Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
Lou definitely looks like a sixth-choice Defensive Coordinator.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:58 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Lou definitely looks like a sixth-choice Defensive Coordinator.

And Zac looks like a 6th choice head coach. He hired him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:58 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Lou definitely looks like a sixth-choice Defensive Coordinator.

I would really love for the Bengals to right their wrong and get Del Rio in the offseason (or now?).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Discipline is a serious problem on this team and it has been for a while. A brand new coaching staff and you're seeing the same shit. Missed tackles, botched coverage, giving up on plays, clock management, penalties at the worst possible time.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:44 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Our defensive alignment is a joke as well. Lou sucks. Its all bad right now.

It's pretty embarrassing that Anarumo thought the "big base" with 3 DTs would actually work.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I would really love for the Bengals to right their wrong and get Del Rio in the offseason (or now?).

I'm ready for now

Why wait until we're 2-12 ? including QB We need to find out what we have going into the next draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ahhh the diversion angle, yes other things suck on this team, got it  :andy:

But that doesn't excuse Daltons awful play time and again anytime the heat is on.

There’s no “diversion angle” here. Most of the team played like tiger shit. I even said dalton played like crap. But he didn’t give up 27 points by himself.

Mixon, Billings and Bullock. They played well. Mixon did about as well as he could under the circumstances. Billings had some fight in him. Sad when you have to list a kicker who goes 1-1 on field attempts.

We don’t need to rehash Dalton’s 8 year career after a bad game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm ready for now

Why wait until we're 2-12 ? including QB We need to find out what we have going into the next draft.

I'd like to do it now but I think if anything, the Bengals will wait until the bye week.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty embarrassing that Anarumo thought the "big base" with 3 DTs would actually work.

It's essentially a base 3-4, this idea that it was some unique defense is false. In a 3-4 Geno would be playing DE, so again it really wasn't unique or special in anyways. 

In terms of moving forward, Geno/Dunlap/AJ/Andy/Price should all be available for trade. I don't think we see Finley until after the bye week, but we need to see what he brings. I don't hate Andy but this is now a rebuilding team and we need to see what Finley is before the draft where we will be drafting high.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:17 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: There’s no “diversion angle” here.  Most of the team played like tiger shit.  I even said dalton played like crap.  But he didn’t give up 27 points by himself.

Mixon, Billings and Bullock.  They played well.  Mixon did about as well as he could under the circumstances.  Billings had some fight in him.  Sad when you have to list a kicker who goes 1-1 on field attempts.

The following people need to no longer be on the team (or at least starting) next year:
Smith
Hart
Vigil
Brown

I also don't think Dalton is mobile enough to extend plays and needs a really good OL to be successful. I don't see Dalton as the QB for the next 5 years. The team could invest $17.7 mill elsewhere if they trade/release him, but I could see them wanting to keep him to groom a new franchise QB for a year. 
I'm also fine moving on from AJ Green, Cordy Glenn, and Tyler Eifert.

The Bengals HAVE to get really good starter or two in FA next year though if they have any hope to compete. Their track record for developing good talent is really going downhill.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's essentially a base 3-4, this idea that it was some unique defense is false. In a 3-4 Geno would be playing DE, so again it really wasn't unique or special in anyways. 

In terms of moving forward, Geno/Dunlap/AJ/Andy/Price should all be available for trade. I don't think we see Finley until after the bye week, but we need to see what he brings. I don't hate Andy but this is now a rebuilding team and we need to see what Finley is before the draft where we will be drafting high.

I get that but I've seen 3-4 DEs move better than the Bengals' DTs were.
In my mind, Dunlap and Atkins would be the DEs in a 3-4 with Billings at NT. They need faster players at OLB if they are rushing from the edge in a 3-4.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:17 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: There’s no “diversion angle” here.  Most of the team played like tiger shit.  I even said dalton played like crap.  But he didn’t give up 27 points by himself.

Mixon, Billings and Bullock.  They played well.  Mixon did about as well as he could under the circumstances.  Billings had some fight in him.  Sad when you have to list a kicker who goes 1-1 on field attempts.

BenZoo I've never been a Dalton basher, ever. In fact I've been one of his bigger supporters. But over his last 6 or 8 games my eyes have started to open.

I'm just sick of the excuses, sick of the diversion, sick of the it's the Oline, the OC, the running game, the HC, the play calling, the defense sucks, AD didn't miss the tackle on D and on and on and on !

The bottom line is Dalton is part of the problem......period
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm ready for now

I wouldn’t mind at all if we tried Finley next week. But I’ll tell you why it won’t happen. ZT and crew are only 2 games behind the division leaders and are going to think they have a chance to turn it around. Unfortunately, last night was the seal on our season but they won’t see it. Dalton is a decent qb, but with the OL playing like they are, he’s the worst guy to have out there because he’s not mobile. I’m not putting Dalton down, but he’s probably not the answer in turning this thing around. Heck, and that’s only one of many things wrong with these guys.

Reply/Quote
It's how they look beyond even the failed plays. Hell, even Booger was saying, in the 3rd quarter, they are down 3 TD's and aren't even in a no huddle.
Doesn't a good qb, an experienced one, understand the circumstances? Zac didn't look bothered by it either.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: BenZoo I've never been a Dalton basher, ever. In fact I've been one of his bigger supporters. But over his last 6 or 8 games my eyes have started to open.

I'm just sick of the excuses, sick of the diversion, sick of the it's the Oline, the OC, the running game, the HC, the play calling, the defense sucks, AD didn't miss the tackle on D and on and on and on !

The bottom line is Dalton is part of the problem......period

If the excuse never changes (o-line never gets better), then why does your perception of AD change?  I mean literally last night, Steelers front 3 won their matchups over and over and receiving options were blanketed.  What was AD supposed to do?  You saw what the check-downs/screens looked like  (Mixon hit immediately).   If AD has all kinds of time and is throwing bad balls when getting feet planted then we have sound reasoning, but dude was throwing off balance all night, if he even had time to throw at all!

AD is part of the problem ONLY in the fact that the Bengals team itself is losing badly.  All 53 men are part of the problem in that sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And time to go in a different direction at QB

Yes, I think that it's about that time.  Last night, Andy looked defeated and dejected, frustrated to the point where he wasn't even thinking anymore.  Just robotically dropping back three steps and unloading as quick as he could.  Last night would have been a perfect time to give Ryan Finley a few series of live action.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I get that but I've seen 3-4 DEs move better than the Bengals' DTs were.
In my mind, Dunlap and Atkins would be the DEs in a 3-4 with Billings at NT. They need faster players at OLB if they are rushing from the edge in a 3-4.

Heyward is 6-5 296 and Tuit is 6-6 303 where as Wren played in that "Big base" as an end along with Atkins and Wren is 6-5 315 and Atkins is 6-1 300. Again, there was nothing special or unique about the "big base" other than they stood up Dunlap and Hubbard who honestly would stand up as the Jack linebacker in most 3-4's. Maybe you could argue it was slightly heavy with the weak side backer a little bigger than normal but overall it really wasn't far fetched. 

If I was converting the team to a full time 3-4 I honestly would carry this as a standard package for base downs. My bigger issue is we still can't protect the edges which to me is a Safety/CB issue and their ability to play in run support. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wouldn’t mind at all if we tried Finley next week. But I’ll tell you why it won’t happen. ZT and crew are only 2 games behind the division leaders and are going to think they have a chance to turn it around. Unfortunately, last night was the seal on our season but they won’t see it. Dalton is a decent qb, but with the OL playing like they are, he’s the worst guy to have out there because he’s not mobile. I’m not putting Dalton down, but he’s probably not the answer in turning this thing around. Heck, and that’s only one of many things wrong with these guys.

I wouldn't mind seeing Finley after the bye week if the Bengals aren't at 3-5 by that point.
But we know the Bengals will keep Dalton in there until (at least) they are technically eliminated from playoff contention.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: Heyward is 6-5 296 and Tuit is 6-6 303 where as Wren played in that "Big base" as an end along with Atkins and Wren is 6-5 315 and Atkins is 6-1 300. Again, there was nothing special or unique about the "big base" other than they stood up Dunlap and Hubbard who honestly would stand up as the Jack linebacker in most 3-4's. Maybe you could argue it was slightly heavy with the weak side backer a little bigger than normal but overall it really wasn't far fetched. 

If I was converting the team to a full time 3-4 I honestly would carry this as a standard package for base downs. My bigger issue is we still can't protect the edges which to me is a Safety/CB issue and their ability to play in run support. 

Wren seems too big for being a DE in a 3-4 IMO. Not changing my mind on that.
Meanwhile, Dunlap is 285 and Atkins is 300.

I know Lawson wasn't available, but if the Bengals did deploy a 3-4, my ideal personnel would be:
NT - Billings
DE - Dunlap, Atkins
OLB - Lawson, Hubbard
ILB - Brown, Pratt
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder why anyone maintains being a fan of a team when they field this type of trash, the only reason to watch is if Ross will drop or catch a pass. I find it hard to believe Miami is worse than this. Tempted to watch their games on rewind.

I am not sure they are worse, I guess we will see cant remember which week they play.  Maybe it will be the playoff for who gets tua.
Reply/Quote