is (I assume he's white); but I cannot be sure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-13-2018, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt, she was just rambling at times.

Seems others understand the moral of the story from Carlson Tucker, to members on this Board. All I have to go by are her words and not just the one sentence, the entire story and she said she was proud that her Grandson wished he were a different color than what he is (I assume he's white); but I cannot be sure. 

I guess her point was intended to come across quite differently. Then again, people claim that very thing about Trump often and I usually disagree in those instances. Ah, the biases we all have.
(02-13-2018, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks can answer yes or no:

Did Nancy Pelosi say she was proud of her Grandson because he said he wished he was Brown? 

Yes.

Now you answer yes or no.

Was Pelosi proud of her grandson because he hates white people?

Pelosi's remarks do not bother me because she was proud of her grandson being willing to accept people of different color.

Carlson's remarks upset me because he turned it into "hating white people".

Does every person that tries to get a suntan hate white people?
(02-13-2018, 03:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This Coming from the guy who regularly goes at my wife and children is pathetic.

just view it as a kind of bullying and learn a life lesson
People suck
(02-13-2018, 03:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What good thing came from the bullying by an adult of Megan Meier or of Grace McComas by her rapist and his friends?

Still curious about how this bullying was a good thing

(02-14-2018, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

Now you answer yes or no.

Was Pelosi proud of her grandson because he hates white people?

Pelosi's remarks do not bother me because she was proud of her grandson being willing to accept people of different color.

Carlson's remarks upset me because he turned it into "hating white people".

Does every person that tries to get a suntan hate white people?

No.

See how easy that is. 

As to the rest: Of course Carlson's comments are going to upset you more than Pelosi's, cause you tend to agree with her other points more. There may be an equal population that feel Nancy was "white shaming" and as I said; I'm not one to decipher her words, but she did say she was proud that her Grandson wished he was a color other than he is and I simply asked did she really just say that. But a population here has said no. 

(02-14-2018, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No.

See how easy that is. 

As to the rest: Of course Carlson's comments are going to upset you more than Pelosi's, cause you tend to agree with her other points more. There may be an equal population that feel Nancy was "white shaming" and as I said; I'm not one to decipher her words, but she did say she was proud that her Grandson wished he was a color other than he is and I simply asked did she really just say that. But a population here has said no. 

Too smart by half.   You watched the video and knew "she said that".  No need for confirmation, right?

There was an agenda in that post.  That's why it was a copy of the transcript and was a video with your boy Tucker commenting on what she "meant".

Cute though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2018, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not one to decipher her words,

Then why did you interpret it as "white shaming" from your very first post?

Or do you mean that you don't have to decipher her words because you just let Carlson and the rest of the right-wing echo chamber do your thinking for you?
(02-14-2018, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did you interpret it as "white shaming" from your very first post?

Meh, you're gonna have to quote me to show where I said it was white shaming.

I don't even think I mentioned specific color, just seemed like a stupid thing to say that you are proud of your grandchild for wishing he was a different color. As I said we can only assume her Grandchild is white; because she did say he looks like the "other side" of the family and I'm quite sure she's white. 

As to the "echo chamber" seems most everyone on here knows more what they say than I do. 

(02-14-2018, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No.

See how easy that is. 

I feel there is an argument to be made though that feeling "white-shamed" by that is an exaggerated sentiment. From a rational standpoint, as far as I can have one.

Which leads me to saying that a) FOX didn't need to make a story out of that to begin with and b) it's kind of odd how the sentiments of a segment of people are important that often regularly - and maybe sometimes even rightfully - mock the "hurt feelings" of the left. People who feel offended or white shamed by this are, let's say, snowflakes. Is what I feel.
(02-14-2018, 07:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: I feel there is an argument to be made though that feeling "white-shamed" by that is an exaggerated sentiment. From a rational standpoint, as far as I can have one.

Which leads me to saying that a) FOX didn't need to make a story out of that to begin with and b) it's kind of odd how the sentiments of a segment of people are important that often regularly - and maybe sometimes even rightfully - mock the "hurt feelings" of the left. People who feel offended or white shamed by this are, let's say, snowflakes. Is what I feel.

I disagree and have absolutely no problem with Nancy getting called out for the "story". You want to monopolize Congress for 8 hours so a budget cannot get voted on; be ready to get some feedback. 

The more I think about her words the more ignorant I feel they are. I think to point of her story was to embrace diversity, but she illustrated this by saying her Grandson wanted to be the same as his friend and that made her proud. Wouldn't make more sense if she said she was proud because her GC said he realizes that he and his friend are different, but it doesn't matter? 

I can easily see how some would consider her words to be "white shaming"; what color do we assume the kid is that wants this change? 

(02-14-2018, 07:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I disagree and have absolutely no problem with Nancy getting called out for the "story". You want to monopolize Congress for 8 hours so a budget cannot get voted on; be ready to get some feedback. 

The more I think about her words the more ignorant I feel they are. I think to point of her story was to embrace diversity, but she illustrated this by saying her Grandson wanted to be the same as his friend and that made her proud. Wouldn't make more sense if she said she was proud because her GC said he realizes that he and his friend are different, but it doesn't matter? 

I can easily see how some would consider her words to be "white shaming"; what color do we assume the kid is that wants this change? 

What I really think is that she chose her words unwisely and maybe lost her common theme, got a bit lost within talking or something among these lines. Which is something I'd expect within 8 hours of speaking. I also do not think it's reasonable to actually believe her intention was to shame white people. As you said, she probably wanted to embrace diversity and did it in a very clumsy way. And to me that's the whole story.

I do agree it's absolutely fair game to point to that part of the speech for a political opponent, and FOX probably has to be regarded as such. Which is kinda sad in its own way, but so be it, her words get used. That this usage is so effective, however, is something I find questionable.
(02-14-2018, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't even think I mentioned specific color,

(02-12-2018, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only imagine how proud Maxie Waters would be of her grandchild wishing he was white.  

Hilarious
(02-14-2018, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did you interpret it as "white shaming" from your very first post?

Or do you mean that you don't have to decipher her words because you just let Carlson and the rest of the right-wing echo chamber do your thinking for you?

(02-14-2018, 08:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious

No doubt. 

(02-14-2018, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the "echo chamber" seems most everyone on here knows more what they say than I do. 

And I am sure Tucker Carlson just happened to be the only source for this story, right?
(02-14-2018, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. 

Your very first post was the one where you used Tucker Carlsons rant on white shaming to frame the story.

Why was that?  Why pick one of the most right wing extremist to make your point for you?
(02-14-2018, 08:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I am sure Tucker Carlson just happened to be the only source for this story, right?

I doubt he's the only source, but as I mentioned earlier I heard talk of this quote and went to You Tube to find it. It was the first one that I found that contained the quote and used it. 

Now you and Pat were quick to bring dude into the equation; perhaps in attempts to deflect from the ridiculous statement by NP. I made nor reference to his interpretation of her words until well after others, who obviously listen to him much more than I, did.