Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-11-2015, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm mostly offended we live in a country where professing believing in a magic carpenter completely acceptable and/or mandatory to hold political offices, but professing belief in bigfoot is simply begging to be treated like an idiot.  It's not so much that I want to believe in bigfoot and be taken seriously so much as I'd like to live in a world with less self-righteous hypocrisy.

How does someone believing in a magic carpenter affect your life? Someone believing in Mohammad apparently doesn't. Nor does a man that believes he's a woman.

And in this ever increasing secular society believing in a god is simply begging to be treated like an idiot. So stop your whining.
(10-11-2015, 12:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am highly offended when people say that homosexuals are not entitled to equal protection under the law because God says so.

Damn Muslims.
(10-11-2015, 12:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: And in this ever increasing secular society believing in a god is simply begging to be treated like an idiot. 

Well, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2015, 10:19 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Ok, so we can't complain until we're martyrs, like Christians in the ME. 

If only you atheists followed your own logic on persecution, this place would be a ghost town 

In all seriousness how much of the persecution of Christians (in the middle east or anywhere) is at the hand of atheists.  Versus the amount at the hands of OTHEr religions who think THEY are right and don't want persecuted? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Christians arent persecuted...theyre just whiners.
This about sums it up for me.

https://youtu.be/_2E01jA-H6A?t=23s
(10-11-2015, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I'd like to live in a slightly freer country but certain people seem to think something or another a certain god supposedly said takes precedence over some things.

How has Belief in God made you less free? I am quite curious to read your post.
(10-11-2015, 12:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I wish a person could get elected President of the United States without having to be a Christian.

You have one right now. He is an atheist.

Anyone who took even a closer look at him pre election knew this ..
(10-11-2015, 12:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: How does someone believing in a magic carpenter affect your life? Someone believing in Mohammad apparently doesn't. Nor does a man that believes he's a woman.

And in this ever increasing secular society believing in a god is simply begging to be treated like an idiot. So stop your whining.

I thought people believing in Mohammad made them want to blow me up for being an infidel?  Geez, I can't believe anyone anymore!
(10-11-2015, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You have one right now.   He is an atheist.  

I actually agree with you, I too think Obama is really an atheist.  Unfortunately, for you, you've literally made his point for him.  
(10-11-2015, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You have one right now. He is an atheist.

But yet, even if he is an Atheist, had he not put on the charade of being Christian he would have been unelectable.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-11-2015, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How has Belief in God made you less free?   I am quite curious to read your post.

There is no reason to debate you on this.  You seem to be one of those people who complains about undue and unfair influences upon the political climate and our day-to-day lives regarding factors with which he disagrees while ignoring such egregious and unfair influences when they fit your agenda.

That is all.  If you think certain aspects of Christianity haven't been implemented to prevent certain people from living their lives as free as others then you really aren't giving your like-minded brethren credit for making the USA more of a Christian nation.  Seems like that's the sort of thing you'd want to pat yourself on the back about.
(10-11-2015, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How has Belief in God made you less free?   I am quite curious to read your post.

I can't marry a pony.
(10-11-2015, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't marry a pony.

I knew you were a Bronie !

[Image: My-Little-pony-collector-Alan-Thomas.jpg]
(10-11-2015, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't marry a pony.

I suppose you'll just have to be content with being its bytch, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Look, I don't care how good of a Christian you are, this is just creepy...literally touring the remains, like some circus side-show, of an 11-yr old girl who died in 1902.

http://www.timesherald.com/lifestyle/20150923/large-crowd-turns-out-to-view-remains-of-st-maria-goretti
[Image: AR-150929893.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667]
(10-11-2015, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought people believing in Mohammad made them want to blow me up for being an infidel?  Geez, I can't believe anyone anymore!

OK,  I was correct then... those believing in Islam doesn't bother you at all.

You cant let it bother you because it would put you on the same side as Christians.
Admit it.
(10-12-2015, 12:55 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Look, I don't care how good of a Christian you are, this is just creepy...literally touring the remains, like some circus side-show, of an 11-yr old girl who died in 1902.

http://www.timesherald.com/lifestyle/20150923/large-crowd-turns-out-to-view-remains-of-st-maria-goretti
[Image: AR-150929893.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667]

True, but is it really any more creepy than telling 5 year old kids they'll burn for eternity in hell if they don't believe some guy from 2,000 years ago rose from the dead?
(10-12-2015, 12:57 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: True, but is it really any more creepy than telling 5 year old kids they'll burn for eternity in hell if they don't believe some guy from 2,000 years ago rose from the dead?

Creepy? You're odd. That would be more along the lines of being scared straight.
(10-12-2015, 01:03 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Creepy? You're odd. That would be more along the lines of being scared straight.

Only if you consider being afraid of things there's no reason to believe in "straight".