Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
(10-01-2019, 06:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Seattle game was a mirage at this point.

But it wasn't.  Bengals out played Seattle in all three phases physically and statistically.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seattle game was our Superbowl.

It'll be an interesting offseason. They've got to clean house, we are about to see if they can manage a rebuild, and hopefully get some picks in the process.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: YES, the entire team sucks (mostly). But you CAN'T replace an entire team like you can replace 1 QB. 

NO, replacing that 1 QB isn't going to magically transform this team into playoff contenders overnight. 

BUT, as i've already said numerous times, QB is the most important and most impactful position ON THE FIELD. A good QB can keep a team with a bad defense in the game and can put an average team over the top by his play alone--sometimes that's just completing a few more passes that lead to a few more points. 

Yes, obviously qb is the most important position on the field.  And daltons play can certainly be called.  But I highly doubt any qb on the roster last night would have lead us to victory.  I'd rather not watch a rookie qb get thrown to wolves when the ol was overmatched and watch his confidence go down the drain.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:25 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yes, obviously qb is the most important position on the field.  And daltons play can certainly be called.  But I highly doubt any qb on the roster last night would have lead us to victory.  I'd rather not watch a rookie qb get thrown to wolves when the ol was overmatched and watch his confidence go down the drain.

No doubt, rookies are typically going to have a rough go of it when you throw them in against a defense that's more talented than they've ever seen in college. That's not to say it can't be done successfully. We've seen a few examples this season alone. 

The bottom line is, you know what Dalton can and can't do behind center. Mostly, he can't, and especially can't behind this line because he has minimal mobility and no pocket presence. He's not a guy that's--either been taught or just has the inate ability--to move in the pocket or simply start climbing the pocket once he reaches the top of his drop. He has done it but it's rare. Some QBs just automatically have that clock in their head where they start to move at a certain point. 

I don't know how Finley would do with this team for a full game against #1s across the board but i do know that Dalton mostly shits the bed these days. One thing that is certain is, when pressed during pre season games, Finley showed a clear ability to feel pressure and move around in the pocket, giving himself time to complete passes. 

This offense is as stagnant as it could possibly be and along with the QB, the play calling is to blame as well. ZT said they "needed to try and get some rhythm together, going forward" and it just wasn't working. It felt like it was well past time to get Dalton out of there simply because he was doing next to nothing, most of the time. 

Finley may not be the answer. No QB currently on the team may be the answer. But you will never know if he could be better unelss you put him in the damn game. He's not some bug-eyed 21 year old rookie that's only had a season or two of game experience in college. He was a 3 year, full time starter after transferring, in a power 5 conference and he's a 24 (25 in December) year old man that has plenty of experience playing QB on a football team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Keep everyone but Dalton and Taylor and replace them with Reid Mahomes this is a SB contender.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wyche you know me from the mother ship back in 11 or whatever. You know I've never blamed AD for this teams failures. Never been a Dalton basher.

I'd have to write 3 pages to sum up the AD era and that would be just a quick overview. Having said that I just strongly feel the AD era is over. It's time to pull the plug.

We need to see what we have going forward and we need more than just a final two or three games look at Finley and/or Dolegala.

When on this team is the Oline ever gonna be perfect to insert the rookie QB ? 2028

Oh, I know brother, and I'm with you. He's done here, much like Palmer was in 2010. But Monday night? That was the worst performance I've seen in a very long time by an offensive line of ours. Pressure from the outside was relentless. On top of that, rushers were coming free up the middle. There really wasn't anywhere to run. You couple that with them being able to do that with 3 to 5 rushers, there's no one open if your QB can get the ball out. I mean, he was sacked immediately after a play fake on the strip sack. I'd be slinging my helmet too.

(10-01-2019, 03:19 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I know every team deals with injuries, and I know every fanbase feels like their team gets the worst of it, but I gotta tell you.  I don't know what it is about this team, but then they get hit with the injury bug it's almost always severely debilitating. 

What happened to this offensive line over the last five years can almost be classified as a human atrocity. 

It's bad man. I think our biggest issue is, and has been, lack of depth on the back end of the roster. The 2015 draft set us back a couple of years, this year set us back at least another with injuries/retirement.

(10-01-2019, 03:40 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The Bengals reminded me last night in the Monday night game of the Dave Shula, Bruce Coslett era back in the nineties,with quarterbacks John Kitna,Akili Smith,Terrible O line.This is the worst,in my opinion,I have seen the Bengals look in a long long time.

You said it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No doubt, rookies are typically going to have a rough go of it when you throw them in against a defense that's more talented than they've ever seen in college. That's not to say it can't be done successfully. We've seen a few examples this season alone. 

The bottom line is, you know what Dalton can and can't do behind center. Mostly, he can't, and especially can't behind this line because he has minimal mobility and no pocket presence. He's not a guy that's--either been taught or just has the inate ability--to move in the pocket or simply start climbing the pocket once he reaches the top of his drop. He has done it but it's rare. Some QBs just automatically have that clock in their head where they start to move at a certain point. 

I don't know how Finley would do with this team for a full game against #1s across the board but i do know that Dalton mostly shits the bed these days. One thing that is certain is, when pressed during pre season games, Finley showed a clear ability to feel pressure and move around in the pocket, giving himself time to complete passes. 

This offense is as stagnant as it could possibly be and along with the QB, the play calling is to blame as well. ZT said they "needed to try and get some rhythm together, going forward" and it just wasn't working. It felt like it was well past time to get Dalton out of there simply because he was doing next to nothing, most of the time. 

Finley may not be the answer. No QB currently on the team may be the answer. But you will never know if he could be better unelss you put him in the damn game. He's not some bug-eyed 21 year old rookie that's only had a season or two of game experience in college. He was a 3 year, full time starter after transferring, in a power 5 conference and he's a 24 (25 in December) year old man that has plenty of experience playing QB on a football team. 

And that ability, whether against the 1st string or the 3rd string is the same. The ability to feel the rush, move up and/or side step to avoid it, stay focused downfield, and get reset and complete a pass IS NOT DETERMINED BY THE SKILL LEVEL OF THE RUSHER

Is it completely different facing the 1st string vs. guys that won't even make the team in preseason ? Absolutely

But the QB's ability to not shit his pants under the first sign of pressure is not determined by the skill level of the defense. Am I saying Finley is a sure fire pro bowler ? No 

Do I believe we're going to go on an 11-1 run with him in there ? No

We're 0-4, our chances of making the playoffs with this team are like -1%. We need a long look at Finley and I hope that starts sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Keep everyone but Dalton and Taylor and replace them with Reid Mahomes this is a SB contender.

I will assume you were being very sarcastic.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:36 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I will assume you were being very sarcastic.

I'm serious Mahomes doesn't need protection plus Andy Reid would mask our weaknesses. The only downside is Reid's game management is worse than Marvin so we would still probably come up short of a championship
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:58 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm serious Mahomes doesn't need protection plus Andy Reid would mask our weaknesses. The only downside is Reid's game management is worse than Marvin so we would still probably come up short of a championship

I HAVE to find something else to do on sundays as I kinda feel like this team is not going to be worth watching,and its going to take a long long time, years to fix this and it will never get fixed with the owners we have.Please hire a gm and real scouts and a real coaching staff.Boy,were we led to believe things would change,talk about drinking the kool-aid !!!!!!!!!!!!! some one please help,my meds are no longer working and I may have to check myself into a nursing home for long-suffering bengals fans. I hope its cheap,as I have already spent on my real money on bengals,thank you mike brown.
Reply/Quote