Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
Dalton isn’t terrible but he’s always had obvious limitations. Now, put him behind a terrible Oline and these results are predictable. Dalton isn’t a good plan if winning a championship is the goal but there has to be a process to replacing him. Putting a young guy behind this line and getting him hurt or ruining his confidence isn’t a good plan. Dalton will probably have a season ending injury this year because he’s playing scared and he has every reason to be scared. It is time for a new QB just like it was time for a new HeadCoach. As you see with the HeadCoach, the problems run much deeper. Replacing Dalton doesn’t fix all of the things that make him look bad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've watched Andy Dalton fold up like a pup tent for the last time.

Yeah, yeah, yeah offensive line, I get it. But that doesn't change the fact that AD's pocket awareness is crap. Dalton's ability to maneuver in the pocket and remain any kind of effective is crap. Dalton doesn't know how or just flat won't step up in the pocket. He panics at the first sign he's not gonna have security zone around him and his accuracy goes out the window. Move him off his point and the play is over.

I'm sick of all the excuses. It's time to turn the page.

Somebody holler at me when they put Finley in.

Wow, that bad huh? Didn't get to watch the game yet as I will on Gamepass later but if Dalton is folding like this and 
panicking like this it may be time to move on. Maybe he got ruined by such shitty line play over the years and there is 
no way of him getting past it. Any time we lose to the Steelers sucks but getting dominated by them with a beat up 
team makes no sense to me.

You are usually right BF74 and I pretty much always agree with you so your thread really jumped out to me. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know, but this whole "not the only/biggest problem" mantra is just getting less applicable the worse we get.  If we were 2-2 or if we get back to a near respectable W/L record we can get back to focusing on one thing.  As it is now, it's like setting a fire in the living room so your wife will stop focusing on your infidelity.  Trust me, she's got enough time and brainpower to be upset about both things.

When you are 7-9 or so you can focus on your biggest issue.  Right now we are looking like a 3-13 team so focusing on the biggest issue is bordering on mere avoidance and/or delusion.

So, are you agreeing with me or not?  And what exactly did you tell my wife?   Wink
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So, are you agreeing with me or not?  And what exactly did you tell my wife?   Wink

Hey Tiger Teeth, good to see you bud lol
Reply/Quote
Red Rifle seems like a cool nickname someone would have to earn
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Tiger Teeth, good to see you bud lol

Howdy bro'.  Welcome to the morning sunshine saga.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Howdy bro'.  Welcome to the morning sunshine saga.

Ha ha lot of crying going on around here...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: They did fine between the tackles until late when like we have seen in the past they got gashed. The edges aren't the responsibility of the down linemen in a 3-4 no matter the personnel, unless it's an over or under set which this wasn't. That was on the OLB's and the Safeties/CB's who I continue to say have killed us in correctly being the force defender and holding the edge.

Correct, the 3-4 OLBs or 4-3 DEs need to set the edge in the run game along with the secondary. I'm not expecting Billings and Atkins (or Wren) to do that. I'm expecting Dunlap and Hubbard to be good enough to contain the edge while the interior DL seals and pushes the inside. The off-ball LBs need to play better or at least have enough speed to go to the outside if they are expecting inside and then have to bounce out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct, the 3-4 OLBs or 4-3 DEs need to set the edge in the run game along with the secondary. I'm not expecting Billings and Atkins (or Wren) to do that. I'm expecting Dunlap and Hubbard to be good enough to contain the edge while the interior DL seals and pushes the inside. The off-ball LBs need to play better or at least have enough speed to go to the outside if they are expecting inside and then have to bounce out.

Did Pratt play?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did Pratt play?

Yes, he had 12 snaps, which was 20%.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, he had 12 snaps, which was 20%.

Gonna watch the game in a bit on gamepass and see how he looked.

Probably gonna have to have a beer or 20 though while doing so...

Oh well, it is my birthday.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gonna watch the game in a bit on gamepass and see how he looked.

2 combined tackles for Pratt vs PIT. 1 solo, 1 assist.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So, are you agreeing with me or not?  And what exactly did you tell my wife?   Wink

I'm just saying the mantra of focusing on our biggest problem works better when the team isn't 0-4 and full of problems.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gonna watch the game in a bit on gamepass and see how he looked.

Turn the game off after we go up 3-0 and just assume we won.  It's all downhill from there.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 2 combined tackles for Pratt vs PIT. 1 solo, 1 assist.

Want to see him get more snaps as the season goes on.

Must be better then what we have seen from Preston.

(10-01-2019, 01:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Turn the game off after we go up 3-0 and just assume we won.  It's all downhill from there.

I will just drink more brewskies and bear it I think. We will see.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just saying the mantra of focusing on our biggest problem works better when the team isn't 0-4 and full of problems.

Well, I would agree with that.  But how did my wife find out about, well, what you said?   Tongue
Reply/Quote

Happy Birthday bother.  Now go to your User Page and fix it so next year I'll know, I am responsible for posting Birthdays, 'Holic threatened me.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it is.  Maybe they just needed to hit rock bottom, like they did last night, in order to be convinced that it's time to stand up and fight as a team?

My worst fear? This isn’t rock bottom.
Reply/Quote
Sure seemed like Pittsburgh watched the 49er film and attacked the same area. Maybe we didn't give up huge chunks of yards like the 9er game, but we weren't effective either...not enough to stop what their game plan was
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Want to see him get more snaps as the season goes on.

Must be better then what we have seen from Preston.

I will just drink more brewskies and bear it I think. We will see.

Both Vigil and Brown need replaced by next season. Pratt can hopefully claim one of those spots.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote