Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this for real
(02-14-2018, 08:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your very first post was the one where you used Tucker Carlsons rant on white shaming to frame the story.

Why was that?  Why pick one of the most right wing extremist to make your point for you?

It has been explained a couple times in the thread already. I have (had) no idea this guy was one of the most right wing extremists. I thought that moniker belonged to that guy that used to be on Hannity and Combs (Now that was a show I watched). 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2018, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It has been explained a couple times in the thread already. I have (had) no idea this guy was one of the most right wing extremists. I thought that moniker belonged to that guy that used to be on Hannity and Combs (Now that was a show I watched). 

So you just picked the guy whose opinion most matched yours?
(02-15-2018, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you just picked the guy whose opinion most matched yours?

Yes Fred. I am an extreme Right Wing racist, homophobic, sexist and I scoured the internet to find this dude's comments on the sentences because we think exactly alike.

(02-14-2018, 08:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your very first post was the one where you used Tucker Carlsons rant on white shaming to frame the story.

Why was that?  Why pick one of the most right wing extremist to make your point for you?

Seriously, what does that even matter? OP used his own words and gave his own thoughts on the matter from the start. That the source video has Tucker in it adds nothing to them.

This is an actual case of Tucker shaming.

I apologize for adding that comment, but this permanent derailing debates into mocking games of proving another person's extremism, nonreflectiveness, naivity etc. gets just really tiresome sometimes.
(02-15-2018, 04:15 PM)hollodero Wrote: Seriously, what does that even matter? OP used his own words and gave his own thoughts on the matter from the start. That the source video has Tucker in it adds nothing to them.

This is an actual case of Tucker shaming.

I apologize for adding that comment, but this permanent derailing debates into mocking games of proving another person's extremism, nonreflectiveness, naivity etc. gets just really tiresome sometimes.

Well again if Bfine's thoughts and words were solely "is this for real" he knew before he ever posted because he saw the video.  He certainly didn't need anyone to say "yes.  Your ears work well."

There had to be some other reason for sharing it, didn't there?

I mean there are transcripts and other videos I'm sure.

So posting it with the simple question "is this for real" seems a bit silly.

He also asked "Did Pelosi really say she was proud of her grandson for wishing to be other than who his is?"

"who he is" is white based on the clip.

That is where the debate occurred.  Many of us do not feel that Pelosi was proud that her grandson didn't want to be white.  That within the full context of her speech, including what she said right before that and right after, it had a much deeper meaning.

But when faced with that the OP switched back to "did she say the words or not".  Which, again, is silly as he posted the video where she said "the words".

So either it was about did she simply say that sentence in which case there's no need for a thread about it, or it's about the MEANING of the sentence which most of us discussed.  And some of that discussion comes from the words that Tucker Carlson used to describe the words Pelosi used. Which, it is safe to assume, the OP heard and posted anyway with an innocent question of "Did Pelosi really say she was proud of her grandson for wishing to be other than who his is?".

Just my two cents.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-15-2018, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well again if Bfine's thoughts and words were solely "is this for real" he knew before he ever posted because he saw the video.  He certainly didn't need anyone to say "yes.  Your ears work well."

Well, of course not. It was a figure of speech, maybe one not everyone would use and certainly part of an individual style, but that's it.

(02-15-2018, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: There had to be some other reason for sharing it, didn't there?

It included Pelosi's words. OP said multiple times that was the reason. Why wouldn't you leave it at that?

(02-15-2018, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean there are transcripts and other videos I'm sure.

And OP took one of them, possibly just the first one that popped up on youtube in suggestions or wherever. Seriously, benefit of the doubt? Or is it really that utterly important to prove OP did that on purpose to show his support for Tucker, which shows his support for this and that and so on?

(02-15-2018, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: So posting it with the simple question "is this for real" seems a bit silly.

OK then. First and foremost it doesn't matter much.

(02-15-2018, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: He also asked "Did Pelosi really say she was proud of her grandson for wishing to be other than who his is?"

That is where the debate occurred.  Many of us do not feel that Pelosi was proud that her grandson didn't want to be white.  That within the full context of her speech, including what she said right before that and right after, it had a much deeper meaning.

But when faced with that the OP switched back to "did she say the words or not".  Which, again, is silly as he posted the video where she said "the words".

So either it was about did she simply say that sentence in which case there's no need for a thread about it, or it's about the MEANING of the sentence which most of us discussed.  And some of that discussion comes from the words that Tucker Carlson used to describe the words Pelosi used. Which, it is safe to assume, the OP heard and posted anyway with an innocent question of "Did Pelosi really say she was proud of her grandson for wishing to be other than who his is?".

Yeah alright. I don't agree with OP's assessment as well, as I stated. I also think and stated FOX overblows the story and that white-shaming is an exaggeration. All that doesn't mean you have to align OP with Tucker and then hold Tucker and things Tucker says and believes in general against him. My personal view on that aside (being against forcefully throwing people in one pot), one can not really say that this kind of argueing had proven to be valuable or moves debates along well.
(02-15-2018, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well again if Bfine's thoughts and words were solely "is this for real" he knew before he ever posted because he saw the video.  He certainly didn't need anyone to say "yes.  Your ears work well."

There had to be some other reason for sharing it, didn't there?

I mean there are transcripts and other videos I'm sure.

So posting it with the simple question "is this for real" seems a bit silly.

He also asked "Did Pelosi really say she was proud of her grandson for wishing to be other than who his is?"

Just my two cents.

The OP has not changed his stance since the beginning. "To be say you are proud that your Grandchild wishes he was a different color is ridiculous". So when I hear something incredible stupid I will ask the rhetorical question "Did she really say that or For Real? I cannot count how many times I've used the latter in this very forum. 

Folks are welcome to read through this thread and make their own assessments to the quality of the posts herein. Perhaps determine if they see a common theme with the usual suspects.

Hollodero and I do not see eye to eye on much, but we do not try to paint folks to be other than what they are.

(02-15-2018, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The OP has not changed his stance since the beginning. "To be say you are proud that your Grandchild wishes he was a different color is ridiculous". So when I hear something incredible stupid I will ask the rhetorical question "Did she really say that or For Real? I cannot count how many times I've used the latter in this very forum. 

Folks are welcome to read through this thread and make their own assessments to the quality of the posts herein. Perhaps determine if they see a common theme with the usual suspects.

Hollodero and I do not see eye to eye on much, but we do not try to paint folks to be other than what they are.

You never said what you thought of her words.

(02-13-2018, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why the hell would someone "believe that she somehow said it"? It is exactly what she said. I have zero idea how someone could believe she didn't say it (well after hearing it of course). 

(02-13-2018, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero idea why you posted her exact words; as they show exactly what she said. It appears you are intent on trying to change the words by providing your view of the words. 

Let's try an experiment that will never, ever work here:

Folks can answer yes or no:

Did Nancy Pelosi say she was proud of her Grandson because he said he wished he was Brown? 

That's what you said.

Unless your video of Tucker was what you thought also...because you did watch it.

(02-13-2018, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to Tucker Carlson's show: IDK if it is racist or not; as the next time I watch it will be the first. Simply used the link with his introduction as it is the one on youtube that provides the quote.

(02-13-2018, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems others understand the moral of the story from Carlson Tucker, to members on this Board. All I have to go by are her words and not just the one sentence, the entire story and she said she was proud that her Grandson wished he were a different color than what he is (I assume he's white); but I cannot be sure. 

Fact is I believe you "meant" to say that were aghast that someone would be proud of the grandchild for wanting something other than white skin whether you said it or not until this last post:

Quote:"To be say you are proud that your Grandchild wishes he was a different color is ridiculous".

Despite that it opened the conversation to what she meant within the context of the speech. Not just one sentence and her "exact words".

Some will agree with you. Some will disagree.
Someone should remind Pelosi that her grandson can just identify as a "brown skinned" individual. Voila. Problem solved. ThumbsUp
(02-15-2018, 06:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: You never said what you thought of her words.

That's what you said.

Unless your video of Tucker was what you thought also...because you did watch it.

Fact is I believe you "meant" to say that were aghast that someone would be proud of the grandchild for wanting something other than white skin whether you said it or not until this last post:

Despite that it opened the conversation to what she meant within the context of the speech.  Not just one sentence and her "exact words".

Some will agree with you.  Some will disagree.

For real?

(02-15-2018, 06:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone should remind Pelosi that her grandson can just identify as a "brown skinned" individual. Voila. Problem solved. ThumbsUp

Leftist have pocahantas identifing as an Indian to enrich herself so it makes sense for Pelosi to move forward with that with her grandson.
(02-15-2018, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real?

I quoted exact words.

My words are right there.

If there is a question about what those words "meant" feel free to ask.  I'd be glad to clear up any confusion.  Cool
I think it is pretty clear that there are two different views on what Pelosi meant.

Some say she hates white people. These people are the right wing extremists that love Tucker Carlosn. Some other say she is proud that her grandson is accepting of other races.

Bfine consistently sides with the conservative base that Carlson plays to. So obviously I am going to assume that he posted the Carlson video because he agrees with Carlson's opinion. And in this case the level of outrage and disbelief Bfine expressed over the comment even further proves that he agrees with Carlson's position. The people who think Pelosi was proud of her grandson for being accepting of other races would never be as shocked as Bfine was over the comment.

So i don't know why Bfine won't just own his opinion. His level of shock and disbelief clearly indicates how he feels about it.
(02-15-2018, 08:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it is pretty clear that there are two different views on what Pelosi meant.

Some say she hates white people.  These people are the right wing extremists that love Tucker Carlosn.  Some other say she is proud that her grandson is accepting of other races.

Bfine consistently sides with the conservative base that Carlson plays to.  So obviously I am going to assume that he posted the Carlson video because he agrees with Carlson's opinion.  And in this case the level of outrage and disbelief Bfine expressed over the comment even further proves that he agrees with Carlson's position.  The people who think Pelosi was proud of her grandson for being accepting of other races would never be as shocked as Bfine was over the comment.

So i don't know why Bfine won't just own his opinion.  His level of shock and disbelief clearly indicates how he feels about it.

Perhaps it could be that bfine's opinion is not what you and you Dino wish it was.

bfine's opinion is that is stupid for anyone to be proud of their grandchild wishing they were any color other than what they are. bfine has "owned" this since giddy up.

It's fine for you to assume; however, once you have been informed, there is no need for assumption. You were rightly called out on your antagonistic ways, so if you want to be shocked that someone will not "own" something, you might want to look in the mirror.

(02-15-2018, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps it could be that bfine's opinion is not what you and you Dino wish it was.

bfine's opinion is that is stupid for anyone to be proud of their grandchild wishing they were any color other than what they are. bfine has "owned" this since giddy up.

It's fine for you to assume; however, once you have been informed, there is no need for assumption. You were rightly called out on your antagonistic ways, so if you want to be shocked that someone will not "own" something, you might want to look in the mirror.

Perhaps next time you, er I mean Bfine, should just clearly state Bfines opinion instead of posting a link to a story that has an entirely different explanation.

Carlson made it clear that he thought Pelosi's comments were about "hating white people".  If that was not Bfines position then Bfine should not have posted that link.

BTW speaking of ones self in the third person is a common tool used by people who want to separate themselves from their own actions/opinions.
(02-15-2018, 09:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Perhaps next time you, er I mean Bfine, should just clearly state Bfines opinion instead of posting a link to a story that has an entirely different explanation.

Carlson made it clear that he thought Pelosi's comments were about "hating white people".  If that was not Bfines position then Bfine should not have posted that link.

BTW speaking of ones self in the third person is a common tool used by people who want to separate themselves from their own actions/opinions.
For real? 

(02-15-2018, 08:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it is pretty clear that there are two different views on what Pelosi meant.

Some say she hates white people.  These people are the right wing extremists that love Tucker Carlosn.  Some other say she is proud that her grandson is accepting of other races.

Bfine consistently sides with the conservative base that Carlson plays to.  So obviously I am going to assume that he posted the Carlson video because he agrees with Carlson's opinion.  And in this case the level of outrage and disbelief Bfine expressed over the comment even further proves that he agrees with Carlson's position.  The people who think Pelosi was proud of her grandson for being accepting of other races would never be as shocked as Bfine was over the comment.

So i don't know why Bfine won't just own his opinion.  His level of shock and disbelief clearly indicates how he feels about it.

???
He sides with the conservative base because he's a conservative. So that's not a surprise, nor is it nefarious. Additionally he thinks Pelosi's comments are ridiculous. That doesn't mean he unequivocally sides with Tucker Carlson, who unequivocally sides with right wing extremists (which could be true, I don't know). 
As soon as OP said he didn't post the video because of Tucker Carlson, this logic of painting a conservative as a right wing extremist needs to be let go of and deserves no further mention (aside maybe pointing out the choice of video was maybe unfortunate). Or else I cannot believe that a wish for an honest exchange it what drives the critics in this debate.

Also, again, these repeated attempts to undeservedly paint people as extreme, stupid echo chamber parrots to ridicule them is annoying. OP actually tried to tell you something like that in quite a restrained matter several times. Nevertheless, you persisted.

I have to go now, I spotted a windmill I need to take care of. Yiihaa.
(02-16-2018, 04:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: As soon as OP said he didn't post the video because of Tucker Carlson, this logic of painting a conservative as a right wing extremist needs to be let go of and deserves no further mention (aside maybe pointing out the choice of video was maybe unfortunate). Or else I cannot believe that a wish for an honest exchange it what drives the critics in this debate.

Only problem with this is that Bfine is famous for siding with right wing extremists then trying to claim he isn't.

Notice how he came up with the lie about "not even mentioning race" when he had clearly mentioned race in his second post of this thread.  That is a classic Bfine move.

And I personally never post a link to a video or a article unless it supports my opinion.  If he made the "unfortunate mistake" of posting a link to something that did not support his opinion then he needs to pay for that mistake.  I know he is a big fan of "personal responsibility".
(02-16-2018, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem with this is that Bfine is famous for siding with right wing extremists then trying to claim he isn't.

Notice how he came up with the lie about "not even mentioning race" when he had clearly mentioned race in his second post of this thread.  That is a classic Bfine move.

And I personally never post a link to a video or a article unless it supports my opinion.  If he made the "unfortunate mistake" of posting a link to something that did not support his opinion then he needs to pay for that mistake.  I know he is a big fan of "personal responsibility".

Actually bfine didn't come up with a lie at all. Fred said bfine made it about white shaming in his first post, bfine responded by; you're going to have to show me where; as I don't think I even mentioned race. We reviewed bfine's first post and sure enough he made no mention of race. So then Fredlogic kicks in and he finds another post where bfine mentions race to draw a correlation to how ignorant the sentiment of the words were and Fred says "SEE, BFINE"S A LIAR!!" even though those can read can see he did not.

bfine is not known for siding with right wing extremists (he is guilty of being morally conservative and supporting POTUS). That's just something else Fred came up with so he can try to justify his antagonistic ways that many have grown tired of and for which you have been rightly called out.

(02-16-2018, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem with this is that Bfine is famous for siding with right wing extremists then trying to claim he isn't.

I don't know about that, the way I see it people just often try to drive others like him in that corner. I do not see bfine as an right wing extremist Breitbart style.
Doesn't mean I agree with him in any way on the actual topic (or almost any topic really). But that's just not fair to suggest.

(02-16-2018, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Notice how he came up with the lie about "not even mentioning race" when he had clearly mentioned race in his second post of this thread.  That is a classic Bfine move.

I noticed. I don't give it much weight, because I thought the point he tried to make in said post is different from what you allege.

(02-16-2018, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I personally never post a link to a video or a article unless it supports my opinion.  If he made the "unfortunate mistake" of posting a link to something that did not support his opinion then he needs to pay for that mistake.  I know he is a big fan of "personal responsibility".

Alright. He said it's not about Tucker and that's that though. I think it's not that constructive to keep trying to hang him for that.
Says me, but who am I to continuously talk out of turn here. Bfine doesn't need my support and I'm merely a guest here, so I'm done talking now.