Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
(10-01-2019, 04:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My reply is: After 9 years, it's blatantly obvious that Dalton isn't some transcendent talent that can win as a Bengal. 

Stop it. Dude has a winning record as a starter AS A BENGAL. Yes, he's clearly on a downward spiral and it would behoove Taylor to find a replacement ASAP, but stop with this nonsense that Dalton is a loser or isn't a winner. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:26 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yes, Andy didn’t play well last night.  Yes the o line is, well, offensive.

Did y’all miss the defense giving up 27 unanswered points?  Allowing a rookie qb, making his second start, to go 24-28?  I didn’t hear Dunlaps name called after showing the starting lineup.  I heard Geno’s name once.  Gonna blame all that on dalton too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I had with picking on the defense in past games against the Bills and 49ers was the disparity of the TOP.  With the Bills, as an example,  there was almost 13 minutes disparity.  Although the Bengals edged the Steelers Monday Night in terms of TOP, the defense looked gassed.  There is clearly problems at backer.  Bengals really miss Dennard and Kirkpatrick is not as studly as he views himself.  But the offense is not helping the defense outside of the first game against Seattle.  

THIS TEAM PLAYS SLOW on both sides of the ball.  They are predictable and easily countered.  Some of this has to do with lack of talent.  But also, one must look at the coaching staff at this point.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just because we felt the need for a coaching change, does not mean fans liked ZT choice.

He is being paid millions, he should not need to learn on the job, he should have been job ready.

ZT's results last night were embarrassing, he accomplished early what it took ML years to accomplish, a mutiny of the fan base.

No more leeway, the man either starts to win games or needs to be shown the door. Our offense (his supposed strength) looked like a college team last night which is 100% on him.

He gets a chance to play another winless team at home this week, hopefully he can get the win, if not, not good.

This is still not Taylor's team.  He needs to purge the roster and get his QB.  Dalton was Marvin's guy.   

I still question Turner as OL coach and I am not quite as sold on Sweet Lou.  Hard to tell because the team is tackling poorly and taking bad angles so, maybe position coaches should be evaluated as well. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I would really love for the Bengals to right their wrong and get Del Rio in the offseason (or now?).

It would be uplifting to do anything at this point.  I would like some people to get fired during the season, which is not typical for this franchise.  I mean why not go for JDR?  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I never absolve Dalton of everything....  But if you think replacing just him will fix any of this...  You aint been watching.

Replacing the quarterback position won’t improve run blocking at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It would be uplifting to do anything at this point.  I would like some people to get fired during the season, which is not typical for this franchise.  I mean why not go for JDR?  

The Bengals have fired a coordinator by mid-season each of the past two seasons. Zampese in 2017 and Austin in 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Replacing the quarterback position won’t improve run blocking at all.

This year it won't but next year it will free up $17.7 mill that could go toward OL and therefore improve run blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ha ha lot of crying going on around here...

More like gnashing of the teeth like in one of the Hell-Raiser movies... Nervous   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I posted the below in the All things Andy sub forum:

On one of the sacks last night Andy looked like he was literally frozen. I have never seen anything like it. I'm not sure if a permanent benching is the answer put when he struggles like he has in the last 2 games they need to pull him and let him watch . He's a smart guy maybe he can pick up something. Hell he might be better at identifying things than our current staff.

As to the OP: Nothing is over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hmm

I thought Japan bombed Pearl Harbor....
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is still not Taylor's team.  He needs to purge the roster and get his QB.  Dalton was Marvin's guy.   

I still question Turner as OL coach and I am not quite as sold on Sweet Lou.  Hard to tell because the team is tackling poorly and taking bad angles so, maybe position coaches should be evaluated as well. 

based on the play calling ive seen the thing I question the most is Talyor calling plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This year it won't but next year it will free up $17.7 mill that could go toward OL and therefore improve run blocking.

Well yeah you would hope that using $17.7 mill  would improve run blocking but this is Mike Brown we are talking about here. The guy just busted on almost a entire new line for Andy and Joe.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:38 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Well yeah you would hope that using $17.7 mill  would improve run blocking but this is Mike Brown we are talking about here. The guy just busted on almost a entire new line for Andy.

Mike needs to kick troy and katie to the curb and call in marv as his GM and get us back on track lol
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on the play calling ive seen the thing I question the most is Talyor calling plays.

Taylor and the Bengals were prepared the first week against Seattle.  Seems like play calls since have been either predictable or players are not executing as they seem to play in Slow-Motion.  I don't know if the players are not in condition or are thinking too much.  Not sure.  But the Bengals are not winning the LOS on offense for sure, and the defense is not maintaining gap integrity at least at the backer level.  

Thus far, the only glimmer of half-time adjustments working in favor of the Bengals is the Bills game.  I do not know what to think at this point objectively.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mike needs to kick troy and katie to the curb and call in marv as his GM and get us back on track lol

Marv should have been promoted to that position years ago when we were all calling for it. Instead, we get nothing. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Taylor and the Bengals were prepared the first week against Seattle.  Seems like play calls since have been either predictable or players are not executing as they seem to play in Slow-Motion.  I don't know if the players are not in condition or are thinking too much.  Not sure.  But the Bengals are not winning the LOS on offense for sure, and the defense is not maintaining gap integrity at least at the backer level.  

Thus far, the only glimmer of half-time adjustments working in favor of the Bengals is the Bills game.  I do not know what to think at this point objectively.  

The Offensive line isn't good enough to run what Taylor wants to run.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Offensive line isn't good enough to run what Taylor wants to run.

I agree with this except when one recalls the Seattle game, on both sides of the ball, the players played fast, with high energy and with confidence.  I know different opposing personnel will bring out differently player attributes but this does not look even remotely similar to the Seattle Bengals.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hmm

I thought Japan bombed Pearl Harbor....

Oh boy... is someone too young to get the movie reference/joke?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:57 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Oh boy... is someone too young to get the movie reference/joke?

Yes I know BFine well and I get his sardonic sense of humor.    :hooked:  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree with this except when one recalls the Seattle game, on both sides of the ball, the players played fast, with high energy and with confidence.  I know different opposing personnel will bring out differently player attributes but this does not look even remotely similar to the Seattle Bengals.  

The Seattle game was a mirage at this point.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This year it won't but next year it will free up $17.7 mill that could go toward OL and therefore improve run blocking.

And they would just pay the same shitty guys more money
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote